• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart1298

2.0 8V Turbo Dyno Results

welshpug

could be a map sensor fault.

whizzer71

could be a map sensor fault.

Which will be an internal ecu fault, dont suppose youve got a dodgy injector / injectors have you ?

:unsure:

welshpug

far from impossible to fix and not unknown for them to fail.

peter

just turn the boost up they seem to run much better (less rich) i ran one for 2years at 14psi and it never went wrong, unlike my m3...

stuart1298

The boost only goes up to 1 bar, don't wanna kill it. I'm thinking of getting an xm turbo loom and ECU, wire it in my self and keep the diagnostic port, if it was injectors wouldn't they be bad all the time, is there any way of testing em? My cheap toy isnt being very cheap recently and getting the hump now

peter

have you tried un-plugging the lambda?

stuart1298

No, it's brand nee, is the exhaust has a few small blows on it I have now found out. Hoping that is my problem, need to get it off and welded a bit better

welshpug

lambda is disregarded at wot, not many dont do this as it doesnt switch fast enough

stuart1298

What does WOT stand for?

stuart1298

Makes sense now, cheers

stuart1298

Someone has told me it might not be over fueling but might be a lack of air, but making it appear to be over fueling

jackherer

"a lack of air" :lol: Don't take any more advice from whoever told you that :wacko:

The ECU might not see the airflow correctly which would be a MAP sensor fault, as already mentioned above. The other thing to consider is the pipe to the ECU which is how the MAP sensor measures the inlet vacuum (or boost) so check for a split or leak and make sure its connected correctly.

whizzer71

Hi Stuart, I see you're only in Essex, I have a spare unlocked Ecu if you would like to try it for elimination purposes, Im near Canterbury so njot so far away, As for checking out the injectors Dave at Emerald has the required equipment and only charges a nominal fee for doing so.

Hope that helps

Tris

whizzer71

Someone has told me it might not be over fueling but might be a lack of air, but making it appear to be over fueling

Is that kinda like british rail and "The wrong kind of snow"

:lol:

stuart1298

Only problem I have, I can try all these things but won't no for certain until its on a dyno, I suppose my best bet is to get everything together and try it and each time have a run

stuart1298

Have I been an idiot?? Have a feeling that the duel pressure regualtor could be the issue, as people have said. Has anyone got a diagram of which part of the fuel ral is the in put, got a sudden feeling I may have the inlet and out let pipes the wrong way round....

jonnyturbo

if your talking about the fuel pipes being wrong way then afaik it wont run at all or im sure mine didnt when i tried putting the pipes on the opposite way.

whizzer71

I might be wrong but I think the feed has a larger diameter ?, the return comes out the bottom of the regulator housing in the fuel rail if that makes sense ?

Edited by whizzer71

wicked

Don't use 2 pressure regulators!!! If you want to use an adjustable one, you have to remove the original one. Make sure that the reference pressure is connected to the manifold after the throttle.

stuart1298

That's all good, I am running it the right way round, jut fort I better check, gonna try n get a fuel pressure regulator tester thing off someone or get it tested

Sign in to follow this