• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart1298

2.0 8V Turbo Dyno Results

stuart1298

Right, after last months dyno of 97bhp I tracked down I had a missing nox sensor, So took it down there today, and hit 164.8 so little bit of an improvement ;) but its still over fuelling, air filter is getting plenty of air, new nox sensor, which Is working, genuine pug temp sensor, but I hit boost at 4250 rpm my air to fuel ratio drops to 10.5:1 (which is as low as it measures) and power drops to 150 bhp

welshpug

so what did it make today? the standard 150 or 164?

Tom Fenton

Am I reading right that it doesn't make boost till 4250rpm?

stuart1298

sorry, i maybe reading it wrong, i will upload the results

stuart1298

should mean more to you guys

Miles

Any plot of the torque?

But if it's a std engine, Power is kept well as they don;t normally as it's all out of puff by 6000

stuart1298

thats the fueling and bhp sheet, the torque is on another print out, but battery has died on my phone, so cant upload the other pics now,

the only mods to the engine are exhaust system, induction kit and front mount intercooler, nothing else has been up rated

Anthony

My memory is a bit hazy, but isn't the rev limit on a 2.0 Turbo engine well before 7000rpm as suggested by that printout?

If the RR isn't measuring rpm properly then that throws any figures out of the window, given that rpm is an integral part of the power-torque calculation.

dcc

dont they assume youre running with as close to a 1:1 gear ratio to estimate rpm? so depends on what gear your in ? also thats running very rich. what ecu is it? what injectors?

and what fuel pressure

stuart1298

They were running it in 3rd. Standard ECU, injectors and pressure regulator, might get a new regulator in it if I can't find some one with a tool to messaure it

sounds of silence

looks more like a management fault like a cts or such like and went into a default and just over fueling , but again the rpm on the graph doesnt look correct

stuart1298

Just had a genuine cts fitted, so should be ok

sounds of silence

Was only using the cts as am example mate i would be looking for a sensor fault tho

stuart1298

And idea what other sensors. It's had brand new, crank, lambda, nox, ect sensors

welshpug

so what's actually wrong?

wicked

Don't drive at max with this afr; you'll get bore wash and your piston rings will wear out fast and polish the 'liner'.

With how much boost do you (intend to) drive?

I expect a failing fuel pressure regulator; normally you can check it if you take off the return fuel line and see if it returns fuel to the tank, but would not advise to do that on a RR with hot engine.

ross009

post edited for being completely in accurate due to me not paying attention

Edited by ross009

stuart1298

I'm running .8 bar will get a fuel pressure tegulator

Tom Fenton

Your not rich your lean very lean!! at max power 164 bhp which you hit at 4250 rpm your afr is 15:1 this is WAY to high even then when you drop off the power your afr's are still way to high at WOT at full boost you want to be seeing in the high 12's on afr iw ould say your not getting enough fuel pressure or injector problem?

What graph are you looking at?

The one I'm looking at shows afr at 13:1 to 12.5:1 which is ideal, until it then plummets to 10:1 which is too rich.

Not sure where you have got 15:1 from?

ross009

ha ha ive read that like a retard completely ignore my post sorry!

stuart1298

I was wondering of the pipe that comes from the throttle valve to the pressure regulator might be blowing the regulator shut at high boost rather than allowing it to open, I no its working fine at low boost as you can see it doesn't over fuel till boost kicks in, I'm new to turbo'd cars, this is

My first, so all a learning experience to me

ross009

i think it should have a one way valve in it mate my only experience 1st hand is renault 5 turbos but a vacum line to the fpr will go + pressure and could defo do weird stuff

welshpug

there's no additional valve for the FPR, when when it sees vacuum it'll drop the pressure, I don't think it will raise it past 3 bar at all but possible it is.

easy t check, hook up a pressure gauge, must be for Injection as a carb gauge will not last due to the pressure.

stuart1298

Just seems strange it's only when the car hits boost

Sign in to follow this