• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

Yellow Rallye

wilyoldave

Wrong.

It's a lower spec GTi6 which took Peugeot an age to sell even at a lower price :lol:

Weight saving is due to poverty spec swaps. At least with things like the 172 cup over the 172 they lost the ABS, reduced sound deadening, slightly wider track due to offset etc to offset the weight and imprive the feel slightly while retaining electrics.

I'd bloody love a 306 rallye though :lol:

Guess what I bought at the weekend.........

eddie bullit

Guess what I bought at the weekend.........

got any pictuires?

wilyoldave

Havent got the car yet - gotta wait to satureday! like waiting for crimbo :lol:

johnnyboy666

By far the most under-rated 205's are the GT and the Roland garros!

everybody loves the XS, for its nippy-ness, and the excitement over the rallye seems to be the rarity.

Nobody seems to pay much attention to the roland garros which is basically a special edition XS with awesome paintwork, white leather interior, very nippy and looks great, and has the rarity of about 350 hardtops and 150 soft (i think)

As for the GT, basically a 5door xs, its the only sporty 5door model IMO and I tend to get the feeling that it weighs less than the 3door versions (not sure if thats true but it certainly feels lighter for some reason)

Edited by johnnyboy666

wilyoldave

Is it white? and local?

might be.....................

wilyoldave

So Dan fancy a Miami!

chipstick

might be.....................

That'l be the eBay one then. The description could have been more in depth! Was on Pistonheads for sale for an age a while back. Something just didn't add up with it to me.

No not now :lol: I've bought another car now and have to leave one at work so I can't have any more :ph34r:

Edited by chipstick

wilyoldave

Yeah wasnt the best advert - but seems a genuine car, must have missed it on pistonheads - lad has owned it for 6 years and it drove ok - not mint but I will have to do something about that!

So go on then what you bought now? not another 6 to rape!

Edited by wilyoldave

muddatrucker

I like UK Rallyes, I prefer the white ones as the paint fades less and I prefer them standard (theres one knocking about with lexus lights, a few with gti trim, etc).

I owned a GT and it was a brilliant car, I'd love to own another.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-GT-1-4-TU3S-4-door-version-Peugeot-205-XS-/120809681349?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c20d171c5#ht_1017wt_1136

Edited by muddatrucker

JRL

I like UK Rallyes, I prefer the white ones as the paint fades less and I prefer them standard (theres one knocking about with lexus lights, a few with gti trim, etc).

I owned a GT and it was a brilliant car, I'd love to own another.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-GT-1-4-TU3S-4-door-version-Peugeot-205-XS-/120809681349?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c20d171c5#ht_1017wt_1136

just been looking at this gt looks like a good one.

talking about xs xr gt's etc have you seen this 80's XS advert- love it makes me want an xs

Edited by JRL

muddatrucker

talking about xs xr gt's etc have you seen this 80's XS advert- love it makes me want an xs

Maybe I'm just sexist but the woman driving it and wearing glitter put me off...but then I'm the kinda guy who cant watch a film with a female lead because I know I wont care if she lives or dies!

christopher

But it is yellow!! You cant help liking it.

Yellow cars are just so retro and cool. I bet you get lots of looks driving a yellow rallye.

But i guess i am biased. My first car was a signal yellow mk1 Ford Fiesta with a black stripe down the side and a black vinyl roof. RS2000 style.

Gentry_Ba

hi!

hmm, the link reminds me on this:

http://www.autoscout24.ch/Search/Detail.aspx?lng=de&nav=7&vehtyp=10&SearchType=AS24&make=12935&allmakes=AS24&yearto=1994&sort=year_asc&page=4&index=66&vehid=374169

it's a swiss 1.9 automatic with 108km (thats about 65 miles!!!) on the clock! was standing 18 years in a garage... its like NEW.

cheers,

matthias

SurGie

By far the most under-rated 205's are the GT and the Roland garros!

As for the GT, basically a 5door xs, its the only sporty 5door model IMO and I tend to get the feeling that it weighs less than the 3door versions (not sure if thats true but it certainly feels lighter for some reason)

Agreed on this point, my first 205 was the 88 XS which got me into them in the first place and currently own an 86 GT, the XY8 engined model. The XS was nippier in acceleration and faster than my GT but the GT feels more attached to the road round corners etc, much prefer the handling of the GT compared to the XS IMO.

I just wish it wasn't so rusty :lol:

kenp

Agreed on this point, my first 205 was the 88 XS which got me into them in the first place and currently own an 86 GT, the XY8 engined model. The XS was nippier in acceleration and faster than my GT but the GT feels more attached to the road round corners etc, much prefer the handling of the GT compared to the XS IMO.

I just wish it wasn't so rusty :lol:

Getting very OT now, but my first 205 (back in the early 90s) was an '86 XS (XY8 with the twin carbs - Solex IIRC). Was a great little car, took all the abuse and came back for more - gave a few GTis a run for their money too :)

Back on topic, I do have a soft spot for the Rallye (never owned one though) but 10k is very very silly.... I'd expect showroom miles opnly for that sort of price at least!

matt.f

Got to like it because it's a stunner,not worth £10k though!

Be awesome if it was a S1 106 :D

Andy_C

We've just insured that dealer. They've had a lot of 205's and sold them at good prices. Bloody nice blokes too.

kenp

We've just insured that dealer. They've had a lot of 205's and sold them at good prices. Bloody nice blokes too.

Small world - I've just bought a 205 Rallye endurance rally car from them, do seem like a nice bunch, pleased with car too :)

Edited by kenp

custard-rallye

Got to like it because it's a stunner,not worth £10k though!

Be awesome if it was a S1 106 :D

Or a euro 205 rallye

205Rallee

I have an alpine beige (halfway between yellow and white) euro rallye with 215....thousand Km's, wouldn't sell it for £10K though :)

ingliston oversteeer.pdf

shalmaneser

Damnit Peugeot were so cool. What went wrong?!

The Konj

safety regulations + refinement bandwagon = boring heavy euroboxes!

The 306 was the last good one,but even that was beginning to get a bit heavier and more refined!

Back to topic, the 106 esp S1 shows the way Rallyes should be - heavily stripped out.

The 306 Rallye is a great car but only about 20kg lighter than the gti-6

The 205 Rallye isn't quite there as a driver's car, especially when the gti is so fast and light anyway.

So not worth 10 grand. Now if there was a 1.9 gti with 9000 miles that would be tempting! :D