• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mark205

What Tyres Do You Use.

feb

Ive got some PE2's to go on. But I don't like the look of the tread :lol:

I have never used them before. They don't 'look' that grippy due to the pattern.

If you don't like them and they are brand new and fresh I can exchange them with a part worn set of Hankook S1 Evo plus some cash ;)

Edited by feb

welshpug

I couldnt care less what they looked like, PE2's take several hundred miles to wear in as wellk so take it easy for a bit!

I got around that with my last set by buying part worns with 4mm on them for not a lot :ph34r:

welshpug

harryskid

Its got to be said this is a really "SLICK TREAD" :lol:

Oops :o

jonny6

another R1R user here and i cant praise them enough , ridiculously good in the dry , and equally good in the wet .confidence building infact !! deffo buying them again , Rotation.uk sorted me out with a really good deal on them .

chipstick

I can't get to grips with all the choices.

S@m

I'm going to wade in with Uniroyal Rainsport 2's. I used to have them on my 306 and they are awesome come wet or dry, and only £40 each in 15's. I now have toyo T1R's on my Xsara and they are rubbish, i can get understeer on demand through any roundabout in second if i go near the throttle, and in the wet its even worse. Probably going to give PE2's a try next, especially since they are the original tyre for the VTS (more or less) and im that sad.

Sam

TheLarneMan

I'm using Yokohama Advan Neova on mine. Superb in the dry. I've only used them once or twice in the wet (driving sensibly :) ) and they've been fine.

I don't expect to get too many miles out of them but the car is only used now and again.

SurGie

Avon ZV3/5, excellent in the dry, no wheel spin even with the torque I have and very good in the wet, and not expensive.

You do start off in 2nd gear though. However i was impressed with these tyres.

For more info/reviews try THIS place.

kingboyk

I'm running PE2s and am happy with them for the money.

Ciaran76

I've just had Falken 912's put on mine, so far so good. Very reasonably priced as well.

bensonmi

avon zx3's used to warp and wear un evenly, not sure if thats been remedied yet? michelins are the best for every day use, awesome grip wet and dry and out wear the others, as said, try find some decent part worns!

cRaig

Im thinking about getting some Pilot Exalto 2's for my SL434s, can anyone confirm what tyre Im after? Presumably 195/50/15s?

Craig

bensonmi

original size is 185 55 15, but id go 195 50 15, avoid 195 45 15 imo no good on a 205 not enough give in the sidewalls

boldy205

Depends what diameter the Speedlines are!! But yea, 195/50s are pretty much the norm.

marksorrento205

Avon ZV3/5, excellent in the dry, no wheelspin even with the torque I have and very good in the wet, and not expensive.

Used the same for years. I have recently tried t1r's, Goodyear eagle f1's and the 182 has the pe2's. I would not say they are s*it, but not a patch on the Avons for grip in the dry or wet. Never had any problems with the avons wearing funny either?

SurGie

Avon's have around 60% overall feedback ratings and are meant for saloon cars, Goodyear eagle F1's have around the 80% mark. Continental 5 sport has 100% ratings.

Wear is all down to a persons driving style at the end of the day, as well as the car they are driving around.

Baz

I don't think it's worth adding experiences of tyres on other cars, tyres behave differently on different cars.

Im thinking about getting some Pilot Exalto 2's for my SL434s, can anyone confirm what tyre Im after? Presumably 195/50/15s?

Craig

The usual; they look great on 45's as 50's are a little chunky, but they really don't handle as well and do look a little lost in the arches of anything other than a slammed car!

th_151.jpg

marksorrento205

Avon's have around 60% overall feedback ratings and are meant for saloon cars, Goodyear eagle F1's have around the 80% mark. Continental 5 sport has 100% ratings.

Wear is all down to a persons driving style at the end of the day, as well as the car they are driving around.

I dont give a s*it about the figures :lol: I have used them both on the road and track - I bet most reviews are based on a rep in a vectra doing lots of motorway miles ( and dont go and get a load of qoutes as I am not interested! ) After using both I would not rate them that way. Its all personal preference anyhow :) Like Baz said its what suits the car.

Edited by marksorrento205

SurGie

Well i ant going to buy tyres that not many people rate very much compared to those that are rated highly. I agree its all about the car and driver but the first port of call for me is what many other people think, ie ratings of grip/wet/wear etc. Then once i have that info i try a good set that are rated highly by many rather than rated in the lower percentage.

A mass of people's reviews mean more to me than just a few people on a forum, its a good start in looking to buying a good set. Another point is how well the car is put together, ie ball joints, bushes and all that stuff.

For me any ratings above 80% is a good start, then its all about trying them out on the certain car they are meant for. Its all about getting a balance in your choice and a review website is a good start. So many people on here all rate many different tyres.

marksorrento205

Oh and like I said in both my posts, its my views, opinions and my experience of said tyres. Just like everyone else has posted :)

SurGie

Im not saying other forum members choice is wrong or nothing, just that there's far more reviews out there than just a forum. I'm trying to show the OP that he can find more experiences/reviews than just from a few 205 member's. For anyone to say, oh those reviews are full of motorway drivers that basically dont know s*it is a little narrow minded tbh, you dont know this as fact. The amount of reviews there are out there are absolutely loads, iv read loads of peoples reviews explaining the grip on some is superb compared to other's. Also quite a few reviews are written very well, which shows me the person writing the reviews knows his/her stuff, compared to the reviews of some member's.

All these forum tyre threads have no real value when there are many internet reviews which also explain how each tyres work and what they are meant for etc, so you get to know more about them.

marksorrento205

The sites I have read reviews on clearly say what car the tyres were used on and the style of driving during the tyres being fitted. And when someone asks the question im looking to buy new tyres and his sig states he has a 205 xs 1.9 ( granted it may not be the car the tyres are for - but you have to somewhat assume that ) then I would think advice on tyres that people have been driving on in a 205 is very relevant! Yes everyone has different views ( as I have posted in all my posts ) but its more relevant than - I had these tyres on my twin turbo supra or my evo 8 or toyota corolla, as they will feel differnt etc to a 205 ( IMO!!!!! )

Norrow minded coing from you LMFAO :lol: