• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mark205

What Tyres Do You Use.

Anthony

As Mark says, different tyres suit different cars, and thus you need to remember on more general review sites that what works on one car may not on another.

Pirelli P6000's are a classic example - apparently they work well on bigger heavier cars, but on a 205 GTi they are borderline lethal in damp/wet conditions.

The other thing that you need to keep in mind with any review/opinion is what the car is going to be used for - a summer only car doing lots of trackdays is going to have different requirements than a car that is exclusively road used throughout the year and in all conditions. Yokohama Parada's for example are quite reasonable in the dry and handle track abuse quite well (although the sidewalls are far too soft) but are poor in cold, wet conditions. Equally, Michelin PE-2's are excellent on the road, but wear and squirm badly on track. A purpose trackday tyre like an R888 or A048 is great on a dry track, but use the same on a winters day with standing water everywhere and you'll be a nervous wreak by the end of the journey if you've not put it in the scenery along the way.

Anyway, everyone knows that Roadstone Darkhorse 60's are where it's at B)

DamirGTI

Been using mostly Goodyear F1's , and Dunlop SP sport on my 205 ..

Now :

Summer - Unyroyal Rain Expert

Winter - Toyo Snowprox S952

Damir

Henry Yorke

Eagle F1s were great in wet and dry on the road but rapidly overheated on track and tread blocks smeared. Toyo Proxis4 have a hard wear, last well on track but not as confident as the F1s in the wet.just my opinion :-)

White Pugs

IMO Yoko AD08 are the best MSA list 1A tyre available, nice compound, stiff walls but very wide (beware the 195x15 is closer to 205mm width).

The best against others i've competed (sprints/hills) on (Falken ze502, Eagle F1 GSD2, Toyo T1s, Scudo Stunners, Yoko A520s).

J

irmscher

stick with toyos good deals on the internet for four

Baz

As Mark says...

Nope, was definitely me. :P

Eliganza

Anyway, everyone knows that Roadstone Darkhorse 60's are where it's at B)

lol, when I bought my 205 it had a set of these on. Looked hideously old and unsafe so I replaced with T1R's; I'm a fan of these for use in the dry, bit sketchy in the wet but they're a summer tyre really.

deathbringer929

toyo t1r's on my 1.9 and love them in all weathers. my tyre supplier did recommend nexen n2000's, had them on his tt but they were long back order when i was purchasing. 185/55/15

Baz
:lol:

welshpug

of course they would, that's the tyre they make the largest profit on :lol:

ORB

Mmmmmm

Michelin PE2's

ad6b0251.jpg

notamondayfan

I'm going to wade in with Uniroyal Rainsport 2's. I used to have them on my 306 and they are awesome come wet or dry, and only £40 each in 15's. I now have toyo T1R's on my Xsara and they are rubbish, i can get understeer on demand through any roundabout in second if i go near the throttle, and in the wet its even worse. Probably going to give PE2's a try next, especially since they are the original tyre for the VTS (more or less) and im that sad.

Sam

I had Uniroyal Rainsport on my 1.6 years ago, and they were brilliant. Where can you get them at 195 50 for £40 though as I'm in need of some new tyres soon.

Deano

deathbringer929

of course they would, that's the tyre they make the largest profit on :lol:

i should have made it clear my supplier is a personal friend and puts a set amount of profit on any tyre i buy.

S@m

I had Uniroyal Rainsport on my 1.6 years ago, and they were brilliant. Where can you get them at 195 50 for £40 though as I'm in need of some new tyres soon.

Deano

Let me stress that this isn't where i get them from, i get them at trade price from a local supplier that i'm friendly with. But still, the price is close enough.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m53b0s99p60615/UNIROYAL_TYRES_CAR_UNIROYAL_RAINSPORT_2_UNIROYAL_RAIN_SPORT_2-_195_50R15_82V_TL_

Sam