• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Del boy

Rallye Arches

speedy

del boy - i did not cut the arches or the bodywork ... they are made to fit normal xs arches!

hallsy - smoothing with the body is 'almost' impossible to garuantee no cracks in the spray :) . To do it right you need to bring to one piece with tissue fibreglass (loads of work trust me).

Guest Hallsy

Yeah i realise that using filler alone will most likely lead to cracking, but what if i was just to fill the small gaps with seam sealer (PU) then paint over the the arch and wings/quarters together? The PU sealer should have some flexibility and it is designed to be apinted over.

speedy

no gaurantees it wont crack, but that is the best way to do it without having to respray the whole car

speedy

for the 205? rallye arches are the only arches i have that are made to fit straight on.

speedy

Ok i got an idea......

how about rallye arches that will fit with no problem whatsoever? i mean ..

I will do a inner edge on each arch so they can bond on to the bodywork with no hassle whatsoever..... this way it will be a 5 minute job to fit :rolleyes:

If i get enough interest in these arches I will do a sample of what i am talking about and put the pics in here, then we will talk prices depepnding on interest as postage is the main concern ok?

Guest Del boy

Yeah im deffenly interested, who else is?

Sam

He knows how i want mine :rolleyes:

speedy

ok i will start working on it then :rolleyes:

speedy

indication on prices :- as follows

1 set = 100

5 sets for 70 per set

5-10 sets for 55 per set

over 10 for 45 per set

than add postage up, which will depend on the amount but i think it should be around 30-50 per set.

Guest Admin

£200 ish importing to the UK not including insurance for about 30kg's which is how much it costs when the packaging is included otherwise things end up damaged and delays are included.

I've just worked out ome rough values for 10 total including all delivery to anywhere in the UK for 1 set is £120

If there are only 5 people ordering it's £150 and if there is only 2 people it's £235 :rolleyes:

Thats how much the packaging and shipping is, especially considering we've tried cutting the cost of shipping and packaging before and got burnt quite badly by it.

Guest PacMan

Andy i hope you didn't think i was suggesting that you were making it up. :rolleyes:

speedy

andy got the figures right as we talked about it and he also included insurance packaging etc.

So what i need to know is are there any ppl interested if they can be supplied for 120? if there are 10 plus obviuosly.

Guest PacMan

Tempting, but i don't think i'll be in as i had went off the idea of these arches a while ago when i couldn't get any. Have had a change of plans now. :rolleyes:

Could do with a bonnet though :D

Guest Admin

Paccers I actually have a Honeycomb fibreglass 205R bonnet at home packed up ready to go, it's yours for £150 plus Postage. And I didn't think you were suggesting we'd made it up, just wanted to make it a bit clearer.

Guest PacMan

Andy, call me fussy, but i ain't to keen on the 205R bonnet. :rolleyes: Was ideally after a carbon fibre one or perhaps just a fibreglass one with the bulge as i think i'll need the clearance at the back of my engine bay to fit the DCNFs.

Guest Admin

It's similar to the Auto bonnet mate, looks really good on the car believe me. Carbon is very expensive and the one I had wasn't any lighter then the HC ones, if it was it was only 0.5kg or so lighter.

Well the offer is there, I can have it with you next week but you'll need to tell me before friday. Speedy will find you some pics of the bonnet fitted to a 205 so you know what it's like.

Guest Del boy

so is that £120 pounds? if it is il have a set!

speedy

if we get enough interest yes it is 120 .........

Guest Black_205

Also interested in the rallye arches...when are they likely to be in production then speedy??

Cheers Bryan.

Edited by Black_205

speedy

as soon as i have the go ahead from andyY, since he is taking care of it from your end ^_^

Sign in to follow this