• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Del boy

Rallye Arches

Guest Del boy

Has any one fitted rallye arches to a 205? I would like to know how. thanks.

Guest d-9

presumably you get the archs, get the clips, drill holes and mount the clips, then clip the archs on. fitting it to a gti would be a sod as the gti has drilled holes down the sides for the rubbing strips.

oh yeah, good luck finding them, as they're rocking horse s*it.

Leet205

pardon my ignorance but 'rocking horse s*it?' wtf?

Guest saph

A rocking horse don't s*it, think about it.

Same as Hens teeth.

(Very Rare)

Leet205

lol, fair enough. i really should think before i post :\

Guest Del boy

no i want to fit them to a non-gti 205 and why are the rare im might be buying some.

Guest Bigj
and why are the rare im might be buying some.

Well if you can understand that !

Leet205

i think he ment, why are they rare? and hes also saying he might be buying some...i know for sure hes got an offer of them as i was told on msn Lol.

Guest PacMan

They probably won't be OE Rallye arches, they'll be copies from PPM or Ecosse i should think.

Guest d-9

I dont know for a fact, but im guessing its the same as the 106 rallye: the rallye was the only car to have the archs fitted, and they were a limited edition. 205 rallyes are pretty rare over here, ive only seen 3ish in the last 5 years, so finding one to take the archs off is tricky. but if youve got some, congrats, they're well sweet, im fancying a smoothed miami blue with rallye bodykit and morettes..... one day!

Guest Del boy

yeah sorry there copies from PPM. i want the rallye look on my 205.

cybernck

i think he does antares one, speedy does the rallye ones.

Guest Del boy

whats the diffrance between the antares and the rallye ones?

speedy

lots of difference, i will post some pics........ but the anteras are more modern, while the rallye ones are made for 205 xs's same rear arch, so no need for cutting.

cybernck

with antares ones you need 16" or 17" wheels though, as they're fat-ish.

Sam

Plus jose overcharges for them really, he wants £200 for them, whereas i expect speedys rallye arches are quite a bit more reasonable...

Guest Hallsy

They can be a total pain in the arse to fit. I bought mine from PPM but i wish i had tried ecosse. I had to trim mine, and they still need a little bit of fettling to get rid of gaps between arches and bodywork. Also as for fitting straight over XS rear arch, this is not always so, if i remember rightly mine shew some of the bodywork underneath (but this could be solved bya little bit of fettling) but i cut my rear arches for wheel clearance anyway.

Also the studs on my PPM arches were 4mm, f***ign ridiculous!! After a bit of rust or lacquer on there and the nuts will get tight causing bending of the stud, or even shear it straight off. i have made up a load of 6mm studs for mine that i plan to fit sooner or later.

Also mine had no provision for fixings at the sill. I had to self tap through the arch (at the bottom out of sight!!) into the sill. Not ideal really.

Other than that they do look good, here is a couple of pics for ya. I think they look especially good blended into AT '93 skirts, but i can't afford them at the mo.

667326-med.jpg

667324_noplate_-med.jpg

Sam

Hallsy is gonna help fit mine :) heheh

Guest Hallsy

Yeah, no probs bud. Doing it a 2nd time would be much easier i reckon.

At least you shouldn't end up eith bullet holes like these >

6673imag0008.jpg

6673imag0009.jpg

6673imag0003.jpg

667315__1_.jpg

OK, so they don't look that bad on the pics, but in reality the mounting holes just seemed to be getting bigger and bigger as the arches didn't seem to line up properly. Really upsetting at the time!!

speedy

they are exsactly like hallsy's :) sorry no pics yet! still waiting for my 205 to be finished from the sprayer next week now ;).

Hallsy, you don't "need" to drill holes, i fitted a couple of sets with body to body sealer and no drilling. I must admit though that if you do drill, it is a better job even if the ones i fitted are still ok. As for cutting to fit properly it is true unfortunatly.

I will actually show how to fit them with pictures. :)

Price would depend on postage and demand as always an issue since i am in malta ! but they could be sent cheap especially if you are willing to trim to fit yourself (recomended, since for some reason most 205 sides don't match :huh)

speedy

but these were cut from underneath because of the sideskirts and as you can see the bodywork does not show!

205 turbo diesel showing... the sideskirts were already there.

before .

CJ02H527.jpg

after

AUT_01621.jpg

fitting and cutting on this car took 2 hrs max.

Guest Del boy

so speedy did u cut the rear arch to make em fit? or did you cut the arches to fit the body?

Guest Hallsy

Speedy, you are right, you don't "need" to drill the bodywork but i initially tryed using Seam Sealer but the gaps were to big and it didn't pull them in very well.

With careful trimming you could prbably do a very good job just using seam sealer, but i wanted to have the confidence in mechanical fittings.

Although, when i eventualy get round to blending my arches into some AT'93 side skirts i wll bolt them up and fill all gaps between the boywork with seam sealer, then spray so that everything is blended in nicely without any gaps. Will blend the arches into skirts with plastic filler probably so that i can prevent as far as possible any cracking due to bodyflex, etc.

Sign in to follow this