• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrMemzi

1.6 8V Throttle Bodies?

stuart1298

Didn't realise the super charging was that much :( that was going to be my next project, back to the drawing board :(

d7ve_b

:D

Come on Dave, you have seen what a 1.6 can do in a 205 !

:ph34r:

That's very true Tom, and if a 1.6 8v on bodies was even 75% as quick as your turbo'd beast it'd still be bloody rapid!

one point many have missed, what will it be used for? competition of any sort or just trackdays/willy waving?

In my case it'd be used as a fast road Sunday blaster with the occasional use for work on sunny days. ~150bhp and a similar torque number would keep me in pace with more modern machinery and hopefully sound awesome up in the revs.

What components would I be looking at? Jenvey bodies, DTA ECU, inlet manifold, sensors(?).....? I live about 4 miles from chipwizards so I suppose he'd be the man to map it?

MrMenzi - Apologies if I have hijacked this thread for my own benefit but I was just about to post exactly the same thread myself :)

Baz

A 1.6 8v on bodies is something i've thought about as rallying regs have a >1600 class break. 150bhp would be plausible, but it'd need some form of mild cam at least IMO.

It can be done slightly cheaper if you know where to go, but i think £2k fitted & mapped is a minimum for new. Have a look here as the 1620 kit is basically what you'd need, plus a filter etc...

http://www.emeraldm3d.com/em_pricing.html

d7ve_b

Oooooooooooo that's interesting, cheers Baz :)

Tom Fenton

Dave, your car has power steering if I remember right? So may need some extra work to move the power steering pump down onto a sump mounted bracket to clear the inlet/bodies at that end of the engine.

d7ve_b

Tom you are correct regarding my car having PAS, if it was less work I'd be tempted to remove PAS.

MrMemzi

thanks for the help everyone.

P.s Dave your a massive hijacking gay. Hope your wedding goes well :D

Tesstuff

thanks for the help everyone.

P.s Dave your a massive hijacking gay. Hope your wedding goes well :D

Fear not MrMemzi I have reported that Dave one for his shocking thread hijack, and suggested 100% of warn be dealt out to this callous man forthwith :D

Miles

The power steering is a simple fit, I can say almost for sure I was one of the first to do this years ago.

ECU wise, find what your local ish or supplier is happy to fit, I have used Emerald in the past but switched to Omex now as it's so much easier to map

post-43-0-41069100-1315335834_thumb.jpg

stuart1298

As for power steering, unbolt pipes and remove ram, then you have a quic rack, exactly what I've done, or use a electric pas pump of Saxo 106, and put it where ever you like

Sign in to follow this