• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SteveW

First Attempt At Vinyl Wrap, What Do You Think?

SteveW

I bought an auto bonnet for my 205 track car, i toyed with the idea of spraying it myself or getting it done properly but decided on trying some carbon look 3d vinyl wrap, i think it looks great, happy i went that route now. pics in my thread here, page 17

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=104247&st=160e

Edp

198 views and no replies, jesus guys!

I think it looks like you've done a good job. Love the red wheels!

• Like 1

mickie

why point it out twice ? 1 here, the other in his wip.... yeah it looks good

Alessandro513

Pretty good.

SteveW

198 views and no replies, jesus guys!

I think it looks like you've done a good job. Love the red wheels!

Thanks for the reply, wrap came out good for the first attempt. Happy about the wheels aswel :)

SteveW

why point it out twice ? 1 here, the other in his wip.... yeah it looks good

[/quo

Is there a problem with putting a link to my build thread with the pics allready in? i cant see why

custard-rallye

Yeah looks ace :)

joed66

Looks good im in 2 minds with this i only want little bits like the black vinyl on the doors and between the door amd side windows i also wondered what the plastic tale gate strip would look like done.

welshpug

If done well you just cant tell, good material is very important especially outdoors in all that uv etc.

S@m

Looks like a hell of a good result for a first attempt! Was it a lot of effort or was it easy to work with? I have only ever seen one person do wrapping - one attempt, made a right mess of his grille and never tried again so i assumed it was effort!

Sam

kyepan

forum full of lurkers!

looks good, i think a whole car wrap would look interesting.

24seven

16 month bump? :unsure:

The 'bare-carbon look' looks naff on anything other than racing cars made of actual carbon-fibre. Even then 9/10 times it looks better painted, with a hint of the weave showing through. Carbon style wrap looks ridiculous to me. Otherwise from the photos you've done a decent job of it. :)

joed66

Carbon fibre is sexy as hell i wish i could afford the real stuff. I have even looked into putting epoxy resin over some wrap to see it it looka more realy and will also give it a high gloss

MiniGibbo

The 3m looks like s*it.

So cheap and tacky..

joed66

The 3m looks like s*it.

So cheap and tacky..

Well then dont use it.

But dont put people down for what they like just because you dont.

• Like 2

Tom Fenton

The 3m looks like s*it.

So cheap and tacky..

An old saying, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.

I for one am fed up of seeing your unhelpful and derogatory comments on many threads.

It is not in the spirit of the community and will not be tolerated.

Please think before you post.

• Like 1

Tesstuff

An old saying, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.

I for one am fed up of seeing your unhelpful and derogatory comments on many threads.

It is not in the spirit of the community and will not be tolerated.

Please think before you post.

This is a thread asking "What do you think?"

Where in any forum rules does it say we all have to reply saying we like it if we don't?

If the OP is asking for opinions then he will be expecting negative as well as positive comments.

• Like 2

MiniGibbo

I'm sorry for sharing my opinion on an open forum, I'll not bother next time in that case no worries.

joed66

Its not about what your saying just the way your putting it you may not like it thata up to you just say not for me or better yet dont comment dont go around saying its s*ite. And looks s*it.

dcc

LOUD NOISES.

• Like 2

Tesstuff

Its not about what your saying just the way your putting it you may not like it thata up to you just say not for me or better yet dont comment dont go around saying its s*ite. And looks s*it.

You are thus expecting everyone to be the same and conform, there is a word for that you know.

Opinions take many forms and it is part, a major part, of what makes the world go round.

Yes, you will get your ass lickers, people pleasers and general sheep, but we also have the anti establishment, the non conformists and the general antagonists to consider.

If you want opinions on your work and ask for them on an open forum in a country that does not stop their people airing their views( we are not in China or Iran here you know) then you are to expect the rough with the smooth.

kyepan

Genuine criticism is fine, throw away anecdotal insults are not

chipstick

3M vinyl is actually great to work with I think. What brands do you prefer Gibbo?

MiniGibbo

I wouldn't buy a copy of a genuine item, if I wanted a carbon bonnet I'd buy a carbon bonnet.

Fake carbon in my eyes is as said "cheap and tacky"

24seven

You're taking it a little too personally. He said the stuff is crap, not that you've done a bad job. How he chooses to express his opinion, which you asked for, is entirely up to him.