• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Daviewonder

What Colour Gti Would You Go For..

205 Colours  

516 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Namder

white all the way, resprayed my graphite grey in the garage 3 weeks flating 20mins painting 2 weeks poilshing and flating don't recomend!

e8_pack

Has to be white, always remember my mates 1.9 from back in the day.

TehPrefect

Owning a black one i can say its a pain in the a@&e to keep clean and looking tidy. Probably why that colour suffers with rot more. Red fades as well.

If i was to do it again, have to be miami blue or graphite grey with white as a third option. But never, ever a black car again.

Daviewonder

Owning a black one i can say its a pain in the a@&e to keep clean and looking tidy. Probably why that colour suffers with rot more.

:huh:

Are you saying black ones suffer with rot more because dirt shows up worse on them?

• Like 1

harryskid

:huh:

Are you saying black ones suffer with rot more because dirt shows up worse on them?

:lol: :lol:

vtifan

has to be black for me,painted my cherry red black,and my sorrento that i just got is going black,or mybe an outside thought white,they just look so evil black :ph34r:

chris205

Alpine white. I just actually did a check on my alpine white car and it says ita had a colour change from aluminium is that what the silver for the gti,s where called?

NFS

I voted Cherry red even though im restoring my miami 205 lol,

AndyCrom

Laser and owned

Why? I got mine solely because when I was working in France a while back I saw a griffe in a scrappy and removed several bits but mainly a griffe badge and gearknob, still have the badge now but alas no green gear knob :-(

Andy D

Red always looks good but he has to be a good, original cheery red. Finding one today is hard work as most have faded through time. I loved my cherry red concourse GTi but was always afraid in case it got caught or scratched as although it had been garaged from new, any new paint would possibly have stood out.

White and silver always looked the best to me. Black nice when clean and shiny but hard work to keep clean and 'loose' those swirl marks!

baldy

like the greys but im tempted to do a full shoot in a diiferent colour if the engine comes out

back in the day when i went and put a deposit on the 1 that got away was a miami

Edited by baldy

Kezzer30

5A8E10FB-91C5-4F60-A234-D78999B3D970-208

I would ask for diablo red :) but if it had to be a standard colour would be black or miami blue

Daviewonder

I keep changing my mind on this. I think I'd just like one of each :D

• Like 1

iPlod999

Black nice when clean and shiny but hard work to keep clean and 'loose' those swirl marks!

What are these things you call swirl marks? ;)

You can't beat a well looked after black.

DSC_0010-001.jpg

• Like 1

lfallgti

A well polished black phase 2 looks awesome IMO, the ph2 rear lights just suit the colour better than the ph1's.

Blueeyes

Totally agree IfallGti.

GWtaylor

I like gunmetal grey but own a miami blue :(

205turbo

Topaz :)

Jolly Green Monster

Voted black but miami blue is also v nice, in fact I am not sure they did a colour that didnt look good.

Pompeysteve

Love my Miami one .... it is also the easiest colour to care for in my opinion. It looks great when clean but still quite passable when not so!. Having said that, if you are going the concourse route and are prepared ot put the hours in then Black or White look stunning when they are A1 and everyone will know how hard you have had to work on it!!

14PUG

"Ok picture this. It's the 80s/90s you have just strolled into the local Peugeot dealer to place an order on a brand spanking new 205 GTI. What colour would you go for?"

Ok - so I am actually old enough, and lucky enough to have done just that! :D I chose Graphite Grey (G222 NAU - Is it still alive?). There were a few Cherry Red and White cars around at that time but a metallic Graphite Grey was a fairly new colour on the scene. I took out a massive 3 year car loan at the time and absolutely loved the car - hence I've gone back to owning them again as a hobby.

14PUG

The thing is the fashions changed over time. White & Cherry was 86, Black 87, Topaz/Haze was 88. Miami was very 1990. Lazer 1991. Yellow was also popular from 93. Silver was quite an illusive colour for a 205 but one of the best in my opinion, partially due to its rarity. It came back in in a big way after the 205 had stopped being produced.

The colour choice related to how fashionable you wanted to be really, a bit like all those people who dared to buy white cars about 4 years ago when some manufacturers had stopped offering it as an option on some models (like the BMW Z3).

I bought my CTI because of the colour. I love Atlantic

Ok picture this. It's the 80s/90s you have just strolled into the local Peugeot dealer to place an order on a brand spanking new 205 GTI. What colour would you go for?

Cherry Red

Graphite Grey

Alpine White

Black

Miami Blue

Sorrento Green

Topaz Blue

Laser Green

Steel Grey

Silver

I was just wondering as all the 205's I own were bought because they were local and not through colour choice.

I'll be interested to see the results smile.gif

Good points Henry.

Whilst its interesting to read peoples preference not only for colour but also which Phase of car, the original question posed was.. It's the 80s/90s you have just strolled into the local Peugeot dealer to place an order on a brand spanking new 205 GTI. As I'm old enough to have done just that.. depending on when you bought, and if you did buy your car brand new, you didn't get a choice of which Phase car it was. I bought a G Reg Graphite Grey in 1990 so it would probably be a Phase 1.5? . It had the red check cloth trim and I ordered electric windows, mud flaps and carpets which were optional extras. I chose the colour because it was a little more subtle than the reds and whites which were at that time more common. Super little car, hence a few years ago I bought one with exactly the same spec -and yes, the same colour! :)

iPlod999

Yes it lives!

Skip to contentServices provided by DVLA:

Vehicle enquiry

The enquiry is complete.The vehicle details for G222 NAU are:

Date of Liability01 03 2014

Date of First Registration01 08 1989

Year of Manufacture1989

Cylinder Capacity (cc)1580cc

CO₂ EmissionsNot Available

Fuel TypePETROL

Export MarkerN

Vehicle Status

SORN Not Due

Vehicle ColourGREY

Vehicle Type Approval

Not Available

Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate£123.75

12 Months Rate£225.00

Please be aware that if the vehicle has recently been relicensed or a SORN declared, these details may not yet be updated on the vehicle record.If you think that the details on the vehicle record are incorrect please write to:VCSDVLASwanseaSA99 1BAPlease include the incorrect V5C Registration Certificate for amendment.To make another enquiry go to Vehicle EnquirySite Last Updated: 06/09/2013

14PUG

How fantastic. Are you on here G222 NAU?