• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

[project] The Ultimate Track 205

Cameron

Yeah I gave that one to Kieran.

• Like 1

Cameron

Yesterday I chopped out the transmission tunnel and re-made it 50mm narrower, so now the seat fits. Which is nice. :D

DSC03165_zps518bcb47.jpg

DSC03166_zpsb4a2119e.jpg

DSC03170_zps8fc17f8a.jpg

DSC03171_zps4f174341.jpg

(I won't be using that gearbox, so don't worry about the clearance.)

alexcrosse

good job someone moved that mini out the way so you have space to take pictures.

• Like 1

HERMAN

Loving reading this Cameron. Great work.

Where do you buy your cage tube from? I am looking for about 6m of 1 1/2" (38mm) CDS but I can not find a supplier local to me that stocks it.

My mate is going to do the fabricating work for me. (Another bloody smart arse with a TIG welder ;) ) All we are doing is making the rear part of the cage removable. (like the safety devices one in the how to guide) and we are going to make the rear section a full X with harness bars.

Did I read earlier in your thread that you have created a template on cad that you can print off and wrap around the tube to give you the correct profile for creating a joint? Would you be willing to let me have a copy of this template so that we can do a neat job of joining the extra tubes. I have seen the jointing tools but is a bit expensive for a few joints. Thats assuming that it will work on the 1 1/2" tube.

Thanks

Neil

Rippthrough

It depends on the angle you're joining them at...

Cameron

Yeah my profiles will work for my space-frame, but nothing else!

I bought my tube from Hub le Bas, they have depots up and down the country and are by far the cheapest and most reliable source.

HERMAN

Cool cheeers to the tip.

Thanks

Neil

Cameron

Hurrah! After a couple of weeks of pissing around I've gone back out and done some more work. I'm very, very pleased to say that the basic spaceframe is DONE and ready for welding. :D

I popped the front end on just to see how everything fits - it looks gooooooooooooood.

DSC03199_zpse083c390.jpg

DSC03201_zps688f8759.jpg

DSC03202_zps89e828cd.jpg

DSC03203_zpsde1df15e.jpg

DSC03205_zpsf13a4369.jpg

DSC03207_zps788a83d3.jpg

I just need to get some more gas for the TIG, and a water cooler, then it'll be GO TIME!

Edited by Cameron
  • Like 2

allanallen

I love the big arch styling of berg cup cars but I'm afraid this needs to be left looking like a base model! ;)

• Like 4

Alan_M

I love the big arch styling of berg cup cars but I'm afraid this needs to be left looking like a base model! ;)

Complete with steels and a Mardi Gras badge on the boot :D

Lowercase

basemodel ftw.

Batfink

It would have to run seriously stumpy wishbones and hubs. But saying that the btcc cars run tiny wishbones. Got a good look at their setups at triple eight last week

Cameron

Haha unfortunately my wheels will not fit in the base model arches! Have a look at the pen mark on the 1/4 panels to see where the tops of the tyres will come to! :lol:

kee

Haha unfortunately my wheels will not fit in the base model arches! Have a look at the pen mark on the 1/4 panels to see where the tops of the tyres will come to! :lol:

no excuse :D

4950738539_8db5de279a.jpg

Lan

Complete with steels and a Mardi Gras badge on the boot :D

I'd go as far as hearing aid beige and automatic badge!

Cameron

:lol:

Loving the suggestions, but it's designed for a 1.5m track and 9" wheels at the rear; arch extensions are definitely needed! :P

• Like 1

johniban

widen the body in the middle ;) look standard but a bit wider sort of.

johniban

Loving reading this Cameron. Great work.

Where do you buy your cage tube from? I am looking for about 6m of 1 1/2" (38mm) CDS but I can not find a supplier local to me that stocks it.

My mate is going to do the fabricating work for me. (Another bloody smart arse with a TIG welder ;) ) All we are doing is making the rear part of the cage removable. (like the safety devices one in the how to guide) and we are going to make the rear section a full X with harness bars.

Did I read earlier in your thread that you have created a template on cad that you can print off and wrap around the tube to give you the correct profile for creating a joint? Would you be willing to let me have a copy of this template so that we can do a neat job of joining the extra tubes. I have seen the jointing tools but is a bit expensive for a few joints. Thats assuming that it will work on the 1 1/2" tube.

Thanks

Neil

i use this.. seems to work well for me

http://www.metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi

• Like 2

brumster

<drools>

I was close to the Sadev a month back, but new car for the missus beckons :(

I think there's a "Love is..." quote there somewhere.

Edited by brumster

2052NV

33kg holy cow!

welshpug

33kg holy cow!

that's lighter than a BE3 box.

Batfink

Well add the rear diff and you've got a better comparison...

welshpug

indeed, probably weighs 50 :lol: