• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

[project] The Ultimate Track 205

Cameron

Really? Anyone else having problems? They work for me.

welshpug

fine here too :)

TT205

Piccs not working for me :(

On further inspection - your recent pics don't show up if I use Opera (which I always do and it's never been a problem before)

Pics are fine using Chrome - wierd :wacko:

Willem_Jacobs

Forum sofware was updated yesterday, maybe let them know it's not fully working using some browsers?

TT205

Forum sofware was updated yesterday, maybe let them know it's not fully working using some browsers?

It is working today using Opera so maybe was a forum glitch

Cameron

In other news, I'm hoping this Friday will be the day I order my dampers. :D

EdCherry

Bugger, might have to take Friday off... Assume your still coming to the gold side?

brumster

If you're ordering in person you should give me a shout, we could have a little meet-up :)

Cameron

Yeah still going with Penske Ed! :D

Dan - Probably won't order in person but I will probably collect, I'll let you know when I know. :)

brumster

Been trying to drag Ed to rally club, so we can maybe all grab a pint somewhere ;)

EdCherry

I will make it one day Dan! Just had a f***ed up Jan thanks to my 206 disappearing in a cloud of smoke, been trying to figure out how to make ends meet and still meet personal targets since haha!

Glad your still set to become the owner of dampers from the best competition damper manufacturer in the world, you join a very exclusive club of which you are to my knowledge only the 2nd member to have them on a 205 (ish).

Edited by EdCherry

Cameron

Yeah we had Penske dampers on our FS car and they were like butter. :D

Frankly, if I'm putting all of this effort into the chassis and suspension design, I want to fit the best dampers I can.

• Like 1

Cameron

:D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!

Amazing! He put that up quickly! A friend of mine suggested I put it up there for a bit more publicity, I only emailed him the other day!

clen666

It's a good little write up. Saw the pic flash up on my news feed and thought I recognised it!

Cameron

Yeah he asked me to send him an update when it's on it's wheels as a rolling chassis, so I guess I need to pull my finger out! :lol:

• Like 1

Cameron

Ok so, talking of pulling my finger out.. I haven't really got much to show for this weekend. :lol:

I didn't go down to the workshop much this weekend, just for a few hours today as I needed to suss out my seating position properly. I was a bit worried that I may have to narrow the transmission tunnel a little bit to squeeze the seat in and it definitely seems like it will have to be the case; the door bars just slightly interfere with the widest part of the shoulder supports, so I will need to narrow the tunnel a little bit and move the seat over about 10mm or so.

I made these little temporary brackets to fit the sea in place - the permanent ones will be similar, but laser cut from 4mm sheet and folded properly, rather than with a hammer. :lol:

DSC03090_zpsed53a535.jpg

I squeezed the seat in, and as I feared the tunnel is just a little bit too wide. Still, I tacked the mounts in so I could have a sit down. :D

DSC03092_zps29609bbe.jpg

DSC03097_zpsb03003ee.jpg

The seat is just a little too far forwards too, as the head support touches the roll bar due to it being a bit too far to the outside.

DSC03099_zpsf9f79ef5.jpg

Temp mounts are tacked in for the time being.

DSC03102_zps426c0557.jpg

DSC03105_zpsade018d5.jpg

So a little re-design and a fettle is in order, so that I can get the seat in between the tunnel and door bars. Hopefully it won't take too much as space is tight enough around the gearbox and I need to somehow get an exhaust through there too.

allye

That seat is sex! Looks really comfy!

Cameron

It is! It's just a shame is so bloody big. :lol:

Batfink

get a slimmer seat. An easier job.

Juttie205

Where is the passenger seat ?? im sure there will be a long line of people wanting a ride in this great project.

Cameron

I'm going to struggle to find a slimmer one tbh Kev, this isn't exactly all that wide (certainly no wider than my OMP Grip seats that were a tight fit even with tunel mods) so I think it's just a case of having to slim down the tunnel a bit! I've ordered a T9 - Duratec bellhousing so I can get the gearbox in and make sure there's space.

Juttie - I will put a mount in on the Passenger side, but at £1k a pop the seats aren't cheap! It will be something I do once the build is done and the car is shaken down ready to race.

shalmaneser

Side exit exhaust?

Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it

Cameron

Hahaha it would have to come out in front / behind the front wheels if it doesn't fit down the tunnel, but I'd rather not do that unless I really have to.

Once I have the bellhousing and fit the gearbox I'll know for sure. :)

alexcrosse

you need it at the back to blow the diffuser *tuts* obviously... :ph34r: