• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
foreigner

Guys Get Ready For The Police State.

C_W

Whilst the SORN is annoying they essentially want a system to account for ALL registered cars in the UK somehow, whether they're on the road or not (insured or SORN'd). Before the SORN, if a car wasn't insured it was assumed it wasn't being used but of course that's not the case as many people drive round without insurance and therefore a high chance of having no tax either (and probably MOT...). It only gets annoying for those of us with multiple cars, some of which are not on the road etc. However I never had a problem SORNin'g my 205, you get a reminder each year and you just reSORN it each year. If you want to re-tax it you insure the car (they accept printed docs), print a tax form off the website and get a tax disc the same day from the post office.

With the car insurance thing, I thought the "loophole" of driving other vehicles on your own insurance was closed ages ago, since then I've always thought the vehicle had to have it's own insurance. This makes sense to me. As Joe Bloggs could be driving his mate's EVO for the cost of his Vauxhall Corsa insurance. The exception to this is under trade use. I also tend to find that those people caught up in this are generally a bit dodgey anyway :rolleyes:

Also look at the amount of companies now offering 24hr and very short term insurance, for stuff like "test drives" or borrowing a friend's car etc, surely backs up the theory that the vehicle or you have to have insurance for that specific vehicle.

Cameron
As much as I think the OP came across in irrational manner I really can't see where you've picked up the racial undertones ?

I thought he implied you were a closed mind, unwilling to question the establishment and live your life as a sheep. It was a big assumption on his part based on opinion and not fact, what am I missing ? :rolleyes:

It was this bit that irritated me..

I am just trying to openm your eyes mate , but you can keep yours shut as you are what we call sheep (just following without thinking because your people been doing that for thousand of year).

C_W

"Your people" :rolleyes:

With that in mind I'm interested in hearing who "my people" are :lol:

steve@cornwall
ex08_01-02.jpg

Francophobe !

mfield
"Your people" :rolleyes:

With that in mind I'm interested in hearing who "my people" are :lol:

Maybe I'm confused on the context but isn't he implying that "your people" are "the sheep" not some racial demographic ? Normally it's the term sheeple that is used;

Sheeple is a term of disparagement, a portmanteau created by combining the words "sheep" and "people"; a reference to herd mentality. It is often used to denote persons who acquiesce to authority, and thus undermine their own human individuality. The implication of sheeple is that as a collective, people believe whatever they are told, without processing it to be sure that it is an accurate representation of the real world around them. The term is generally used in a political or religious sense.

There is a famous poem that accompanies the line of thought;

Oh yes, I am a sheeple, and oh so proud to be.

I am way too smart to believe in a conspiracy

Cameron

You're giving him excuses. :rolleyes:

If he really meant that then I doubt he would have avoided the issue when posting his "closing remarks". I'm sure most people when accused of something like that (if they were innocent anyway) would have immediately explained what they meant.

mfield

I'm not wanting to make excuses for him, just think you've got the wrong end of the stick and shook it way to hard.

He didn't really avoid anything and asked for this thread to be closed after it had got out of control, he also said "no harm meant", by that I took it to mean that he got carried away with calling people "sheep" and meant no offence by it, because obviously some offence was taken.

Funny thing was he came across as someone unwilling to listen to anything that questioned his belief, ironic ?

Edited by mfield

muddatrucker

I love people who think others are slaves to the system, or sheep and they're the holy one rising above it all - spotting all the conspiracies, setting to bring the system down to its knees.

I like to call them stoners.

pug_ham
10 pages of replies, my personal record.

The vast majority made by you, anyway like you said;

since I have started this this thread is officially closed.

Done.

Graham.