• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stu8v

[trackday_prep] Trackday Pug

stu8v

A long overdue update, been stuck for the last 9 weeks on the refinery shutdown so its been hard to get anything done.. :angry: :angry:

But got a few more panels painted and made a real good start on the wiring loom.

Also managed to get a start on the lexan windows and bag me a solid rear beam mount kit. I will be making a start on the rear beam soon as its too cold and damp to do bodywork now.

a few pics

:)

SDC15199.jpg

SDC15198.jpg

SDC15196.jpg

SDC15195.jpg

SDC15197.jpg

SDC15194.jpg

SDC15192-1.jpg

SDC15193.jpg

Still cant make up my mind whether to go type r power????? given the cost of throttle bodies/engine build parts there doesnt seem to be a great deal in it when you can buy a whacked one for £2k!!!!!!!

mochyndu

Looking good and lovin the colour too.........keep up the good work

stu8v

Looking good and lovin the colour too.........keep up the good work

Thanks

stu8v

Stripped the rear beam, Yup its fooked!!!

SDC15206.jpg

SDC15207.jpg

SDC15208.jpg

EdCherry

Loving the colour stu!

Nice to see the windows came out alright, how have you fastened them in. My initial idea went a bit tits up and hasn't really worked...

stu8v

Loving the colour stu!

Nice to see the windows came out alright, how have you fastened them in. My initial idea went a bit tits up and hasn't really worked...

There not fastened as yet, I have a few plans and ill post some pics when done.

Thanks again for the templates. :D

dav1

Does it not help if the cage goes to the rear beam mounting point?

rallyeash

nice one, looks smart in that colour, look forward to seeing it built up

Cameron

Where did that cage come from out of interest, seems like a very peculiar design!

brumster

Where did that cage come from out of interest, seems like a very peculiar design!

Must admit I was thinking the same thing, particularly around those upright tubes right behind the seats - can you get the seats back far enough without fear of seat meeting with metal?! Seems to be a lot of metal in the cage overall.

Baz

Love the colour! Seems that battleship grey is definitely 'in'!

Engine choice is that old chesnut... I constantly think about building a hybrid 205 being in a lucky position to probably do so fairly easily.

But, given that i'll likely want to compete in it and the MSA's seemingly un-understanding view of ingenuity and initiative of cars built from skill & passion rather thanjust bought with deep pockets these days , i've never done it. :rolleyes: But yes it is the seemingly logical way, whack in something which is epic stright out of the box, which may of course take a little longer initially and cost a little more in the long run, (always does!) but be all you want it to be!

...Unless you ever want to use it for MSA-sanctioned events where it's going to be in a silly class if any! So naturally a standard derivative suits...

So many depending factors i'd start to think about now that i didn't a few years ago. Re-sell value will be higher with the Honda heart until a tidy original-derived competition car will become a more sought after car that again will fit into classes. (historics in the future etc - very strict!) Especially if built well to fit within MSA regs... i guess that depends on how long you intend on keeping it. Both options will appeal to niche markets though. If you have no interest in using it to compete, of course it's not an issue! :)

Anyway, it's late & i'm babbling on now...

You have a belated email btw! :)

Edited by Baz

stu8v

Must admit I was thinking the same thing, particularly around those upright tubes right behind the seats - can you get the seats back far enough without fear of seat meeting with metal?! Seems to be a lot of metal in the cage overall.

Yeah seats will go in with no issues.

Call me vein, I bought this design because I thought it looks cool.......!

Yes its caused me a few issues but non that cant be sorted :)

stu8v

Love the colour! Seems that battleship grey is definitely 'in'!

Engine choice is that old chesnut... I constantly think about building a hybrid 205 being in a lucky position to probably do so fairly easily.

But, given that i'll likely want to compete in it and the MSA's seemingly un-understanding view of ingenuity and initiative of cars built from skill & passion rather thanjust bought with deep pockets these days , i've never done it. :rolleyes: But yes it is the seemingly logical way, whack in something which is epic stright out of the box, which may of course take a little longer initially and cost a little more in the long run, (always does!) but be all you want it to be!

...Unless you ever want to use it for MSA-sanctioned events where it's going to be in a silly class if any! So naturally a standard derivative suits...

So many depending factors i'd start to think about now that i didn't a few years ago. Re-sell value will be higher with the Honda heart until a tidy original-derived competition car will become a more sought after car that again will fit into classes. (historics in the future etc - very strict!) Especially if built well to fit within MSA regs... i guess that depends on how long you intend on keeping it. Both options will appeal to niche markets though. If you have no interest in using it to compete, of course it's not an issue! :)

Anyway, it's late & i'm babbling on now...

You have a belated email btw! :)

Yeah just weighing things up ATM.

The plan is to build it to a spec so it can be used in MSA events should I ever have the spare cash, so in that respect everything is good.

Just the big costly decisions to make now...?

stu8v

Well partial success tonight :)

Stripped a second beam, and just found one knackered shaft so not all bad

:)

ash mi16

nice colour dude :) looks really nice :)

Tim 892

Choices choices as always there are so many to make when doing this kind of thing!! What is your plan for the dash?

allye

I'm rather sitting on the fence at the moment about the colour, although I do remember Mark Evan's mg was a similar colour and looked great. I think it'll look good once all together though, are you going for original red inserts?

stu8v

Choices choices as always there are so many to make when doing this kind of thing!! What is your plan for the dash?

Only using the top half to neaten things up somewhat and it will be flocked.

stu8v

I'm rather sitting on the fence at the moment about the colour, although I do remember Mark Evan's mg was a similar colour and looked great. I think it'll look good once all together though, are you going for original red inserts?

LOL the colour has divided opinions. It does look better in the flesh I promise.....

Yup original red inserts.

stu8v

Well bought a donor.....

1 owner, FSH and 75k miles on the clock.

TBH its really to good to break. LOL

Doubt anything much will happen now until Jan, bit gutted really as I've just been too busy at work and it barely been touched since Sept..!

But at least its some progress :-)

2011-12-11100630.jpg

2011-12-11100614.jpg

2011-12-11100622.jpg

2011-12-11100639.jpg

2011-12-11100655.jpg

2011-12-11100808.jpg

stu8v

Well, hopefully be some worthwhile updates soon.

Work is now pretty much back to normal and for the most part the Xsara is stripped and nigh on sold off.

First job will be to finish the rear beam. Hopefully the torsion bar deal will come through soon.

I have been collecting some parts though.

Today some nice Throttle bodies turned up courtesy of Matt180......

stu8v

Rear beam shafts, seals and bearings ordered, hopefully everything I need??? We will see

5176 17 Arm shaft x2

5172 24 Bearing bush x2

5131 45 Socket, is the bearing, as is 5132 49 (inner + outer) x2 of each

5154 09 Cup x2

5154 08 Suspension Arm Seal x2

5154 10 is the metal sleeve that the seal is pressed into x2

5154 05 Plug x2

Thats the best part of £220 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

stu8v

Been getting the urge to sell up recently, would really like a Talbot Sunbeam.

Must stop having these thoughts and crack on.......