• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
All Praise The GTI

306 Hdi Non Starting...

All Praise The GTI

after being plugged into a proper machine it turns out the immobilers fault has locked it all down as its not finding the ecu :)

either the wiring has shorted or a power spike has killed the ecu, bsi unit or something.

so i need an ecu,bsi unit and the keys to the car so i can eliminte them.... bloody cars B)

alync406

I did'nt think the 306's had a BSi? I thought it was only the newer cars that had them eg.406 from 02' on, 307 etc.

ablister

you need to take this to peugeot, they'll be able to check software through the internet and possibly re-configure it. Is the key still programmed in? May have lost it's 'pairing' with the ecu? Again needs checked on the peugeot software

All Praise The GTI

not sure on the bsi. its been checked on the peugeot planet software and it cant find the ecu

Rob Turbo

What ecu does the hdi use? I may be able to remove the immobiliser from the ecu.

All Praise The GTI

its a bosch cant remember the code tho. problem is the peugeot planet software isnt locating the ecu in the first place :lol:

All Praise The GTI

well shes finally fixed and back home again.

immobiliser unit died afaik. replaced along with ecu and key chip and all is well :mellow:

many thanks to Carl Chambers, top bloke who really knows his stuff,has the right equipment and is very reasonably priced :angry:

Edited by All Praise The GTI

Atari Boy

Well done Nat, sounds as though it was a real bitch to locate the problem.

james306

Glad to hear you have her running again! Also another thing to tick off the possible faults that killed Kermit! I still wish I knew what it was ^_^

All Praise The GTI

well the bits that fixed mine were a bargain of fleabay so yours could of been the same problem mate,does sound like the same symtoms although you said your pump was faulty too?? not sure if i can swap them on mine and try them for you? although not sure i want to risk messing with mine now its working again lol

james306

Bit late now as all I have left is a pile of engine bits!