• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JRL

Rarities

Phil H

I have a limited edition K reg Sorrento, with green checked seats and a green carpet.

hang on, what do you mean they aren't rare limited editions...

and I actually don't have one either.

Bonzai

Ive got a copy of the Jean Todt book on 'The Story of the Challenge' dont know how rare it is though

2-Pugs
Please tell me that has been saved, why do people let cars get that way.

Some people have all the luck. :unsure:

No, it's still sat there, waiting for a knight in shining armour (or should that be spanner monkey in oily overalls) to come along and save it.

Unbelieveable really, it's been there years and will probably stay there a few more yet. There's a load of other cars in similiar state around it.

BERTMAN

crazy, reminds me of that cover autocar did on some crazy french guy that had loads of the most rare and expensive classic cars and bikes in the world rotting in his massive back yard. He even chopped a lamborghini miura in half to let a tree grow...

Edited by BERTMAN

Daviewonder

Reminds me of the bottom of a bird cage :lol:

lfallgti
No, it's still sat there, waiting for a knight in shining armour (or should that be spanner monkey in oily overalls) to come along and save it.

Unbelieveable really, it's been there years and will probably stay there a few more yet. There's a load of other cars in similiar state around it.

I take it there are plans for it then? If not, where is it :lol:

unariciflocos

I have one of these: "From 1990 to 1992 Peugeot also built a 1.9-litre version of the 205 Rallye. Only about 1000 of them were produced and they were only sold in Germany, because the 1.3 version did not meet German road regulations. The 1.9 Rallye is just a 105 bhp (78 kW) 1.9 GTI with the Rallye bodyshell and the new-style clear indicators and rear light units."

But as always with Wikipedia articles it's loaded with crap. The engine is 75 kW, 102 bhp and it is based on a 1.6 GTI with the old style rear lights and orange indicators. I know I have a genuine 1.9 Rallye because I have the original users manual, service book and full history.

It had been stood for 3 years before I bought it with a knackered engine and it's now an Mi16 hillclimb car and this is what it looks like now:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_2XUsKpE79P8/TNEYTrgd.../C1610-0100.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_2XUsKpE79P8/TNEYVuze.../C1610-0517.JPG

Edited by unariciflocos

Ryan
crazy, reminds me of that cover autocar did on some crazy french guy that had loads of the most rare and expensive classic cars and bikes in the world rotting in his massive back yard. He even chopped a lamborghini miura in half to let a tree grow...

You see it in the US a lot too - weird old men with a dozen classic muscle cars rotting away in their back garden, with the paint faded almost white after sitting out in the 100 degree sun for 30 or 40 years. Usually they've bought them in the 70s/80s when they were worthless with the idea of maybe fixing them up "one day", but never got time to do anything to them, and refuse to sell them to someone who does want to save them because they see mint examples fetching $100k and think their pile of rust will be worth the same if only they ever get the time to give it a quick polish.

Edited by Ryan

j_turnell

I have a set of the green check ph2.5 door cards, heated mirrors and some gutmann/exip 15x7j wheels :lol:

christopher

One 205 Euro Rallye 1998

Two 405 T16's

Pair of brand new Peugeot Weber DCOM's as fitted to 205 Rallye

A Guy Croft 205 Rallye racing 205 rallye Cylinder head

christopher
Finally maybe one older than mine. I had one that was made five months before official release in dec 86

The only rare items I have are the 13" PTS alloys

You got any pics of these Batfink? I bet they might look nice on a Rallye:-)

Arahan
18052009065-pts13s.jpg

christopher
18052009065-pts13s.jpg

Ok a bit like peperpots.

Are these magnesium? They look really wide. 7J?? Do they fit on standard 205's?

davev

hmm. ive got some old 205 tech manuals that i saved from being thrown in the skip at a dealers (that i really need to read and sort). also got an offical accessories leaflet from the parts dude.

did you know the 205 had the option of morret style headlights?

205wrc

I have a pair of seats that could possibly have come out of one of the 205 T16 works rally cars. They are Sparco, early PRO 2000 design, made from Carbon Kevlar with "Timo" embroidered on one, and "Salonen" on the other :P

jonnygoodhand
You got any pics of these Batfink? I bet they might look nice on a Rallye:-)

They suit the Rallye rather well...

13pts.jpg

jason7579

Boredom + Too much time on my hands + a can of cherry red spray + a spare xbox that is now out of its warranty period =

A one off super rare 205 gti edition xbox 360.

100_2304.jpg

Realised it may not suit the living room after I sprayed it, and also found out that my spraying skills could do with lots more practice. I will tidy it up eventually take off the overspray and tidy up where the paint managed to seep under the stickers I used as a template.

Kroged

1 set of 405 t16 rims

1 set of gutmann x-spoked rims

1 set of 206 gti180 rims

gutmann roofspoiler

autobonnet (impossible to find over here)

speedometer from a 309 gti16

NOsMAN

Is this rare, A brand new momo steering wheel with a special rallye 205 centre cap which celebrate the world rallye win( in 1985 i think.) Not looked at it in a while so not sure on exact year. :lol:

Batfink
Ok a bit like peperpots.

Are these magnesium? They look really wide. 7J?? Do they fit on standard 205's?

Not sure what they are made of but I doubt they are magnesium. They are light though. They do not fit onto 1.6 hubs without spacers as the offset is different. will be going on my 1.9 though. They are 7J so nice and wide :lol:

Edited by Batfink

Rich_p

Did they make them in 14's too? I saw a picture of the Burns 309 wearing a set & they definately looked bigger than 13's but not as big as 15's.

Henry Yorke
Not sure what they are made of but I doubt they are magnesium. They are light though. They do not fit onto 1.6 hubs without spacers as the offset is different. will be going on my 1.9 though. They are 7J so nice and wide :D

Sure you have that the right way round as 1.6 hubs are a wider offset than 1.9...

Did you ever figure out out what the biggest brakes you can fit under them are?

I would like a set of these though :lol:

205Rallee

They aren't Magnesium and they have fitted my 1.6 gti hubs without spacers since 1994 with no problems.

post-8266-1290961721_thumb.jpg

Batfink

well when I quickly put them on my 1.6 gti there was only about 3-4mm at a guess between the wheel and strut. Maybe I have 1.9 hubs and driveshafts mmmmm

Must have a proper look...

eddie bullit

Is this available to buy?