• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JRL

Rarities

JRL

I think everyone has seen and is talking about headlight covers going for silly money what other things out there should we be keeping our eye out for? Or maybe things that might not be now but will become very sought after.

I have a Peugeot 205 boot tray with a big lion in the middle I dont see many of these, it fits in neatly around the rear washer bottle.

swordfish210

I have a 205 XT, i'm pretty sure i'm the only guy on here who has one :(

Tesstuff

You want people to list what they have hidden away in anticipation of future riches ? :D

Not a cat in hells chance of me admitting i have three mint 205 1Fm's all with under 14,000 miles in storage :(

Tom Fenton

I don't know about rarities. But JRL your signature is ridiculous and takes up a whole screen. We don't need to see all that every single time you post. If you want to tell people about your car start a thread on it.

swordfish210
Im not familiar with an xt how does it differ from an xs?

Only came in Ph2 spec, slightly less power from standard but thats about it. Its a bit different from standard now though :(

lfallgti

I found an old black 205 in a barn the other day, it had wierd fm badging and plaques on it. paid 200 quid for it. Not sure if thats rare or not. :(

Joke BTW

Agree with the post about the sig. 106 wiper motor, Awesome.

but then you changed it before my post. fair do's

Edited by lfallgti

JRL
I don't know about rarities. But JRL your signature is ridiculous and takes up a whole screen. We don't need to see all that every single time you post. If you want to tell people about your car start a thread on it.

haha Iv never had a signature I wandered what it did. now I know.

Tom Fenton

Not being funny but it is still too large, over 1/2 a page. Like I said, if you want to tell us all about your car then start yourself a thread. We could all write a list of s*it done to our cars, mine would probably be longer than most, but all it does is clutter up threads and make them hard to read.

Tom Fenton

I think a mod had beaten you to it! Look at what other people have- half a dozen lines is fine- half a page is not fine.

muddatrucker

A biege interior.

TT205

I've got a phase1 1.9 gti does that count?

I've got a set of turbo technics machined pistons and an exhaust fanimold (TT) just for that rainy day when I might fancy an 8v turbo conversion again

Got some 309 head light protectors :(

happygoron

I'm sure I read somewhere that somebody had a working coin tray. Don't belive it though.

JRL

clarion radio, fisher cubby hole casette holder, reflective panel?

Gutman, turbo technics, skip brown, dimma anything with that brand will be worth holding on to.

jackherer

I have a set of Peugeot driving light protectors, they seem to go for silly money on ebay already.

JRL

Does anyone know about the boot tray apparently it was an optional extra with the gti but very few bothered to buy it. I had an old stock tray in a 306.

jonnygoodhand

I have a PTS Tie Pin.

Only time I've worn a tie in the last 10 years is to funerals though and perhaps not appropriate.

It's also a bit gay.

JRL
I have a PTS Tie Pin.

Only time I've worn a tie in the last 10 years is to funerals though and perhaps not appropriate.

It's also a bit gay.

haha to a funeral! did the early 205gticlub sell them?

steve@cornwall
Does anyone know about the boot tray apparently it was an optional extra with the gti but very few bothered to buy it. I had an old stock tray in a 306.

I've got one -literally £1 from the scrappy a couple of years ago a\nd damned useful if carrying engines / gearboxes

JRL
I've got one -literally £1 from the scrappy a couple of years ago a\nd damned useful if carrying engines / gearboxes

thats where I found mine people ages ago people were using it to step over the oil on the floor. But you cant use it to put engines on it! its a collectable optional extra

large

I recently broke a yellow gti :( . Never seen one before

JRL
I recently broke a yellow gti :( . Never seen one before

it wasnt the mcdonalds one by any chance? : )