• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Alfa 166 V6

happygoron
I will see if I can knock a bit off the asking price, but I'm kind of in the weaker position really. They know I'm keen, they know there's not many around, they know I'm serious enough to come all the way from Edinburgh, and I can't haggle face to face with cash in hand unless I go all the way back, which could be an expensive waste of time. And if I do turn up with cash and try to haggle they'll know I'm unlikely to just walk away (a very long walk :rolleyes: ) if they are not interested in coming down on the price.

Pity you didn't have the cash. Them knowing you are keen isn't an issue, there's 2 more down the road, even if they arn't as good they don't know that!

maturin23

Excellent work.

You've done better then me - I have never driven ANY other similar cars for comparison and always bought the first I went to see (or in the Pug's case bought unseen over eBAy). I'd never driven a 205 or Caterham or an Impreza or a Focus or an E30 325i or the rest of mr car history. As time has proven each purchase to be a good one I've been very lucky every time I guess.

Offer them a bag of sand for the third car - play it cool and you might well be surprised.

steve@cornwall
Date: Fri 22nd Oct 10, 17:39

he would mention he had strong interest from someone who had travelled all the way from Edinburgh to see it,

Then spin him out completely..... "you mean Steve? he prefered auto so bought the other one.......shame really 'cos I liked that one better, too"

Edited by steve@cornwall

GLPoomobile
Yes i thought that Liquid.

Thought i could pop down to car number 3, have a chat with him and stress that the 166 v6 are not really wanted by many, what with the economy and the high fuel consumption offered by the car, and i am offering hard cash, all £1100 of it, he would mention he had strong interest from someone who had travelled all the way from Edinburgh to see it, i would inform him that i know of him, he was a well known forum eccentric and he was likely to pile it up on an island within a fortnight and it would be such a shame to see that happen.

Promising him i am a true Alfa enthusiast should seal the deal.

Then i sell it on to GLP for £1200 :lol:

c*nt B)

I'm not over analysing, I'm just weighing up the pros and cons. Trying to be a bit sensible for a change, so that you don't all have to suffer one of my rant topics in 2 months time when it all goes wrong :rolleyes:

boombang
I'm not over analysing, I'm just weighing up the pros and cons. Trying to be a bit sensible for a change, so that you don't all have to suffer one of my rant topics in 2 months time when it all goes wrong :lol:

Think everyone is pushing you to go for it just for the immense pleasure of that thread :rolleyes:

I'd say got for it too (not for above reason mind!). I spend over a year toying with idea of a VX220, by the time I bought it, I didn't really have the time to use it properly. Still the itch was scratched, and I know what to expect if decide to buy another or something similar in the future.

I've got a slight Alfa urge, it'd also have to be a V6 and I genuinely wouldn't give a f*** about fuel consumption.

blue_haddock
I've got a slight Alfa urge, it'd also have to be a V6 and I genuinely wouldn't give a f*** about fuel consumption.

Alfasud FTW boobster!

GLPoomobile

My grandad had a Sud. Unfortunately it had rusted to nothing before I was old enough to even remember it :rolleyes:

Tom Fenton

Alfa and Poo, in a tree, k.i.s.s.i.n.g.........................

GLPoomobile

Does that mean I'll have to change my forum name to PooFa? :rolleyes:

Edited by GLPoomobile

Alastairh

Go for it!

I must admit, I got offered a 166 the other day and i wasn't that interested. I can have a word if you like? I believe it was the v6 aswell.

Al

DaveW

Sooooo whats next on the list then? seeing as your not too keen on the 166?

saveloy

Many many many many many moons ago I drove a 146 V6 Cloverleaf into the west end of London. I was delivering it to a MD.

I hated the aesthetics when I first saw it, but with time I really liked its look.

The thing drove so well, it made my dad'd BMW 535i feel like a barge. I bloody loved it. If saloons were like this, then 4 doors were fine by me!

I got to the junction of Baker St and Marylebone Rd - I broke down. Alfas are poo!

blue_haddock

bleedin hell kyri - which rock did you crawl out from under!

saveloy

I found some beer last night matey. I drank it and decided to visit my past life.

Aaaaaah, it remains as I left it!

P.S: that wee pebble over there.