• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Henry Yorke

If You Replaced Your Seat Covers, What Colour Inserts Would You Want?

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dch1950
Voted green as I have a sorrento. I do like the idea of black half leather with black quintet if it was possible.

Hi,

With the materials in my current inventory I was thinking, black hide bolsters with a Black Alcantara insert with red embroidered "GTI" logo in the backrest insert panel?

I must admit I like the sound of that myself

Dave

• Like 1

Obey_R

Still think I prefer all Alacantara with the GTI logo :rolleyes:

dch1950

Thanx for your input on this poll. I never could work out why I couldn't start my own poll - never mind as it's all a bit of an intellectual exercise as I can't find a manufacturer who is either a) prepared to make small batch runs of fabric of the required quality or B) can't do it at all :). 8 months of wasted effort. Ah well. - Farewell Quintet

regards

Dave

cRaig

Thanks a shame. Still, back to stockpiling old seats to get the green material out of lol!

dch1950

Thanks a shame. Still, back to stockpiling old seats to get the green material out of lol!

I looked at that as possibility myself, but you have to buy 6 to get one good one. It's not cost effective. The inserts are enevitably in very poor condition and the only mix and match that can be done is to use the rear seat squab insert as a replacement for the front seat squab. Does mean taking it to pieces and resewing the listings and the velcro in different positions as well. You are still left with trying to get a half decent seat insert - and that it is pretty nigh on impossible these days. Peugeot certainly picked a winner there :wacko:

I do like the ASCI fabric I've just bought in to evaluate, but at €49 a metre it is not really an option for bolster repair kits so I shall use it solely for the "Rallye" repro style seat covers (with flamme logo).

Your best combination would be my leather bolster upgrade kit with your own inserts, but they would have to be in great condition or else you run the risk of the seams parting - and then you'd be on my case pretty rapid - n'est-ce-pas!

regards

Dave

damien

it would depend on the colour of the car but for me half leathers like the gti6 or retrim my full leathers with the red stiching

8511748.JPG

MerlinGTI

I wish I could get hold of a brand new set of these :lol:

b6vknvq2kkgrhqrlkeyjcyl.jpg

I would settle for just the fabric! Could get a mint re-trim done then. As good as new :)

dch1950

I would settle for just the fabric! Could get a mint re-trim done then. As good as new :)

Unfortunately it won't happen. I have spent time and money trying to replicate the "Quartet" fabric, this candy stripe is not techinically challenging (from a textile point of view) but nobody's interested in what they regard as small batch runs(i.e less than 1000 metres) so I I'm sorry lads - you'll just have to dream on.

Dave

PS - nobody's more pissed off about short sightedness than me

D

Ludi

Red. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Or Phase 1. :D :D :D;)

Edited by Ludi

Rjuhar

I just voted for Ph1 too.