• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Henry Yorke

If You Replaced Your Seat Covers, What Colour Inserts Would You Want?

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Henry Yorke

Please vote above

Baz

Blue!!

dch1950
Blue!!

I do feel for you Baz - tell me though, from what I saw of the photo that Henry (Yorke) sent me blue was not a 205 option (the picture he sent me was of a 309 interior and the seat design , and hence the patterns required would be different). Is that correct?

At the moment my replacement fabric "Red Quintet" is my only actual stock fabric. My supplier is currently attempting to reproduce a green variant for me. As with all these things though the cost is foremost in my mind as this stuff isn't cheap and I don't dont have infinite resources to fund this.

Who knows what the future may bring though - particularly if my main products sell well.

best regards

Dave

omega

i think it would depened on the colour of your car but red has got to be the most popular as it looks good in red,white,blue and black cars.

but if your car is green.......

dch1950
i think it would depened on the colour of your car but red has got to be the most popular as it looks good in red,white,blue and black cars.

but if your car is green.......

Hi,

I realise that this isn't going to be a coverall solution (pardon the pun) but because I haven't been able to get any information from Peugeot at all about either manufacturers of the Quartet fabric or any stats relating to how many of each trim sets were sold (grist to the mill at the time) I have to resort to rather simplistic marketing polls.

The purpose behind this to see if I can actually find a viable market for the green version of my fabric - "Quintet"

( one better than quartet - geddit!)

As I've said many times before in my main thread on Bolster fabric (now closed) I can't afford to get stuck with a 1000 metres of expensive dusters (or even a hundred metres come to that!).

VOTE and be liberated (oops sorry lost it a bit there!"£$^)

regards

Dave

jonnygoodhand

I recall seeing a french rerstoration a while ago, where the owner re-skinned (sic) their seats in black (matching the bolsters), much like the Rallye, and it looked superb.

Also, on French eBay, I have seen excellent condition Rallye seats change hands for over 300 Euros. So there's certainly a market for them, as Rallye seats are notorious for perishing.

If you ever do decide to go this route and require some Rallye patches, let me know as I have had several batches made up in the past.

patches.jpg

seats-installed.jpg

Edited by jonnygoodhand

Gentrix

I voted for green :lol:

But I think red and black/cloth will be the most popular - and in worst case - I would take red as well.

andi

Obey_R

I voted red but have been toying with the idea of having some all black covers with a red Gti embroided where the pts symbol is on the rallyes.

Baz
I do feel for you Baz - tell me though, from what I saw of the photo that Henry (Yorke) sent me blue was not a 205 option (the picture he sent me was of a 309 interior and the seat design , and hence the patterns required would be different). Is that correct?

At the moment my replacement fabric "Red Quintet" is my only actual stock fabric. My supplier is currently attempting to reproduce a green variant for me. As with all these things though the cost is foremost in my mind as this stuff isn't cheap and I don't dont have infinite resources to fund this.

Who knows what the future may bring though - particularly if my main products sell well.

best regards

Dave

Yes the blue quintet only featured on 309 Gti seats, although the same material design as the red/green 205 ones.

It's not that big a deal tbh, most people would opt for the red/green given that is standard, and wouldn't make sense i guess for you to do small amounts of blue of course!

dch1950
Yes the blue quintet only featured on 309 Gti seats, although the same material design as the red/green 205 ones.

It's not that big a deal tbh, most people would opt for the red/green given that is standard, and wouldn't make sense i guess for you to do small amounts of blue of course!

Hi,

the actual sticking point was not the colour but the fact the seat patterns aren't the same. Hence my question as to whether 205 seats would fit a 309.

Dave

Baz

The material in the centre of the seats is the same as the quintet design on the 205 seats as far as i remember, but the outer sections on the bolsters etc isn't, more of a velour.

dch1950
The material in the centre of the seats is the same as the quintet design on the 205 seats as far as i remember, but the outer sections on the bolsters etc isn't, more of a velour.

Yes - Quartet fabric inserts, but just a casual look at the picture Henry sent me tells me the patterns are definitely different.

Thus 205 seat patterned covers won't fit the 309. The materials aren't the issue. I can make covers for the 205 out of any fabric I want. My fabric is called "Quintet" I do 2 bolster suede type fabrics 1) Alcantara and my favourite 2) Microcare suede

regards

Dave

Tom Fenton

I think 1/2 leather with alcantera centres (like the 306 GTI) would look good.

dch1950

Like your style Tom.

And not a problem for me to make either

I can send you a fabric sample card if you like if you PM me your address

regards

Dave

large

I was just going to say the same.

So other.

Edited by large

allye

I swear some one on here had there rallye seats covered in half leather and half suede. Looked amazing and what I would really like to do with mine.

(an find a picture?)

christopher
I recall seeing a french rerstoration a while ago, where the owner re-skinned (sic) their seats in black (matching the bolsters), much like the Rallye, and it looked superb.

Also, on French eBay, I have seen excellent condition Rallye seats change hands for over 300 Euros. So there's certainly a market for them, as Rallye seats are notorious for perishing.

If you ever do decide to go this route and require some Rallye patches, let me know as I have had several batches made up in the past.

patches.jpg

seats-installed.jpg

I would be up for some of these if the price was right!!

j_turnell

I am a big fan of the rallye seats, had a set myself, its just they dont wear very well atall!

welshpug

grey/grey with a red stripe as found on the earlier half leather seats?

Miles

Voted Red here, But another good one would be the leather sides, I think they would sell like hot cakes

dch1950
Voted Red here, But another good one would be the leather sides, I think they would sell like hot cakes

Hi Miles,

Leather sides ? What are those.

regards

Dave

dch1950

Good morning everyone,

On the matter of wear qualities of the Rallye seat fabric - If this is (as I think) a cotton based velour then it will not stand up well in what are classed as the Martindale fabric tests. The Rallye seat covers I have designed will be in Alcantara suede and represent the top of the range in terms of my proposed product line.

I am encouraged by the possibility of "mix and match" combinations where original insert fabric is not being considered. The idea of combining new bolsters with old grotty inserts was soon dropped by me as not being practical. The fabric foam backs usually just getting washed down my washing machine drain (and blocking the filter!) and the fabric usually just dropping to pieces after any attempt to re-sew it.

Thank you John G for you help with the Rallye logo patches, and the idea of a GTI emblem machine embroidered into the backrest insert (of non-Quintet options) is great. Would need some artwork though to pass to the embroiderers.

Keep your voting and your opinions coming as they are a good source of info from the real users.

Thanx

Dave

PS I have placed a quick price look up page on my site which gives you product codes and prices.

Get a quick price here

lemmingzappa

I wish I could get hold of a brand new set of these :lol:

b6vknvq2kkgrhqrlkeyjcyl.jpg

welshpug

that's what I meant by grey/grey with red stripe, and I think Miles meant the leather sides to them :lol:

Edp

Voted green as I have a sorrento. I do like the idea of black half leather with black quintet if it was possible.