• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy

Gti6 Wont Start In My 405...

Sloppy
the PDF I sent you was for pre may 97 looms, I have no earlier versions than that I'm afraid.

the ecu's are all the same as are the components, just how the relays and switched lives vary by the looks of it.

you sure its the right sheet, is says 97-01 on it and its exactly the same as the one which is tagged in this section?

the mk1 looks to have more wires from it, i.e some pins have more than 1 wire running from them? wierd.

I might try the mk2 loom basically setup i.e just 4 key wires first and see if this heps then if not its gonna be new unlocked ecu i think, on the plus side if its not that i can always sell it on!

welshpug

yep 100% the earliest one I have a copy of.

Sloppy
For reference - I bought a GTI6 ecu from Jonnie(I will continiue to rip people off)205, it turned out that it had a damaged injector board most likely by disconnecting when the engine is running, must safer to disconnect when the ign is switched on only.

Back on topic, You need a diode inserted between the plug connectors to check whether the injectors or coils are receiving power when you are cranking the engine, Autodata states this procedure, which you may be able to locate on the 306GTi6 site.

Rich_W on hte 306 site does ECU's for £60 delivered.

HTH

it was £80 delivered which aint bad, (he said its £60 to unlock one you send in or take in) and this is a tried and tested unit properly unlocked on the emprom or processor.

Also hes socketing the emprom so you can just pull it out to read off so i can map it more easily for same price which is handy for me!

will have to see if this will make it start!

i hope so if not at least i will have some spare unlocked ecu's!

Edited by Sloppy

Richie-Van-GTi

If all else fails theres a guy up near me that can take the map off the gti-6 ecu and drop it onto the s16 ecu and eliminate your flat spot which is caused by lack of AVAC system.

Sloppy

ITS ALIVE!

rich w's socketed ecu arrived thismoring, plugged it in and literally first crack of key it fired so thanks rich and jonnie you scum...

will go over on the 306 forum and name and shame him now!

Thanks to everyone for there help! :rolleyes:

Sloppy

Finished all the wiring off to the loom all gauges etc and smartened it up also finished some other bits off under bonnet.

Taken loads of pics too, so will do a project thread asap.!

just glad its working now what a bell end of a job trying to work out i have a lockerd ecu!!!!

Sloppy
ITS ALIVE!

rich w's socketed ecu arrived thismoring, plugged it in and literally first crack of key it fired so thanks rich and jonnie you scum...

will go over on the 306 forum and name and shame him now!

Thanks to everyone for there help! :)

Seems only fair to edit this, jonnie after some attention via a topic has agreed to send a replacement, so hopefully this should work meaning i will have a spare?

pug_ham

Glad you've sorted it Joe, I finally located the unlocked GTI-6 ecu I have yesterday & was about to get in touch to see if you still needed it to test your car out.

Graham.

CaptainK
ITS ALIVE!

Congrats mate and well done on getting it running. Damn that Jonnie205 and his usual shoddiness.

Sloppy

Been for a spin, quite strange still feels a 'tad' boggy around 4k although it is very quick.

Gonna drop some new plugs in i think.

will start project thread soon, ive written most of it just need to drop pics in.