• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gavbrum

205 Gti On Top Gear

pip470

I thought it was really clear, they were just making excuses, I like it when Hammond was talking about how the elan lets you know its raining whilst keeping you cool at the same time, and how safe the car Clarkson was driving is. The whole thing was tongue in cheek to show how good our British cars were (not).

I loved the last two episodes but im sad its all over so soon.

dodsworth_gti

i thought it was a good show,some good old school motors,better than hoofing 100 grand plus super cars about,and it was blatently a big joke right from the begining,i laughed all the way :)

the looks on theirs faces were enough for me when they read it was a 205 gti :),but knew it wouldnt be when clarckson asked if he could get the 205

just imagine though,if the diesel had of beaten their times,then it would have been bloody hilarious :lol:

lemmingzappa

I actually thoroughly enjoyed that episode :)

McDude

Yeah! That bit with the XR3i (with RS vents on the bonnet) was FACT. They all filled up drowning owners in car washes; my Aunty died three times that way. Seriously!!! I'm aghast at the lack of humour from some of you guys.

I'm with those that loved the episode - shame they only manage 6 in a series.

m_attt

lol at the first few pages of replies, how could you miss the joke.

shame it wasnt a dturbo either as that would probably beat them.

205freak

Where can i find the video???

ALEX

I bet that GSi wasn't even a Gsi!

Most now are standard Astras with a GSi body kit. Check ebay as most of the Mk3 Gsi's have already been butchered for bits.

Best thing for it really, I had a genuine redtop one, thought it was way over rated!

Edited by ALEX

JRL

classic clarkson humour, his way of saying how great the little 205 gti is.

JayCC

I get the humour, but i was very disapointed not to see a gti provide a lap time on the tg track.

swordfish210
I get the humour, but i was very disapointed not to see a gti provide a lap time on the tg track.

That wasn't the TG track.

sceptre

clarkson is a right nobber.

Edited by sceptre

maturin23

Have you read ANY part of this thread?

Clarkson is arguable a nobber - he certainly cultivates his public persona as such and has made a great living from it. From what I know of those who know him personally, he's a clever chap and a very decent bloke.

He also adores 205 GTIs.

What are your reasons for your comment, Sceptre?

sceptre
Have you read ANY part of this thread?

Clarkson is arguable a nobber - he certainly cultivates his public persona as such and has made a great living from it. From what I know of those who know him personally, he's a clever chap and a very decent bloke.

He also adores 205 GTIs.

What are your reasons for your comment, Sceptre?

You may well be right and he may know more about mechanics than he shows but I just find it annoying the way he can completely ignore the technical side of great cars! They must do so many repairs on the cars when they do their extreme trips but you never get to see it, it would be so much better if they showed you!

I just find it annoying how he seems to pretend its not relevant!

Topgear is great but it could be so much better!