• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dch1950

Bolsters & Covers - Latest News

dch1950

Hi everyone,

I have spent the last few days working on the moulds for the bolster repair sections. This has been very much seat of the pants flying and today I produced the final mould. My foam kits arrive tomorrow hopefully and then I can start the trial "castings". I'm quite excited about this and if it works OK I can save a lot of sets of seat foam from oblivion.

I'm a bit disappointed in the response to my fabrics poll though. Is nobody interested at all (13 votes - and 2 of those were probably my Mom).

Come on guys help me out here.

regards

Dave

dale205mills

I would say number one or number three and I have gave you a little vote :lol:

dch1950
I would say number one or number three and I have gave you a little vote :lol:

Thanks Dale,

I would ask everyone to consider my point of view here. Mimimum orders are for 1000 metres of material and if I buy the wrong one (i.e. nobody wants it) then I'm left with some very expensive dusters to sell!.

The French were crowing that they had a manufacturer of the OEM material - when in actual fact they had found a job lot of 60 metres (presumably from a dealer or supplier shutdown sale).This has all been sold in 2 metre lots (it ran out at the end of July this year) to members only of the 205 Gti club de France.So there's none left at all now, presumably if there was they would have ordered more than 60 metres worth. This is a shame ,but that was a one off fire sale.

best regards

Dave

welshpug

how many metres are used per set of seats?

dch1950
how many metres are used per set of seats?

I guessing here WP - but 2 metres would seem to a likely figure.

Dave

Obey_R

Voted - hopefully it won't be too long until it's all up and running for you!

dch1950
Voted - hopefully it won't be too long until it's all up and running for you!

cheers dude!

BusEngineer

Voted :lol:

dch1950

Hi all,

it has ocurred to me that very few of us have actually seen the original Quartet material in all it's multicolour glory. So does anyone have any of the original sales pictures or perhaps have an interior in such a good state of preservation that we might make a better comparison than with my current #6 sample (which on closer inspection doesn't actually have much of the felt left as it's worn away and the coulour has faded).

You help would be appreciated.

regards

Dave

dale205mills

I have got a mint set of late half leathers in my loft, they came out of my old k reg 205 and have hardly been sat in. I have all so been buying old peugeot brochures.

dch1950
I have got a mint set of late half leathers in my loft, they came out of my old k reg 205 and have hardly been sat in. I have all so been buying old peugeot brochures.

Hi,

would you be willing to take some pictures for me, and email them to me so I can update the samples gallery.

regards

Dave

dale205mills

I will dig them out over the nexted few days and give then a clean and take pictures for you of them.

dch1950
I will dig them out over the nexted few days and give then a clean and take pictures for you of them.

Thanks a lot,

I'm getting near to launch of my cover service now and once I have my sewing machinists in place and fully familiarised, off we'll go.

This has been a long haul but I hope it will be worth it.

regards

Dave

DrSarty

You're a brave, committed and amusing man Dave.

I haven't looked or voted yet, but I would like to commend you on your efforts.

I suspect that if this cloth recovering venture goes well, then as you'll be able to do the bolsters too you're only a step away from doing leather reupholstery too.

Respek! :huh:

cRaig

Maybe I missed it in this thread.. but any thoughts on doing the Green check material in the sorrento/lazer green cars? :huh: Id certainly be interested in enough material to do at least one full interior, possibly more.

Hope this venture goes well for you, the effort and research you are putting in is very impressive :D

dch1950
Maybe I missed it in this thread.. but any thoughts on doing the Green check material in the sorrento/lazer green cars? :huh: Id certainly be interested in enough material to do at least one full interior, possibly more.

Hope this venture goes well for you, the effort and research you are putting in is very impressive :D

Hi,

I am only working with the red based Quartet material at the moment. I follow 2 Paras motto - the 7 P's.

thanx

Dave

dch1950
You're a brave, committed and amusing man Dave.

I haven't looked or voted yet, but I would like to commend you on your efforts.

I suspect that if this cloth recovering venture goes well, then as you'll be able to do the bolsters too you're only a step away from doing leather reupholstery too.

Respek! :huh:

cloth recovering - explain please.

cRaig
Hi,

I am only working with the red based Quartet material at the moment. I follow 2 Paras motto - the 7 P's.

thanx

Dave

Well I hope this venture goes well and once everything is up and running it is something you can consider :)

Regards

Craig

dch1950
Well I hope this venture goes well and once everything is up and running it is something you can consider :)

Regards

Craig

Hi Craig,

It is something I've considered already. My initial problem was getting sales stats for the 205 Gti,Rallye,Gentry etc from Peugeot - they were no help whatsoever. With various trim colours and types at my fingertips I could have then done a statistical analysis of the relative frequency and hence likelyhood of each Quartet variation cropping up. I picked the red variant (probably because mine's a Cherry red) but it could equally well have been the green. I've never seen the blue. I have said before (in this thread) if there is no interest in the alternative material then I won't be buying it as there's no market and thus no point. My bravery doesn't run to stupidity and if this forum's response is typical of the market in general I won't proceed with new insert material at all.

I will be refurbing seats though, and I also want to do the bolsters in Black Alcantara - fabulous stuff - but not cheap (relatively speaking)

best regards

Dave

Gentrix

I have once seen, that someone on here did his bucket seat-inners here with the green-chequered material from a complete (or more) set of original seatmaterial.

This is what would really like to copy :)

would be great, if someone remembers those pictures and could post them up - just as an appetizer.

Andi

dch1950
I have once seen, that someone on here did his bucket seat-inners here with the green-chequered material from a complete (or more) set of original seatmaterial.

This is what would really like to copy :)

would be great, if someone remembers those pictures and could post them up - just as an appetizer.

Andi

Hi Andi,been a while mate - how are you?

Our French brothers were not to happy when I asked when was the next batch of material going to be available. I'd got my membership forms filled out and everything (all 8 pages of 'em). Worse than joining the masons.

Things are close to be being realised now, I'm just having some fun this weekend with Apache caching mechanisms and setting up an SSL server to server link. It's all good stuff.

regards

Dave

cRaig
Hi Craig,

It is something I've considered already. My initial problem was getting sales stats for the 205 Gti,Rallye,Gentry etc from Peugeot - they were no help whatsoever. With various trim colours and types at my fingertips I could have then done a statistical analysis of the relative frequency and hence likelyhood of each Quartet variation cropping up. I picked the red variant (probably because mine's a Cherry red) but it could equally well have been the green. I've never seen the blue. I have said before (in this thread) if there is no interest in the alternative material then I won't be buying it as there's no market and thus no point. My bravery doesn't run to stupidity and if this forum's response is typical of the market in general I won't proceed with new insert material at all.

I will be refurbing seats though, and I also want to do the bolsters in Black Alcantara - fabulous stuff - but not cheap (relatively speaking)

best regards

Dave

Yeah, thats fair enough, I can understand that. I can imagine its taken a significant investment of time and money, and can only be done if the demand is there to turn a profit, its just that you are probably best placed to investigate this given the amount you already know about fabric manufacturers etc. Its just a shame such a large order is required to get the wheels in motion. Guess I'll have to keep my collection of green seats to scavenge good material from for now :)

All the best

Craig

dch1950

Hi All,

I've been searching my hard drive for a picture that Gentrix sent me of the "new" seat insert material. Finally found it lurking in a sub-dir!

so here it is. Red "quartet" fabric off the roll (so to speak).

Note what the colours are like when it's new.

Trouble is now I can see how grubby my own covers are - oops!

regards

Dave

PS Keep on voting - you know you want to really.

D

dch1950

Hi everyone,

I was surprised by an email enquiry from my web site last night. It was for a full set of covers. It got me thinking though, especially as I am not ready to go into production yet, what with still sourcing the materials etc.

I think many of you have also been asking yourself the question about how to go about actually getting replacment covers.

(you and me both). Any way I drafted a little explanatory note on how I see it all working.

Have a read and let me know what you think.

mhyphenl

I may be mistaken but had you not tried to or managed to find somwhere that would manufacture an exact replacement for the 'fill' material. I can totally sympathise with you regarding Peugeot's lack of enthusiasm in helping with information, especially considering that they could use you as a supplier and make some money themselves.

It frustrates me that there are people in the Peugeot organisation who know who made the material or what the exact spec is and as they no longer want to make it you'd think they would give the information out to those who do!