• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dch1950

Bolsters & Covers - Latest News

dch1950

Hi everyone,

If you have followed my post(s) about bolsters and seat covers you will know that I have been looking for a substitute seat insert cloth.

It has taken me a long time , and a deal of effort but I believe I have found the answer. I have been in touch with textile manufacturers in China, and the middle and far East. The last 6 weeks have proved equally frustrating and enjoyable, but I believe I have now found a good replacement insert material for the "red/black check insert". I will publish Hi def pictures on my drop.io page as soon as I obtain the proto material from the supplier, and they should be with me by next week (thurs or friday). My main marketing site Dave's PUG seat covers & trim shop will be launched in the UK very shortly.

Stay with me guys and check it out.

regards

Dave

dale205mills

Well done Mate and keep up the good work.

Miles

If you havn;t already looked or been in contact with, the French 205 GTi site had some of these made, not sure on sales thou but I think they sold well

dch1950

Hi Everyone,

Last evening I was sent new pictures of the working sample(s). Better quality than the first few. The company involved has made a great effort on this rather wierd request from me.

For those of you who would like to check it out - please feel free and let me knpw what you think. My personal email is in my profile.

The drop page is : Daves drop.io page

and the guest password is "dch1950" (no quotes !). The relevant photo is eng1.jpg.

regards

Dave

PS Iam a member pf the french club and will be contacting them directly as part of my launch campaign.

D

pacmannewry
Hi Everyone,

Last evening I was sent new pictures of the working sample(s). Better quality than the first few. The company involved has made a great effort on this rather wierd request from me.

For those of you who would like to check it out - please feel free and let me knpw what you think. My personal email is in my profile.

The drop page is : Daves drop.io page

and the guest password is "dch1950" (no quotes !). The relevant photo is eng1.jpg.

regards

Dave

PS Iam a member pf the french club and will be contacting them directly as part of my launch campaign.

D

Hi Dave

Just noticed this thread. Am I correct in that you will be selling replacement seat covers? I'm looking to upgrade my interior to a half-leather and would be very interested depending on price. My quest to find half-leather seats over here is treading water.

Paddy

Obey_R

Has the website launch date been delayed?

dch1950

Hi all,

unfortunately I have had to postpone site launch - (not for another month though!). The incompetence of the banks amazes me sometimes - good job I don't design systems anymore. There was no year 2000 bug! just poor programmers and analysts - oops rant over. (it's delays caused by the bank in question that has delayed me)

I have started on a revamp of my bolster repair maual - see drop.io for new version. This is work I'm doing at the moment so I will try and keep it reasonably up to date. I've decided on a replacement moulded section as viable repair strategy. An idea I thought about a few months back but just got diverted onto other things.

regards

Dave

Dariooo

Did you will order this material for replace an old black-red clothes of seats??

dch1950
Did you will order this material for replace an old black-red clothes of seats??

I think(?) the answer to this question is probably yes - but I'm not certain.

Dave

dch1950
I think(?) the answer to this question is probably yes - but I'm not certain.

Dave

Dariooo,

if you read my thread on bolster cover material - you will find out that I am looking to make replacement seat covers for our cars. The insert material (black/red check and green/black check etc) is a dwindling resource and I have spent many weeks trying to find a good replacement material. This is classed as a private commission from me by the textile manufacturers I am in touch with and if the material is a good replacement will be brought to market by me and at my personal expense. So when the material samples reach me (probably within the next 7 to days) I will let you all know what I think of it and will also put some pictures on my drop.io page. Until then you must be patient and all will become clear.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

my best regards

Dave

Dariooo

Ok...I understand.... I hope that everything will be good <_<

Thank you...

dch1950
Ok...I understand.... I hope that everything will be good :lol:

Thank you...

you and me both kid, I've been running this project single handedly for 4 months plus now.

Keep the faith.

regards

Dave

dch1950

Hi all,

the sample insert material(s) that I have been waiting for have finally arrived.

I have 5 actual materials to choose from and/or comment on so if you would care to cast a critical eye over them and let me know what you think I'd be grateful.

They are jpgs entitled Sample #1 - Sample #6 (I know blinding 'innit) and they are on my drop.io page.(see post#4 of this thread for the URL and logon)

They are reasonable pics so you can get a good look at them.

Hope you like what I've done.

regards

Dave

PS I may well put together a little voting page to see which one is the most popular.

D

Dariooo

Hi..

It's look beautiful :huh:

Can you do some picture with original and the new materials to compare these two of them ?

dch1950
Hi..

It's look beautiful :huh:

Can you do some picture with original and the new materials to compare these two of them ?

Sample #6 is the original - there are also pictures on that page of larger sections of the original material.. I suggest you could down load the images yourself and do your own comparison. I know which is my preferred material - but when I've set up the bit of code for an on-line poll I'll be able to get a better feel for what everyone thinks. Plus I need to get some french translation done as well.

regards

Dave

Rob Turbo

I think the best way for people to see the difference properly would be to have a photo of each one along side the original, as they are you can't really see which is the closest match without downloading them all and having them open in windows beside each other, all you can tell for sure from the photos as they are is that it's not 5!

Dariooo

I think the most similary to the original it's 3 or 4....a nuber 5 it's too much red.....so I think......

I agree with Rod Turbo about to take a photo of each one along side the original...beacaue the picture can be taken nearly or farther from the table and the sample cames different (more or less red od black)...

dch1950

Try looking at samples001.pdf - I've put them in sequence as suggested. Particularly effective if you use the "book" view rather than slide

Enjoy

Dave

Rob Turbo

My money is on 3 being closest, on 1 and 2 the red seems too small and too far apart, number 4 is brighter red, although this could be due to the original being old, and 5 is just errm, different!!

Dariooo

Very good :rolleyes: now we can compare... :D

I vote for 4#, because a old (original) sample it's dirty and a red it's more darkly....

1#,2#,3# a red color it's dark and it's a too little red color....

5# it's too much red

What do you think?

dch1950

Hi all,

I should point out that these samples are by no means the final product. No one material will become the "new" insert fabric. What I want to achieve is a combination of the best features of all of them.

What is noticeable is that there are 4 reds in these samples., that one sample has both black and grey yarn in it,

No 5 is no. 5 - not a lot we can say about that one, so I think that it has dropped out of the mix.

For my own part I like the general appearance of #4, this is an all black yarn - which I think would be improved with alternate rows (weft wise) of dark grey as well. Pattern size and step repeats can be adjusted fairly easily.

I'm still debugging some mysql code - once that works (for the "national survey of Pug owners" - drum roll) I will be able to get some meaningful stats and comments.

I think the overall quality is going to be great though , whichever one gets made, and I can only heap praise on the textile firm for their efforts.

regards

Dave

dch1950

Hi everyone,

I have put together a set of comparative pictures into a pdf file (download from my site or view it on my drop.io page)

The gallery view is here :Samples gallery and Poll - please check it out and vote.

Edited by dch1950

Zkronk

This looks interesting :huh: (And the seats in my 205 are quite worn after 21 years.)

I vote for number 1.

dch1950

Hi everyone,

please be assured that I am not doing ANY data gathering via this poll. The worst thing left on your machine is a "you've already voted" cookie.

So don't be shy get in there.

regards

Dave