• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisj21

Vts Wiring Help

chrisj21

Yes just a single plug, definately not multiplex, it must be the inertia switch then, just three pin, i'll bridge it and see what happens and i'll update with the wire numbers tomorrow.

Cheers Guys :)

chrisj21

Right, the inertia switch is the 3 wire plug i found, so i'll just join the 3 wires.

I'm having some trouble tracing wire 402 to join with 47 on the 205 loom for the coolant 'low' light. i can only think that it isn't numbered 402 on my loom so can anyone tell me if the wire is traced from the ecu or the double relay?

And lastly i can't trace the second fuel pump wire, i have 120 to 76 but looking at other threads there should be a second? Again as above is it traced from the ecu or double relay?

Chris

welshpug

wire 47 is the coolant temperature switch not coolant level, that would go to the 2 pin blue sensor on the thermostat housing, as would wire 47A for the gauge.

from memory its 400 for the switch 402 for the gauge? I don't remember 402 though this was a pug loom.

what do you mean by "second fuel pump wire" ?

I can see on my diagram that wire 1220 comes from pin 5 of the relay, and by the looks of it goes out via the fusebox and splits to wire 120 to the fuel pump and wire 122 which would come back into the engine loom for the lambda sensor heater.

chrisj21

I only have a 1 pin sensor on the thermostat housing. that's where im getting confused, its the gauge and light not the header tank sensor im trying to connect then.

In a few other threads, 2052006 Here he lists 2 connection to wire 76, although i have connected my grey 123 wire which comes from the lambda plug to red 2a (switched live) on the 205 loom where as he lists it connected to 76, maybe a typing error.

I did have a good look on autodata and couldn't figure the other wire so there must just be one connection to the fuel pump.

I think i've spent far to much time on this and it's sending me insane.

HERMAN

I gave up trying tidy up a 306 loom. I made the mistake off buying an engine with the multiplex system and had to buy a 306 loom. The 306 loom was in bad condition so I got a new plug from these http://www.simtekuk.co.uk/ and made a new loom to suit the car and engine it was time consuming but hopefully it should be more reliable.

chrisj21

It's certainly something i'll look at in the future, just want to make sure i've got all the connections right first.

pug_ham
Right, the inertia switch is the 3 wire plug i found, so i'll just join the 3 wires.

The intertia switch (fuel shut off switch) on both the GTI-6 loom I've got & my 306 hdi have only two wires going to them, if its got three wires going to it I'm not sure you've got the right one & joining all three together could be a bad idea imo.

Graham.

chrisj21

It's definitely the inertia switch, i've checked the wiring numbers and they match, i've not joined them yet though.

Would you suggest just joining 2?

chrisj21

The autodata wiring numbers are 1420 and 1421. would just joining these 2 be ok?

Anthony

If you've still got the inertia switch, it will be very easy to test what connections are made/broken with the switch engaged (press the button/ball in on the top) and disengaged (give it a vigourous shake or bang it against something), and then simply wire the loom so as it's the same as having the switch engaged all the time.