• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisj21

Vts Wiring Help

chrisj21

Unfortunaltely another vts wiring thread.

I've spent most of yesterday going through the wiring and i can't seem to match up the information on here with the autodata and my loom.

I have so far worked out the following

Vts loom large plug 205 loom

From ecu

Pink 821 ------------------------- Not used

White 140 ---------------------------Not used

Green 141 ---------------------------Not used

Beige 16? ------------------------------?

Green 822 ----------------------------Not used

Red 426 ----------------------------Grey 112B

Beige 480 ----------------------------Not used

Yellow 820 ---------------------------Not used

From loom (leading to sensors)

Yellow 415 ------------------------------Not used

Beige 401 ------------------------------Red 47A Coolant Gauge

Lilac/purple 410---------------------------Purple 30 Oil Pressure Light

Orange 2204 ------------------------------Purple 53 Reverse Light

Pink 414 ---------------------------------Grey 30B Oil Pressure Gauge

Red CM32 --------------------------------?

Beige ? (number missing) ---------------?

Orange 10? ------------------------------?

Blue 100 ---------------------------------Blue 46B Starter

From lambda plug

Grey 123 --------------------------------Red 2A Switched 12v

From Double Relay

Lilac/purple BM27 -----------------------?

Beige CC4 -------------------------------Red 2A Switched 12v

Blue 120 --------------------------------White 76 Fuel Pump

3 blue M26A-

M26B- - INTO 1 BROWN -----?

M26C-

Small vts plug

Green 411 -------------------------30a Oil temp

The wiring on my loom seems in some places to be completely different with regards to numbers and colours. I have made some assumptions above.

Also on my alternator (vts item) i have three connections, 2 ontop and 1 at the bottom, the 2 ontop are larger and small and the 1 below is small, i assume the largest connector is for the feed from the battery but which connection for the light?

I have that many bits of paper with various info on im starting to confuse myself :) Can anyone confirm the above please.

Edited by chrisj21

chrisj21

From what i can see above im missing 4 connections to the 205 loom

30a oil temp

7a alternator light

47 coolant light

52 reverse light

Edit:- i have now found 30a oil temp is located on the smaller vts plug and is green 411

Edited by chrisj21

[L'e$kro]

You can also ignore the loom's colours and numbers and just check what is what on the ECU side, using the autodata wiring diagram

Retain a bare engine loom and use your 205's sensor loom for dash sensors...

Nicolas

chrisj21

The three thick blue wires ( m26a,b and c) which go into one brown wire i think attach to the shunt box.

I've just got the final reverse light to figure out and then i think im nearly there.

Not sure if this helps but your final reverse light may be:

(vts loom) c12, brown (purple after 23 pinplug) ----> 52, grey (205 loom)

Like you, for the other reverse wire, I did 220 orange ----> 53 purple

That is what I did anyway (according to my rather grubby notes I've just dug out of the garage!)

chrisj21

Excellent, i'll have a look tonight.

Cheers :)

chrisj21

Tonight i decided to strip loom completely apart, i wasn't to confident in the connections i'd made as to whether they were correct due to the numbers not corresponding with autodata/forum info.

Turns out this was the best was as within 5 minutes i had it sorted.

So this is a revised list with the number from vts to 205.

Orange 2204 - 53

Red CM32 - 54

Green 1076 - 7A

Green 411 - 30A

Blue 100 - 46B

Purple 410 - 30

Beige 401 - 47A

Blue 120 - 76

Red 426 - 112B

Beige CC4 - 2A + 32A

Yellow/Green M444 - M

402 - 47

Wire 30b on the 205 loom directly to the 205 mushroom oil pressure sender fitted to the vts block.

My inertia switch wiring was traced from the double relay pin 7 and ecu pin 7 as per autodata.

Just a quick question with regards to the charcoal cannister valve thing, can i just remove the wiring for this from the loom? or is it best to plug it in and connect it leaving the side that goes to the cannister venting?

Also on the length of loom for the above cannister i have a three pin plug branching off, any idea what this is? power steering switch?

Thanks

Edited by chrisj21

Alastairh

For future. Use the auto data / internet info and spend the time for all your +12v /0v feeds that bring the engine in life. I then would continuity each sensor that you use in the 205 cabin once its running and that way you can check it actually works as it runs.

Al

welshpug

that would be the cam sensor from memory, blue plug?

The ecu will store a fault with the charcoal canister purge valve unplugged, though I don't know what the ecu does if it sees a fault there with it

joe1joe

no cam shafts sensor used on a 1.6 16v??? there is on the 2.0 vts though!

3 pin conector, possibly vss?? is it white?

as for the canister purge valve i have not botherd using it and it doesnt bring the diag light on for what it is worth i would leave the purge valve plug there though just tuck it out of the way (or remove it outside the loom casing and cut off later date) this is on the 1.6 16v but i would do the same if it was a 2.0 16v (which i am currently doing!)

Edited by joe1joe

chrisj21
For future. Use the auto data / internet info and spend the time for all your +12v /0v feeds that bring the engine in life. I then would continuity each sensor that you use in the 205 cabin once its running and that way you can check it actually works as it runs.

Al

I will be doing that just to double check everything once it's up and running but the early signs look good :)

that would be the cam sensor from memory, blue plug?

The ecu will store a fault with the charcoal canister purge valve unplugged, though I don't know what the ecu does if it sees a fault there with it

I have the cam sensor plugged in, im wondering if it could be an alarm plug? i'll trace back the wires tomorrow and update. basically coming from the loom is a longish length with the cannister on and this other plug. nothing else.

Edited by chrisj21

joe1joe

have you got the cable numbers? if you are sharpish i will have a look now!

chrisj21

No unfortunatley not, it's an oval plug as oppossed to a junior timer/power timer, 3 wire.

joe1joe

you sure it is not the fuel cut off, but that is two pin i think....

Anthony
No unfortunatley not, it's an oval plug as oppossed to a junior timer/power timer, 3 wire.

That's the inertia switch, isn't it? Certainly that's on the same bit of loom as the carbon canister and has an oval plug from memory.

(I'll go down to the garage and double check if you like, as I've got a complete Xsara VTS engine with the loom still connected)

chrisj21

Yes i thought it was 2 pin too, i've not traced the inertia switch wires yet but as far as i can tell its 2 wires from pin 7 on the double relay and pin 7 on the ecu.

chrisj21

No rush Anthony, i'll look at it again tomorrow so tomorrows fine, if you could check that would be great.

:)

Anthony

Picture of the inertia switch plug here in the pinned GTi-6 wiring topic

joe1joe

that is defo the inertia switch.

got a feeling on later ones it may be three pin......?????

but it is defo the inertia switch simplist option is to bridge it, but within the loom not just joining the cables together it looks messy.....

chrisj21

Yes i've had a good look through that topic which is why i beleive it to be 2 pin where as the plug i mention is 3 pin.

joe1joe

the inertia switch is wired diffrently on a gti-6 before you seach threads (i think)

chrisj21
that is defo the inertia switch.

got a feeling on later ones it may be three pin......?????

but it is defo the inertia switch simplist option is to bridge it, but within the loom not just joining the cables together it looks messy.....

Funny you should mention later loom, i found a label on the loom dated 12 1999 so it would be a later loom before the multiplex came in?

joe1joe

i have only just done a loom (sunday :) ) and the wire goes from the ecu pin 7 and the relay pin 7 without any splices etc..... and is with the purge valve.

joe1joe

mine is a 1998

welshpug

how many plugs on the ecu? afaik the multiplex was the 3 plug ecu, whereas the earlier is the same 55 pin 3 row plug (and much the same ecu) as the gti6.

Edited by welshpug