• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rob_furious

[car_overhaul] My First 205gti - Barn Find!

kernowmafia

interesting so far,i'll be paying more attention when you get to the mechanical side of things,as i'm about to put mine back on the road after a 5 year break

rob_furious

well i forgot to upload the pictures at the start of the month. well good news. she runs! a £5.95 inlet manifold gasket was the problem. and a few cranks over and she fired to life :D

removing the plugs before the first crank, i also changed the starter an messed with some damaged wiring.

th_DSCF2942.jpg

Bodged HT leads just to see if she runs. as they were attacked by rats.

th_DSCF2945.jpg

old exhast.

th_DSCF2948.jpg

fitting the new manifold

th_DSCF2952.jpgth_DSCF2953.jpga>

running#

th_DSCF2944.jpg

th_DSCF2957.jpg

started removing the rear bumper and found the mounts corroded and the bottom plates of the wings shot so they will be repaired. welder on stand by lol

th_DSCF2963.jpgth_DSCF2963.jpgth_DSCF2968.jpg

dobbo26

Nice keep up the good work! Dam rats! lol good luck

rob_furious

cheers yea, dam rats made a mess of alot of the car. dash is coming out to go get flocked. :P

AJA_GTi

Coming on mate - if you need an extra pair of hands one night give me a shout i'm about 3 miles away from you :rolleyes:

jord294
cheers yea, dam rats made a mess of alot of the car. dash is coming out to go get flocked. :)

my mate in the village runs his own flocking company

http://www.autoflock.co.uk/

ask for raj

rob_furious

cheers but iv already got a flocker. mate from work runs Clever Flockers in telford.

marksorrento205

Oh good :lol: That will come in handy in the future!! How much do they charge for a full 205 dash?

lukesaddy

that looks a mess mate, ill be keeping an eye on this one, should be nice when its finished :P

cRaig

Wow, an impressive rescue from the brink with this one! and nice to see another local 205 :P

rob_furious

sorry no updates lately im working flat out trying to get money together to rebuild the 205. dash will be coming out this weekend as the my mate is asking for it so he can flock it and ill be doing some work on my mates hillman imp and hopefully cut out the small rot patches, out of the 205.

marksorrento205

Get much done today mate?

stubby205
cheers but iv already got a flocker. mate from work runs Clever Flockers in telford.

what the flock is a flocker? :s

gowmonster

how much flock could a clever flocker flock if a clever flocker could flock flock?

flock is a type of furry material, best used to stop sun glare on the dashboard.

Edited by gowmonster

marksorrento205

Updates please :)

scrappy

hi matey good to see someone else is not afraid of a big challenge i also try and keep these car's from going to the scrappers bought a couple out of them just to save them,i'll get round to fixing them up one day.good to see it won't be going to the scrappers / broke up for spares either too many gti's have gone that way.wish you all the best with the project.

rob_furious

yes updates are a must :D

sorry there hasnt been any updates on here. plenty has been done tho. lost the cable for my phone so all my little up date pictures havent been hosted. but new phone has ment iv been able to get all my old pictures up loaded and the new ones :P updates to follow as pictures are loaded! watch this space!

rob_furious

right first picture is of a flocked dash done by Cleaver Flockers. now its a 205 gti because thats what he drives "legend" :D anyways just a sample of his dash for you to compair his to mine to show ever job is as good as the first.

th_Photo761.jpg

new tail gate fitted thanks to mark for sorting me out a lovely condish one! if anyone wants to know why i replaced mine it had some very large dents in and the trouble and time it would take to remove them it was better to find a new tailgate.

th_Photo763.jpg

old rad has to come off. it was just weeping water ever so slightly but looked bad and soo as i tried to remove it to replace the rad it split big style so i was glad i had already bought a new one :P

th_Photo766.jpg

th_Photo764.jpg

new rad fitted with the new leads and plugs! mainly been working to get the car mobile to move location. the gutman bumper will look the part in white.

th_Photo769.jpg

dash out

th_Photo782.jpg

after all this work and me working hard my daily driver took the brunt with miles and spat out its dummy and caused me no end of problems for a week. started by breaking down on the way to work, luckly out side my mate farm.

th_Photo770.jpg

rob_furious

new daily driver was need so and estate was bought mainly to be able to shift parts about. the clutch has just gone on this and has now been replaced. so much for being a reliable replacement.

th_Photo783.jpg

just as i got this i picked up the dash from Cleaver Flockers. only costs £100 to anyone who wants one doing.

th_Photo781.jpgth_Photo780.jpgth_Photo779.jpg

th_Photo778.jpgth_Photo777.jpgth_Photo776.jpg

rob_furious

still dusty from flocking. :D

th_Photo781.jpgth_Photo795.jpgth_Photo796.jpg

painted up a few bits. new hubs for the bigger brakes.

th_Photo793.jpgth_Photo792.jpgth_Photo794.jpgth_Photo797.jpg

rob_furious

dash practically in. the being made a little more mobile as were it is at my dads it either drives out or doesnt leave :D but that aint a problem for this little beasty :P

th_Photo0007.jpgth_Photo0011.jpg

new brakes and hubs

th_Photo0012.jpgth_Photo0013.jpg

some of the goodies B)

th_Photo0015.jpgth_Photo0016.jpg

th_Photo0020.jpgth_Photo0022.jpgth_Photo0024.jpg

rob_furious

right another old update. car was moved to my mates house to use his garage as im stuck for space at my dads with him having a couple of project cars. so the car was moved to my mates where he had half a garage i could use lol

th_Photo0047.jpgth_Photo0050.jpgth_Photo0053.jpgth_Photo0058.jpg

th_Photo0064.jpgth_Photo0066.jpgth_Photo0068.jpgth_Photo0076.jpgth_Photo0077.jpg

marksorrento205

Bloody hell Rob it is coming on a treat!! Im liking that dash :)

Iain-gti

Have cleaver flockers got a website??

Thanks Iain

rob_furious

no mate but i can give you an email address. altho if you want a dash doing go through me and you will probley get it cheaper.

pm me if you want the email address.