• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hexhamstu

[engine_work] 205 Gti 8v -> Mi16 Plus Some Other Bits.

hexhamstu

Spent today cleaning the engine up, painting the cam cover and finished stripping the beam. Beam came apart easily and everything looks good (no surprise) going to give it a nice lick of paint next and stick it back together. Maybe get a xsara ARB for it?

How do I get the shafts out the trailing arms? Are they just pressed in?

Edited by hexhamstu

Leet205
Spent today cleaning the engine up, painting the cam cover and finished stripping the beam. Beam came apart easily and everything looks good (no surprise) going to give it a nice lick of paint next and stick it back together. Maybe get a xsara ARB for it?

How do I get the shafts out the trailing arms? Are they just pressed in?

Yes the shafts are just pressed into the arms, but why are you removing them if they are in good condition?

hexhamstu
Yes the shafts are just pressed into the arms, but why are you removing them if they are in good condition?

I'm not, I was just interested. :rolleyes: and I may rebuild the beam that is on the car at the moment.

Leet205

No need to remove them even if you do rebuild it mate! unless your changing to diffrent arms. im following your build as im planning to get stuck into mine very soon aswell. Good luck with the rest of it ;)

hexhamstu

Money is holding me back at the moment tbh. I need to buy a few bits and bobs but I'm going on holiday next week so can't spend a penny. Saying that there is plenty for me to be doing, I want to get the beam shot blasted and give it a lick of paint before it goes back together though so that will have to wait until next month. Need to make a bracket for the radiator and oil cooler then the engine is pretty much ready to go in, still need some oil hoses though, the filler pipe is near split so will need to be replaced.

Is it the steel grey or the dimma you are getting stuck into? Wish mine was steel grey! It's my favourite 205 colour!

Leet205

the steel grey mate, cant wait to get back at it again :)

the dimma was bought as a project ages ago and parked up and not a thing done since, i am a lazy bugger!

hexhamstu

SHINY!!

P1010006-1.jpg

P1010002.jpg

(could probably do with a bit more wet + dry, then I need to lacquer it.)

bluesleeper

Just out of interest, what colour is the paint on your cam cover? it looks primer red! :)

Gareth.

hexhamstu

VW mars red I think? I originally did pug cherry red but the finish was poor so sanded it back, when I went for more paint they didn't have any left so had to go for the VW red instead.