• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Headlights On During The Day?

KRISKARRERA
The pricks who pull out on you on a roundabout and don't even realise what they've done....WANKERS

The pricks who get in the wrong lane, despite it being clearly marked, at roundabouts then try to cut you up on the exit without realising....WANKERS

The pricks who never indicate, except whent hey come to a bend in the road and don't have to indicate....WANKERS

The tailgaters....WANKERS

Those twats that pull out in front of you at a junction and don't have the common decency to even try and match your speed, causing you to have to severly brake so you don't plough in to the back of them....WANKERS

The retards who drive at 40mph everywhere....WANKERS

Those unobservant f***ers who sit in the middle lane regardless of traffic condtions....WANKERS

Those selfish pricks who blatently run the red lights at road works causing me to wait at my green light while they dordle through and see what the workers are up too...IF YOU'VE GOT SO MUCH TIME TO WASTE THEN WHY DID YOU RUN THE LIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU f***ING MOUTHBREATHER

Anyone guilty of these crimes should do the world a favour and f*** off and die. Yes i've had a bad day and yes i'm not getting laid at the moment before any smartarse says something.

I agree with you. These people need shooting don't they. :D You gotta wonder how they ever passed the driving test. Edited by KRISKARRERA

christopher

They have been doing this in Denmark for years..

My 1988 Euro Rallye actually has this as standard. Two extra relays always have the main lights on.

I used to laugh about it but especially in dim conditions it really helps to see oncoming traffic.

Edited by christopher

wracing

I do it all the time, for the basic reason that people are incapable of seeing me. I've had 2 accidents where people have 'pulled out'. Since I drive with lights on religiously they have no excuse not to see me!!

James

Edited by wracing

KRISKARRERA

Does anyone switch on headlights for overtaking? :)

SurGie
Does anyone switch on headlights for overtaking? :)

No because they hear my exhaust coming.

If its dim, raining or dusk i agree the lights should be on but at any other time is pointless. What Should be happening is people with licenses should have refresher courses either after ten years of driving or when they receive 6 points on their license.

C_W
Does anyone switch on headlights for overtaking? :D

Lol, I'm sure I've read in the past, something like saxo or 106 owners saying switching on your driving/fog lamps signalled your intent to "race" :)

I agree the DRLs can appear very bright, even if the wattage isn't that high. For the MK6 Golf the inner lamps are like open "main beam" lamps but with a normal 25watt indicator bulb, but because it's not dipped it is actually quite bright to look at. Subjectively normal dipped 55watt (or xenon) headlights are less "blinding".

hman205

How about the idiots that decide as soon as they enter the dual carriage way they must get in the outside lane while still only doing 35mph in a national because in about 2miles they want to go right at the round about?

My girlfriend has a silver Seat Leon and I thought the thing was cursed or something as everyone pulls out on it or just drives at you going to try driving with the lights on see if it makes a difference.

oz.
Lol, I'm sure I've read in the past, something like saxo or 106 owners saying switching on your driving/fog lamps signalled your intent to "race" :)

:lol: I must try this on the 306 to see if I get any reaction.

Funny how these threads descend into rants about sh/t drivers on the roads.

Veero
The pricks who get in the wrong lane, despite it being clearly marked, at roundabouts then try to cut you up on the exit without realising....WANKERS

I agree with all of your list, but if we put all those against the wall and shot them all the roads would be quiet again, woohoo!

I highlighted this one because it happens a lot to me on one particular roundabout now. Unless I am actually side by side with someone at the junction who I know I can blip past if they do decide to ignore the filter to the left lane I now hang back in case the dozy tossers do swing round. One particular example. 2 lane approach to a narrow roundabout, signs for 400yds every 100 yds saying left lane goes left ONLY and right straight on. Big fat landy with oversize tyres and snorkel so probably some superiority complex thing going on, swing across from the left completely cutting me up, have to jam on the anchors, give a long toot on the measly 205 horn, so what does he do? Stops, on the middle of the f***ing roundabout. Not wanting a dent in the front of my 205 I quickly find reverse and nip past him as the lumbering meathead blunders out of his drivers door, obviously oblivious to the signs and the needs of anyone else on the road. f***ing numpty.

However if I'd had my headlights on maybe he would have seen me and thought twice? Who knows, probably not though.

oz.

Roundabouts with stupid road markings. I worked out that if I stay in the outside lane leading up to this one roundabout that if I want to stay within the lines I go all the way around! The inside lane splits 3 times!

Cameron

Oooh! If we're doing this, here's mine! :)

The people who can't stick to one lane on roundabouts and feel the need to cut corners and drift over to your lane. - WANKERS

The people who blindly follow the car in front around traffic calming islands when you have right of way, causing you to have to come to a complete stop and wait for the selfish bastards to come round. - WANKERS (note: I just keep driving straight at them).

The people who sit in the middle lane in all conditions, and as soon as you overtake them and move over to the left, try to overtake you! - WANKERS

People who overtake you as you're coming up behind traffic in the left hand lane, and when there's room in the right hand lane for them to move over and let you out refuse to move over despite you indicating, and proceed to overtake you at a f***ing snail's pace causing you to brake and wait. - WANKERS

People who hog the middle lane, and as soon as they see a gap open in front of them feel they have to accelerate up to the next car in front in order to justify their existence in the middle lane, causing everyone in the right hand lane to bunch up. - WANKERS

People (generally old men) who accelerate when they see someone crossing the road to try and scare them off. - WANKERS

And MOST OF ALL:

People who can't reach the national speed limit, but as soon as they reach a residential area are perfectly happy to plough through at 45mph. - MASSIVE f***ING RETARD WANKERS

Edited by Cameron

welshpug

Indicating is not a signal of intent, it is a signal of a manoeuvre :D

but yes, agreed with the rest :)

swordfish210

I hate the traffic island tossers as well. I remember coming down a road that is littered with them in Chippenham and a taxi was coming the other way, it was my right of way (i was in my work van at the time) so i carried on but he tried to go as well. We both came to a stop in the middle of the road, head on and it looked like he wanted me to back up so i started revving the van and jerking it forward right up to his front bumper and he then (with a s*it scared look on his face) backed up so i could get past.

Before i went past i would my window down and yelled at him "Av some of that you f***ing prick!" It was a small moment of justice and hopefull it will make him thing twice before doing it again.

On that note, Taxi Drivers....WANKERS

Cameron

Overtaking is a manoeuvre though, and you're supposed to indicate before and during a manoeuvre, not just half way through it. Indicating before changing lanes lets anyone behind you know what your intentions are so that they can move over and give you space if possible. It's common courtesy to either move over, speed up or slow down (depending on where you are in relation to them) when you see someone indicating to pull out behind something travelling far slower than them, and don't forget you'll fail your test if your actions cause someone to brake unnecessarily. The people who choose to ignore the fact that there is a 3rd lane that they can move in to and just drift past you ignoring your presence and flashing lights are WANKERS.

Cameron

I had a similar experience to that, where a stream of cars were pulling out and I just carried on driving towards them.. This woman in an A-Class pulled out despite seeing me mere metres in front of her and we both came to a halt. She was shouting something at me and I just wound down my window, pointed to the "Oncoming vehicles have priority" sign next to us, and shouted "It's my right of way, YOU move!" Eventually she reversed back and I thanked her with some hand signals. :)

Richie

Every morning on the same roundabout i have the same problem.

Left hand lane is LEFT ONLY, and im in the middle waiting to go straight on. This morning a punto decided he didn't want to wait in the straight on que and wanted to beat me off the mark. Anyway he didn't get past.......and i felt overwhelmed with the urge to ram him. Its like a voice in my head was going RAM HIM RAM HIM RAM HIM. Anyway i didn't. Lane discipline on roundabouts is definately going down the pan and its bloody dangerous.

C_W
Every morning on the same roundabout i have the same problem.

Left hand lane is LEFT ONLY, and im in the middle waiting to go straight on. This morning a punto decided he didn't want to wait in the straight on que and wanted to beat me off the mark. Anyway he didn't get past.......and i felt overwhelmed with the urge to ram him. Its like a voice in my head was going RAM HIM RAM HIM RAM HIM. Anyway i didn't. Lane discipline on roundabouts is definately going down the pan and its bloody dangerous.

It's getting worse for two reasons IMO; general lane discipline is non existent for most people, the council/highways or whoever are painting confusing lanes and directions on roundabouts which adds to the problems. These lanes if you look at them make sense but are too difficult for the average driver to follow.

If anyone is familiar with where the M67 joins the M60 (Denton Roundabout) the lanes there "fan" out as you go round, so the lanes change at each quarter of the roundabout. If you follow them it works, but if you don't and cross (by staying in the same lane/"ring") them it causes problems, but 90% of people cross them, so you usually always end up having someone cut across you every times you use it. It's that difficult for some people (and also to be expected these days when someone cannot accept they get it wrong on the road or just don't even realise) that someone even wrote in to the local rag complaining how it is a problem for him then described how he uses the roundabout incorrectly so I couldn't help but write in to set him straight :D

SurGie

While we are on this subject >

People that DO NOT read the highway code book often enough or at all and then drive badly are all -- WANKERS.

It dont matter what car im in if i get any bullying from 4x4ers or vans or anyone else for that matter while im driving in accordance to the highway manual then i dont give them an inch. I often do left foot light on braking to give them a clue as to the tailgating they are doing, 9 times out of 10 it works. But if say im on a two lane road then il move over to let them pass as they might need to be in a rush for some good reason, each situation is different and I ant no road hog.

Don't get me started on roundabout lane crossing over and the fact the painted lanes wear out too quickly, the best thing i do is look out for what other drivers may do and counter act on it before there are any accidents. Then there's the lazy fuc8ers that cant be arsed to drive properly, i'm getting one of those LCD sentence thingies at the back so when some prick drives like a twat il have certain sentences saved, then all i do is with it is click a certain sentence & let them know what they did wrong and maybe they will learn something eh ?

BTW, after i voted against the UK having the lights on, this is the reply i got back from them >

George hello,

Thanks for your support

I fully agree VW (and Audi) seem to be able to depart from rational lighting specifications. When the new transport minister Philip Hammond has become established we are hoping to make representations – Norman Baker is one of his team and 2 years ago he sent us this:-

I thoroughly support your campaign against mandatory day-time lights on running vehicles. My observations of those cars, notably Volvo's, which routinely use such lights, is that they are both unnecessary and indeed dangerous, in that drivers misinterpret their meaning. The use of lights in this way would also be irresponsible, giving the waste of energy and the need to tackle climate change. I hope this helps.

Norman Baker MP Liberal Democrat Shadow Environment Secretary www.normanbaker.org.uk

:D

Edited by SurGie

GLPoomobile
i'm getting one of those LCD sentence thingies at the back so when some prick drives like a twat il have certain sentences saved, then all i do is with it is click a certain sentence & let them know what they did wrong and maybe they will learn something eh ?

Let me guess, "You're in the wrong lane IMO", "You're tailgating me IMO", "You have your lights on IMO" :huh:

SurGie

:huh:

You've just done it 3 times in one go and if you carry on il just have to make it a priority to put it on each post 4 times, imo :).

Actually it would be something like "IMO your in the wrong fuc7ing lane nincompoop" :P.