• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hothatch

Baz
I dispute this "6 seconds" claim.

I'm never timed my car to 60, but I don't think that it is anywhere nearly THAT quick?

Which gearbox?

Joshy
Which gearbox?

I just don't believe it is possible to get the power down for anything close to 6 seconds. High sixes seem more believable...

dcc

not quite aure if you are right there joshy. I have driven 3 gti6 205's and all of them pulled very hard and when driven properly could reach their potential low or even flat 6's. as stated. a 306 rallye = 6.9, not knock off 1/5 of the weight of the car and you will be a fair bit quicker!

brumster

One thing better about the BE1 is the clutch pedal end - a proper pin in it, unlike the plastic loop-over-and-fall-off-if-you-lift-the-clutch-pedal-upwards effort on the BE3 ;)

You learn that one the hard way once, and only once :D

KRISKARRERA

That 6.9 figure for the 306 Rallye was just a very good attempt by Evo mag, the official Pug figure wouldn't have been that quick.

welshpug

indeed you're right kris, it was about 8.2 :lol:

they tested it laden to cheat the insurers :ph34r:

zebedy101

I'm sure low 6's are a good estimate. Putting the power down isn't too hard it's just getting the launch right and a decent set of tyres, although in the wet there's no chance. My old Rover Vi would pull 60 in 7.2 and the 205 is far quicker off the mark and through the rev range.

The only way to solve it really would be down a drag strip with a proper timing device... Any volunteers?

16v205
The only way to solve it really would be down a drag strip with a proper timing device... Any volunteers?

Ive got a proper gps timing device accurate to within a tenth :ph34r:, Im up for a meet towards end of May or after as my cars not on the road at the minute.

Just to add my little bit Ive had a few cars timed, my last standard mi16 in full road trim ran 6.44s 0-60 on a 1.6 gearbox at longmarston.

My current car although a gti-6 is modified so not really comparable. I ran it at santapod last summer on a 1.9 gearbox and timed it at:

Run	MPH	Time(s)	Distance(m)		
3	0.00	0	0.00		Speed Start
3	10.00	0.76	1.85		Speed Line
3	20.00	1.54	7.09		Speed Line
3	30.00	2.33	15.96		Speed Line
3	40.00	3.49	34.49		Speed Line
3	50.00	4.36	52.14		Speed Line
3	60.00	5.40	77.75		Speed Line
3	70.00	7.03	125.45		Speed Line
3	80.00	8.56	176.70		Speed Line
3	90.00	10.34	244.66		Speed Line
3	100.00	13.03	358.43		Speed End

Rich

Alastairh

I had timing gear on my 205 GTi6 back in the day. It did it in 5.5 seconds. Decide what ever you want from that, but it was a quick car.

Im sure CW had similar readings professionally from his 205 Mi16?

Al

zebedy101

I have been thinking about organising a Santapod meet for a while, it would be good to see just how different setups compare and also terrorise some more expensive machinery. I know the quarter mile isn't to everyones taste but i think it would be a good day out?

Daviewonder

That would be good, Im up for it :ph34r:

Baz

Yes, there's a RWYB day coming up anyway iirc!

hothatch
Yes, there's a RWYB day coming up anyway iirc!

Yes I like the idea of this!

Baz I've been trying to mail you , ever so sorry to mess you about bud but I managed to source one a lot closer to home.

Thanks for your time anyway

Ben

Cameron

As much as drag racing is for girls, I wouldn't mind having a go. :ph34r:

James_m

I believe Evo and the like do their tests 2 up with a full tank of fuel then repeat the runs in each direction to make an average, so its not suprising they can be beaten by us with no passengers and petrol light on. 0 to 60 is useless anyway, standing quarter or 0 to 100 is far more informative.

Nice one on the 13secs to 100 16v205, cant be far off E46 M3 acceleration!

CaptainK
As much as drag racing is for girls, I wouldn't mind having a go. :P

I want to have a go sometime as well, mainly to find out how quick my car actually is. Like most of the people in this thread I have a modded 16v 205 and on the road it feels rather quick. But I don't know how quick and it'd be nice to find out what it can do. :o

evskigti6

im a proper boy racer (even thow im nearly 30) im very childish i know, i'v actualy had trafic light drag

races with e46 m3 and a civic type r and my 205 gti6 was dead level with the m3(for argument sake) maybe a little quicker, and considerably faster than said civic, so i would suggest under 6 seconds. this is a standard engine with a

power-flow exhaust and no airfilter :ph34r:

Baz
Baz I've been trying to mail you , ever so sorry to mess you about bud but I managed to source one a lot closer to home.

Thanks for your time anyway

Ben

Right ok, obviously not very hard! i would've apreciated a PM or call considering you have my number too. So much for the deposit etc too! :ph34r:

hothatch
Right ok, obviously not very hard! i would've apreciated a PM or call considering you have my number too. So much for the deposit etc too! :)

No it wasn't an excuse bud, the internet on my phones been playing up , sorted now.

Like I said, I'm sorry to have messed you around but I had to think of me , I managed to find a good one close to home.

So no hard feelings yeah. Thanks

Baz

Yeah no worries, 200miles is a bit of a trek! :)

hothatch

cheers baz glad you understand mate, really felt bad when you seen me as a time waster lol.

glad we all square now.

200miles was a treck, but was an option so thanks any way.