• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hothatch

Cameron
Depends which gearbox you are using really 1.6 gearbox will give you more acceleration but less top end. I'm using the xsara vts 5 speed box and I think 60 is about 6 seconds.

No way, there's pretty much nothing in the first 2 gears on a 1.6 or GTi6 'box, so they should be near enough identical from 0-60! In fact the GTi6 'box has lower 3rd, 4th and 5th ratios than the 1.6 'box so I'd say the acceleration would be marginally better. Oh and it has an extra gear. :lol:

hothatch
No way, there's pretty much nothing in the first 2 gears on a 1.6 or GTi6 'box, so they should be near enough identical from 0-60! In fact the GTi6 'box has lower 3rd, 4th and 5th ratios than the 1.6 'box so I'd say the acceleration would be marginally better. Oh and it has an extra gear. :lol:

Power to weight does make a difference though not just the ratios,

A 306 rallye does slightly better due to weight ;)

Cameron

I'm not actually talking about the 306. :lol:

That ^^^ is based on the same engine with the same rev limit and the same size wheels, on the same car.

hothatch
I'm not actually talking about the 306. :lol:

That ^^^ is based on the same engine with the same rev limit and the same size wheels, on the same car.

My mistake ! I miss understood u ! My bad :L

harryskid
My mistake ! I miss understood u ! My bad :L

Texing again

:lol:

DrSarty
Tex(t)ing again

Good on you Harry.

Note that it's "you" and not "u"; "your" or "you're" and not "ur".

Together we can crack it. :lol:

Cameron

It's one word. Relax you two, at least he's trying.

Tom Fenton

Yes, couldn't agree more. Lay off him, he has taken criticism in a positive manner and is obviously trying to adapt to the ways of this forum. Give the lad a break.

hothatch

Thank YOU Cameron and Thank YOU Tom ! when you have the mrs texting you when your busy in work it becomes second nature for a quick reply to get her off your back lol ! :)

thanks again

Edited by hothatch

jeremy

This thread has made me laugh for all the wrong reasons ie lessons on not using text speak, however I will take my hat of to you hothatch for taking it very well. Probably the reason we do not use text speak comes down to two things. One there are a few foreign people who use this site who make a great effort to type English to a high standard, and more importantly most of us are too old to learn something new. :)

Edited by jeremy

boldy205

LOL! (runs away!)

DrSarty

I like this HotHatch guy.

You can have a pint on me if we meet up, just for the grammar grief. I often come over for the Welsh meets. Perhaps it's the sheep? :)

hothatch

lol it is rather funny i think! thanks , i fully understand what you are saying thats why i am trying to adapt ! of course it is an every day thing for me to speak text language , i bet its a load of jibba jabber too those who dont understand it. i fully understand lol

thanks a lot.

hothatch

haha grammer greif ! nice one :) you just wouldnt beleive how hard im finding it not too use text language !! ;) i never actually tried not too ! i sometimes fill in my job cards in work with it haha !!

pint sounds good, especailly a free one ;)

you wont like sheep when they write off your pride and joy hahah !!

thanks

steve@cornwall

I prefer the BE3 over the BE1 as it does away with the weak clutch arm and silly rod on the BE1. Don't use mine in anger, but would assume it this to be 2 problems worth eliminating.

Daviewonder

I like the Be3 as Im lazy and its less effort to put it into reverse :)

hothatch

yeah just what i thought to be honest , that is lazy :) !

so what do i have to do to the gear selecters to adapt them to a be3 box ? answers much appreciated

thanks

Daviewonder

I don't think you need to do anything do you?

steve@cornwall
yeah just what i thought to be honest , that is lazy :) !

so what do i have to do to the gear selecters to adapt them to a be3 box ? answers much appreciated

thanks

Nothing at all - they're interchangeable ;) you want to also use the BE3 clutch pedal, cable and ideally the gear knob and gear stick

Anthony

Gear linkages stay the same. You need to swap the clutch pedal, cable, and release bearing. Removing the lift-up collar and cable optional.

(Some early BE1 car have a different fitment where the cable goes into the pedal box, so you'll either need to modify the hole, or swap the pedal box for a late BE1/BE3 item)

hothatch

thats great people thanks thats all i wanted to know haha !!

so i will be fitting the be3 box to my gti6 lump, phase 2 clutch pedal, phase 2 clutch cable, stick and knob.

job done !!! thanks a lot :)

Joshy

I dispute this "6 seconds" claim.

I'm never timed my car to 60, but I don't think that it is anywhere nearly THAT quick?

welshpug

stock 306 Rallye does it in about 6.9, make it smaller and 250 kilos lighter and call it a 205....

hothatch

im not sure , they are pretty level with civic type rs (k20) at santa pod, they do it in around 6 secs, but like i said , im not sure :)