• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hothatch

hothatch

Hya people, I'm new 2 the forum and I'm jus starting a restoration of a phase 1 and intend fitting the gti6 lump, jus wondering wat sort of 0-60 times u people with them engines fitted have had ?

I'm havin trouble searching topics and dnt want 2 annoy n e 1 with questions that have been asked a million times lol :P ! So if sum cud jus shed sum light on one little question I have about the wiring I wud be more than greatful !!!

Thanks , ben.

zebedy101

Depends which gearbox you are using really 1.6 gearbox will give you more acceleration but less top end. I'm using the xsara vts 5 speed box and I think 60 is about 6 seconds.

welshpug
flame_suit.jpg

Baz

3.2 seconds.

MrG

LOL

any chance you could drop the text speak please.

hothatch
Depends which gearbox you are using really 1.6 gearbox will give you more acceleration but less top end. I'm using the xsara vts 5 speed box and I think 60 is about 6 seconds.

Thanks mate ! 6 seconds is a very respectible time , I ll more than likly be using a 1900 box shud be spot on for where I live as its only a bit of road fun for me.

Another question I've got a phase 1 which has the lift reverse mechanism (forgot the code) is it possible 2 change this to the BE3 box ?

Thank u very much for ur time . Ben

Baz

Yes, Be1 to Be3 is possible.

Did you read the rules and guidelines before signing up here? As above, 'txt spk' is not allowed, and aquaint yourself with the search function, it's very useful. :P

Pugnut

Please do not use txt spk. its against forum rules

and to the others , if it isn't constructive don't bother.

Baz
flame_suit.jpg

Your hands are going to get fried!!! :P

Edited by Baz

hothatch
Your hands are going to get fried!!! :P

Thanks baz !

Sorry pugnut I am trying too get to grips with the forum will improve the way I write :)

Baz what do you mean my hands are goin to get fried ! ?

Pugnut
Thanks baz !

Sorry pugnut I am trying too get to grips with the forum will improve the way I write :P

Baz what do you mean my hands are goin to get fried ! ?

asking such a question along with text speak meant for certain you were going to get flamed. The lack of gloves reply is obvious

Tom Fenton
Sorry pugnut I am trying too get to grips with the forum will improve the way I write :P

Well done for taking the comments on board. You will find you get much more response and help on this forum if you just take 2 secs to type in proper language.

MrG

yes welcome aboard.

Why do you want to use a be3 over the be1?

hothatch

Thanks guys will definatly sort my text talk out !

I don't really know why I want too use the BE3 to be honest, lots of my mates who do rallying seem to always swap them over for sum reason, an just think its a better system in my opinion?

Am I wrong ? Thanks

Baz

Be1's bushes for the selector arms seem to wear badly (well, worse than Be3's) causing a bit more play in the gear lever. Also, simpler clutch cable/actuation arrangement, and easier to get in reverse in a hurry IMO.

DrSarty

That's me in the flamesuit BTW.

And I agree with Tom and commend our new member for adapting so quickly. We're a happy, friendly bunch; but like cats, there is a right and wrong way to stroke us. B)

:D

Wheel size will also affect your 0-60, but these cars are more about the overall package of handling, average speed, hoon-reward and character.

Welcome to 'Flamesuits R Us'. :(

hothatch

yes i know your all a friendly bunch thats why i joined haha ! also a very knowlegable bunch to B)

yeah that seems to make sense , i had the be3 setup in my phase 2 i had and i found it was a nice simple system.

what do u have to change to use the be3 setup, obviously i ll be mating the be3 box to the gti6 so the clutch arm setup will automaticly be changed i will fitting a new clutch cable so i will pick one up for a phase 2> so its jus the linkage i need some advice on.

much appreicated people. thanks. :D

welshpug

if it works fine at the moment then I'd leave it alone, nothing wrong with a good BE1 B)

hothatch

appreicate the comment welsh pug ! but the cars in bits ! and the be1 box is all puffed out ! B)

Daviewonder

I think you'll have to use a 1.9 Mi16 clutch too mate B)

hothatch

yes thanks davie, i will be using an mi clutch, i need advice on the gear linkages more than any thing. thanks.

zebedy101

I wouldn't worry about the 0-60 times too much really putting a gti6 engine in it's going to be fast, I have learnt that getting all the suspension sorted and make sure all the bushes are nice and fresh, all the little parts that are prone to wear will make it a much more worth while conversion and the overall result will be a much more rewarding fun car to have.

hothatch

fair comment, im not one of these figure freaks i was just curious of a round a bout time really.

yes you are spot on, exactly what i found when i done my last project, now the engine is out i will renew (like you said) i will be renewing every part that is prone too wear, clutch cable, bottom arms, droplinks, rod ends and so on. its just not worth doing otherwise isit.

thanks

i want to be a proud owner of a 205 with no clunks ! as i have been before. wins people over when they realsise the time spent.

boldy205

I think 6ish seconds is about right, theres a lot of variables, such as tyre, gearing, condition of tarmac, weight of car, speedo accuracy, etc, even more if you look at the mods a drag racer will make to thier car. With a 167 brake, and a good chassis setup in a 205 you will find that with good driving you will show up a whole host of exotic turbo stuff!

hothatch
I think 6ish seconds is about right, theres a lot of variables, such as tyre, gearing, condition of tarmac, weight of car, speedo accuracy, etc, even more if you look at the mods a drag racer will make to thier car. With a 167 brake, and a good chassis setup in a 205 you will find that with good driving you will show up a whole host of exotic turbo stuff!

Yes very right , looking foward to getting it all up and running now , gona be good fun.

Thanks