• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Another Bent 205 ....

jackherer
I also checked with Heritage and Adrian Flux today about a renewal, both said the new policy would cost an extra £25 over this year's cost which is not too bad is it.

That sounds too good to be true, keep us posted as insurance companies have a history of shafting people and getting their cash back eventually.

MerlinGTI
just to clarify, I am with Heritage at the moment, not AF, although they were very good and helpful.

My bad :) Still glad your not getting messed about though :P

Atari Boy

Thread about required parts HERE.

If anyone can help with parts, (apart from Carl, Nat and Seb, who have already helped loads) then please let me know.

Pugnut

i see you are looking for two headlamp panels and the cross bracing. this is effectively a complete front panel. I just bought one via autofive (stupid i know), but they arent expensive if you go direct to the pattern parts manafacturers.

Al

Carl Chambers

better to have genuine panels from the headlight/front as non gen ones rust like hell!

zebedy101

Do you want me to price up the front panels at work Jonny?

Tom Fenton

To do a proper repair what you need is a spot welder. I have one that is currently on loan with a mate based near Brackley Northants. If you want to borrow it to do a proper job of the 205 I'm sure it could be arranged.

Atari Boy
To do a proper repair what you need is a spot welder. I have one that is currently on loan with a mate based near Brackley Northants. If you want to borrow it to do a proper job of the 205 I'm sure it could be arranged.

Thanks Tom, that is really kind. I am sorted though as Carl is doing the repair and has all the tools etc.

Atari Boy

MINI UPDATE: work has now started on the repair, we found some rust behind the o/s headlamp panel so this is being made good whilst we wait for the new n/s headlamp panel.

I have now been paid by the insurance company as well, two and half weeks from crash to cheque is not too bad at all.

Edp
MINI UPDATE: work has now started on the repair, we found some rust behind the o/s headlamp panel so this is being made good whilst we wait for the new n/s headlamp panel.

I have now been paid by the insurance company as well, two and half weeks from crash to cheque is not too bad at all.

Blimey they pulled there finger out!

Atari Boy

It's getting there....

25c84887.jpg

N/S headlamp panel replaced, O/S headlamp panel made good, lower panel bent back into shape.

All exterior plastics have had two coats of platicare, wing due in from Peugeot on Monday (they don't make phase 1.5 wings anymore, so early non repeater lamp version will be adapted). Bonnets in my garage ready to be delivered to Carl's.

Edited by Atari Boy

zebedy101

Carls made an awesome job of that it looks great.

Pugnut

ironically, it'll probably be better post acident and you'll be quids in too.

good work!

Atari Boy

Well it's coming on nicely.

Before

987600d1.jpg

After

3f4cc5a5.jpg

swordfish210

Looks great :)

Atari Boy

Very nearly there, we just need to fit one of the rear lights, fix all the badges on, fit the AFM and get an MOT and engineers report then it should be back on the road.

2a47e199.jpg

Before

photo-12.jpg

After

179b9149.jpg

It is very red!

zebedy101

I refuse to park next to you anymore Jonny. Mine will look so rotten in comparison.

RossD

Excellent :) Nice work there.

Edited by RossD

wildejon

That is great to see, nice work :)

BusEngineer

Looks great :) quick turnaround too

All Praise The GTI

good job mate. cant wait to see it again :)

Atari Boy

Right, there at last, the plan is collect the car tomorrow. The insurance has been bit of a pain.

Shopping about, Flux would not give agreed value anymore which I really want.

Looks like I will be sticking with Heritage who will give me an agreed value.

All Praise The GTI

have you tried sky? there were great with my white 205. agreed value and like for like on mods :rolleyes: will probably be reusing them for the black one shortly

Atari Boy

I hadn't tried Sky but now have, seem good but could not give agreed value as car is cat D.

Otherwise, thew quote was quite good.

welshpug

surely if repaired its not cat D any more?