• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Another Bent 205 ....

Atari Boy

photo-12.jpg

Not a good morning, particularlly as I was on my way to Cadwell.

qwerty

oh man! ouch!

what happened?

Daviewonder

Sorry to hear this mate :D

Is it bad bad or just panels?

pugdamo
:D Not good,hopefully you'll get it sorted and be back on the road soon

Alfie
:D Deja feckin doo! real sorry for you mate and as I found out, doesn't really matter who's fault it was, still hurts like mad. Hope you get it fixed soon. :( Edited by Alfie

DrSarty

Eeek! :D

I'm assuming you didn't get reversed into at speed?

Hopefully no-one was hurt, which is the main thing. Metal and plastic can be fixed quite quickly. Pride takes a little longer.

Atari Boy

Thanks chap, good point Rich, no one is hurt, only my pride, my fault alas.

Locked up in the wet, bam, hello Merc hire car.

I hope the chasis leg is okay, I have agreed value but I will let you know how I get on.

DrSarty
I have agreed value but I will let you know how I get on.

Please do.

And who with BTW? I need agreed value for a mod'd car soon. (Sorry for the OT wander.)

Atari Boy

I am with Heritage, a claim is where an insurance company shows how good they are, fingers crossed.

All Praise The GTI

stil cant belive this. gutted for you mate

like i said ive got a couple front bumpers and a valance in the garage if you need them and possibly a bonnet :rolleyes:

Atari Boy

Thanks Nat, I might take you up on the offer.

The car is with Carl so he is getting an insurance quote together.

Once I hear back from them I can move forward I hope.

I think an insurance company will do work up to 75-80% of a cars value, is that correct chaps?

MrG

no idea TBH but did you not stay for the Cadwell day or did you depart early?

Richie

Gutted for you mate, at least there are no injuries. :(

Atari Boy

I am not going to let a bent 205 spoil a few days away.

I am as I type in the Green Man Andrew for the second night running ....

zebedy101

How is it tonight? Did they turn the lights on for you this time?

Atari Boy

The place is rocking mate, okay not totally true, we are only ones in here but the beer is good and the landlord has warmed up.

MrG

the landlord is warming up? You sure? Hows the dog?

Enjoy the beer and the company Jonny. We'll sort another date up there in the summer.

Atari Boy

An insurance assessor is going to look at the car on Monday; I have a really nasty feeling that they will write it off, it has an agreed value of £2500 at the moment (although Heritage and I agreed last week that it would go up to £3000 from 1st of April). We have not investigated fully but it needs at least:

Bonnet

Bumper

Headlight and indicator

Grille

Radiator

Wing and inner wing

Probably an alternator

Slam panel

All that could easily cost £1000 in parts at a body shop then we have labour...

We left the Green Man at 12:45 last night so life is not all bad although i am not very confused about what is the best thing to do if written off, buy back and repair or buyback, strip and start over. I am very attached to the car but how will things be affected it it becomes a Cat C?

will.m

My car was a Cat C write off, back in december, i just bought the car back, got it repaired and i haven't had any problems. Though i'm not sure if you're supposed to declare it back on the road or anything.

ALEX

It'll help if you get an independent quote first before the approved assessor looks at it.

The assesor is usually an appointment at an approved garage (if it's drivable) or one that comes over for a fee charged to your insurance.

They make far too much money as they don't need to compete with other garages and will decide they're not fixing as it's old so will quote a large repair bill to avoid doing the work.

I went down with much less damage than that to the approved garage with my own quote from another garage, (I'll find the topic) and they said straight up we're not fixing it.

It must be more effort to fix older cars. I even said I had a quote for £600 (£900 less than valued) his reply was "our quote will be much more than that"

The third party Insurance (as it wasn't my fault) phoned me to say it's a write off as expected, so I told them about a cheaper quote I previously got.

They said they'd be happy to let me do that as an option and keep it off the books as a write off.

An inspector came round to check it out and even offered me the lump sum he worked out to fix it, which was a little more than I was quoted.

But he said I'd have no come backs if it was fixed badly. So I decided to let them sort it all out at the garage I got a quote from.

If I hadn't have got an independent quote first though , the car would be down as a write off for a broken rear valance, bumper, tail light, rear quarter trim and a tiny bit of painting.

Jamesy

Hate to see a 205 like this. Hope you get sorted soon.

MrG

as long as the shell is straight and not out of kilter then the Category given (if reasonable) would not really be an issue as far as I can see. After all it is now mainly a car to use on the track and as long as it can still perform this safely then a buy back and repair must be a worthy consideration.

Atari Boy

Thanks Alex, very useful info.