• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eob

Top Speed Of A 205 Mi16

Paul_13

I don't think people realise how much their speedo over reads sometimes, my dturbo is out by 10mph above 50mph.

My mates redtop Nova (Chav wagon) apparently does '155mph' I said bollocks your speedo's out, he still doesn't get the picture :P

Cameron

My speedo is so far out it's not even funny. It reads a good 10-15% over what my GPS says. :P

Baz

I'll second that, especially on newer cars, i often find myself going much quicker through speed cameras than others because i actually know how fast i'm going. Hence i also get very annoyed with people mincing through 30/40 limits at 5-10mph under...

jackherer

I agree about ambitious speedos but there are exceptions, my '02 C5 speedo is almost spot on, no more than 1 or 2 mph over even at high speed compared to my GPS. All other cars I've been in are at least 5-10mph out. It leaves a lot less margin for error when going through speed cameras etc...

Cameron

My Mondeo is only about 5% out, not too bad. :lol:

shimmey69

hi there

well i have had 143mph on my mi16 with mi box that was 3 up on a nice private road. this is Garmin GPS verified as i was off the clock when the gps was reading 125 odd. this was hitting the limiter in 5th

GeorgeXS
I don't think people realise how much their speedo over reads sometimes, my dturbo is out by 10mph above 50mph.

My mates redtop Nova (Chav wagon) apparently does '155mph' I said bollocks your speedo's out, he still doesn't get the picture :)

Yeah my mate is convinced his 1.2 Stilo reaches 140mph, and the speedo does show that but its nearer 100-110

Baz

Been driving one of my Mi16's recently, indicating 123ish MPH at rev limit, x4 ecu so supposedly 7400rpm but shows on the gauge as 7200ish, in fifth.

4.4 FD Ratio.

Mr_E

I need to check the CWP in the box thats in my pug, previous history says that its had a 1.6 gearbox fitted, but ive had 1.6's that have gone faster.

1.9 GTi, 195/50/15 tyres only reads 110mph at 6000rpm, obviously it gets there quite quickly.

1.6 GTi with gravel tyres, 4.8cwp used to get 105mph at 6700rpm.

Had a 1.9 GTi in the past that went to Skips for a bit of work. While it was there they checked the CWP and that was a 3.6cwp. Even they didnt know what it was from. It did something like 70 in 2nd, 105 in 3rd, 140 in 4th and 150+ in 5th. Never did have it flat out.

Will be getting a standard box back in this car though, its far to low for general road use.

Cheers

Paul

brumster

Had mine just approaching the limiter at Caerwent (limiter at 8200, so say about 8000). On 15's, 4.4 final drive, hybrid box (so 5th is a gti6 5th gear), my calcs have it at 128mph. Suffice to say it got there with no problem; I'm geared very short compared to a normal 1.9 or mi16 box.

pug309twin40s

my goodwood when i first got it with mi16 engine on mi16 box went well of the clock and was still pulling until i backed of.

Cameron

Mine went round the clock once, estimated 600mph.

bennett418

My old 8v 1.9 had 137mph

Edited by bennett418