• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eob

Top Speed Of A 205 Mi16

eob

Has anyone verified it with GPS?

welshpug

which gearbox? what size wheels? what rev limit + Power output?

how big are your balls?

RHULPUG

Completely depends on the gearbox:-

1.6 / 1.9 / Mi16 / Diesel?

Batfink

My mi16 with mi16 gearbox went off the clock so pretty fast top speed

Daviewonder
how big are your balls?

pecan nut size, now lets get back on topic :D

Tesstuff
Completely depends on the gearbox:-

1.6 / 1.9 / Mi16 / Diesel?

Not true at all, the wheel size and tyre profile have a huge bearing on top speed.

Welshpug is right :D

DrSarty

And whether the back seats are folded down. :D

blessed6383

true on wheels size and did u take a dump before? lol

mine went off the clock so god knows

Edited by blessed6383

jackherer

With 195/50-15 tyres and a 1600 gearbox 7200rpm works out to about 136mph but the speedo is beyond 140 by that point. They will pull to the rev limiter in fifth with 1600 and Mi16 gearboxes so the top speed is easy to calculate, I'm not so sure about 1.9 boxes, they may run out of power before revs with them.

Alfie
And whether the back seats are folded down. ;)

Ahh! but if the boots open...Turboed :D:(

welshpug

my standard 1.9 8 valve will sit on the 6600 limiter on 195 50's :D

my standard gti6 engine wont hit the limiter in 5th on MI16 ratios, gets to 6800 odd, 195 50's again.

KRISKARRERA

I've a vague memory of Miles telling me he hit the rev limiter in 5th in my car and the speedo was showing 150, which actually isn't as crazy as it sounds if this was down downhill. 20mph per 1000rpm in 5th X 7.4 (7400rpm) = 148mph + the overreading speedometer.

mr_exe

Dont know as the speedo ran out of numbers before the engine ran out puff!

yeti-dj

ran out off road, speedo and balls before i got to the limiter with an mi16 on 1.9 box...girlfriend will never tell me again that i drive slowly, haha.....

jackherer
my standard gti6 engine wont hit the limiter in 5th on MI16 ratios, gets to 6800 odd, 195 50's again.

Thats surprising, what car is that in?

maxi

Ive pulled the rev limiter in 5th (6th on the gti6 box) on std mi management 7200RPM with 1600, 1900, mi and GTi6 gearboxes.

I have seen 7800RPM (revs to 8200RPM) in 5th on my 241BHP 2.4 GTi6 on omex with a xsara VTS box. My mates sat nav read 143MPH when I came humping past him. All on a private testing ground of course.

Maxi

maxi
my standard 1.9 8 valve will sit on the 6600 limiter on 195 50's :rolleyes:

Thats because the cam timing is wrong and set up for towing and having mid range around tescos car park.

Maxi

welshpug

no, its set for pulling out of corners when I'm not screaming along at 7450 rpm :rolleyes:

(AKA standard)

maxi
no, its set for pulling out of corners when I'm not screaming along at 7450 rpm :rolleyes:

(AKA standard)

What in 5th gear at 2000RPM????? Horses for courses and all that, couldnt resist a little rip! Sorry!

Maxi

bluesleeper

My standard 1.6 gti would sit on the limiter down the local by-pass and read 125 on the speedo,

I'm hoping my blown mi16 will sit on the limiter too! (heads off to garage to crack on)

My friends mi would do about 145 on the speedo so I would say looking at the other comments thats about right

dodsworth_gti

i dicovered mine after it had been sat for a while,serviced it and took it for a mot,he said emisions were still to high even for a non cat car which was odd,but he said he would give me time to go give it a hounding and it passed so ..........

speedlines wrapped in 195 50 michelins

a good healthy mi16 that did 150.1 on trusting rolling road

1600 gearbox

stripped and caged

according to my satnav it was doing 134 banging on the limiter,but it did pull straight there asif it was in 3rd,left it there for maybe 2 secs to chack satnav wasnt behind then brought her back down nice and gentle

dcc

gti6 with a 1.6 box sat at 142mph along a private road. that was touching the limiter in 5th

Cameron

Some theoretical top speeds for you..

GTi6 'box and 7.25K limit on 185/55/14 = 152.3 mph

GTi6 'box and 7.25K limit on 195/50/15 = 157.0 mph

1.6 'box and 7.25K limit on 185/55/14 = 135.2 mph

1.6 'box and 7.25K limit on 195/50/15 = 139.4 mph

Bear in mind that that's assuming the rolling radius is the same as the tyre circumference, which it isn't. The real top speeds will be lower than these by about 5%.

according to my satnav it was doing 134 banging on the limiter,but it did pull straight there asif it was in 3rd,left it there for maybe 2 secs to chack satnav wasnt behind then brought her back down nice and gentle

Sounds about right!

Edited by Cameron

zebedy101

My speedo broke at 141mph so I can't be too sure on mine plus I don't trust the speedo accuracy. Carl Chambers had a gps reading of 150mph down the back straight at marham. gti6 engine with gti6 box.

MrG

last year the wind behind made many go off the clock down that straight.

However what is the point of a high top speed these days as you have nowhere to exploit it (apart from on track and even then there are limiting factors). Mid range is where it counts in today's congested roads.