• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
zebedy101

Gti6 Dyno Results What Figures Are We All Getting?

taylorspug
IMO that'd be at the fly rather then the wheels to be quite honest.

Yeah you are right Baz its a flywheel figure. Mine made 187hp on the same rollers as Andys, theres a graph in my project thread. TOTD rollers are pretty accurate tbh, hence the seemingly 'low' figure compared to other places. But as already mentioned the mapping is spot on and at very reasonable money. My car had a pretty good base map on it, but even so i thought just over £100 for an hour and a half was really good value. I did go up with a mate though and we had the rollers for the whole morning (most of which was spent on his car!) which may have made it a bit cheaper for me.

badj
how many torques Cameron?

please don't pluralise torque, its the one thing clarkson does that annoys me and it may sound anal but i hate it.

torque isn't a 'unit' (N-m or ft/lb are units) and should only be pluralised where there are multiple moments involved (although difficult to explain).

Don't mean to be anal or patronising, I just really really hate it. :lol:

Matt Holley

Mine made 150bhp ATW with carbs and maniflow manifold

180bhp ATW with Newmans ph2 cams and bigger jets in the carbs.

Hoping to have a figure soon with bodies and the 2.1 bottom end.

Cameron

That is quite incredibly anal. ;)

Even as an engineer I find "torques" funny, brighten up! :)

badj
That is quite incredibly anal. ;)

Even as an engineer I find "torques" funny, brighten up! :)

its from the last 2 seasons of Top Gear hearing Clarkson say it. I'm in the middle of an engineering degree so I take it all too seriously at the mo. :P

(have to say that it does annoy me that whatever someone says on TV people take for gospel, so I try to quash the bull** before it catches on :) )

Cameron

You have to realise that it's all just an act, and then don't take it seriously. Don't think of it as a factual car programme, that disappeared years ago! It's more of a comedy series now, like Peep Show or something, they all play characters. Once you realise that you can start finding it funny again. :P

There was a bloke on my course in the 2nd year that thought Clarkson meant all of the stuff he said, and got absolutely infuriated if you even mentioned him. :lol:

Edited by Cameron

badj
You have to realise that it's all just an act, and then don't take it seriously. Don't think of it as a factual car programme, that disappeared years ago! It's more of a comedy series now, like Peep Show or something, they all play characters. Once you realise that you can start finding it funny again. :P

There was a bloke on my course in the 2nd year that thought Clarkson meant all of the stuff he said, and got absolutely infuriated if you even mentioned him. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love top gear and think Clarkson is a god, but I just hate the 'torques' thing!!

Baz

Who gives a crap, we all know what we mean.

Yes, DD rollers are the shibizzle.

Batfink

Are Gti-6 engines much more responsive to throttlebodies than the Mi16? the fly figures seem much better. Most i've seen on a standard Mi16 at the fly was 176bhp, 140something at the wheels

Thats about 4 cars done on i think the same DD rollers including my old engine. That made 190 odd bhp on another rolling road with the previous owner so I know how subjective this type of topic can be. I certainly was really disappointed until I accepted that on the road it was a rather fast car ;D

Don't get me wrong, I love top gear and think Clarkson is a god, but I just hate the 'torques' thing!!

Clarkson does it to wind you up :unsure::mellow:

andyjstone

So have you got a thing about horses as well??

kate205gti

gti6192graph.jpg

on TBs with emerald

kate205gti

gti6stdm16graph.jpg

and compared to mi16 engine on same TBs with emerald :unsure: both engines were bog standard

andyjstone
and compared to mi16 engine on same TBs with emerald :unsure: both engines were bog standard

They both look very spiky at the top end, is that normal, I thought the idea was to get it smooth?

Cameron

That's just Emerald's s*it equipment. :unsure:

Their readout is very sensitive to noise, so if you have a loud car you always get that spike at the top. I'd say if you averaged out the peaks it would be more like 187bhp.

welshpug

That's a fair bit more torque from just 100cc extra displacement!

Garry

Mine made:

187 bhp @ Fly

145 ATW

137lb/ft

At PTS in Luton a couple of years ago.

Fly figure seems high, the ATW figure seems reasonable.

badj
So have you got a thing about horses as well??

:lol: no, if someone said 'horsepowers' tho..... :P

anyway, less of the thread highjack... :)

Miles

As said Emeralds roller's do that, It's one of those thing's.

to add mine was 141 ft lb's at 5100rpm.

So the bodies and large valves give's a fair increase more in the way of torque by the looks of it

KRISKARRERA
That's a fair bit more torque from just 100cc extra displacement!
Surely the extra 93ccs alone are not responsible for that much extra torque and power? It's the differences in the GTI6 head and cam too isn't it?

welshpug

precisely my point!

Cameron

Which is why mine made a significant improvement over an Mi16. :)

It's also down to the better inlet and exhaust manifolds.

28CRAIG

One of mine a 1760cc bottom end with gti6 head and manifolds on a crap map and and exhaust.

th_RR-RESULT004.jpg

Batfink

did you not get your car remapped in the end Craig?

28CRAIG
did you not get your car remapped in the end Craig?

We done a bit on the cold start and the fueling up to 4k but then had a coolant pipe issue on the manifold that involved lots of smoke and a small fire so that will be the last time i plumb in the coolant pipes like a 8v with the 6 manifold. So have not really done much to it since then just been sorting a few bits out on it, then the bodies will be going on before any more mapping.