• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugnut

Average Age Of 205 Enthusiasts ?

How old are you.  

559 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Marshall

31, gutted :)

Only had the Pug 6 weeks or so at the moment so wouldn't say I'm an enthusiast just yet. The fact that I've fixed it several times means I may be getting that way though, normally if a car goes wrong I just sell it on.....

mattl

im 19 and have a 1600 gti which i am currently doing a gti6 conversion.....almost there :)

Edited by mattl

Baz
im 19 and have a 1600 gti which i am currently doing a gti6 conversion.....almost there :P

Good luck insuring that! :)

TU_Later
31 but had it since I was 19 ;)

Hopefully that means i'll still have mine at 31 then!

TU_Later
Good luck insuring that! ;)

haha.. he wont.

a mate of mine used to drive his '1.6 gti' V6 205.. How he never wrote it off and got shafted in the backside i'll never know!

timb1046

I'm 22 going on 23 in the not too distant future, I've had my 1.9 for 2 years now. and its most of the way through an MI16 conversion. only the annoying fiddly little things left (I think/hope)

feb

32 now, I had my first 205 (and first own car) at 22.

Time flies!

Edited by feb

Guest JayTee

im 26, had my first gti @18 but strayed off to fords, had a few more over the years though

MiniGibbo

I'm 22, 23 on feb 3rd

dave205

Im 21 and bought my 1st gti when i was 18

stebbs

I'm 25, had my 205 for around 3 years now.

BlueBolt

Yay, I still fall into the second age grouping... Just!!

Turned 30 last week

Weser

Im 24 Had a 205 since I started driving at 17. Never not owned one. cti at 19 gti at 21

sensualt101

i am 40 just as birthday next month and i have been a 205 gti fan since 1984 when a friend/colleague bought a brand new phase 1 graphite 1.6 gti and when i was a passenger in that i decided i was gonna own 1 myself one day! it was like nothing else i had been in before and the magic hasnt worn off lol as i have since owned 3 205 gti's including my current car which i am keeping forever but i wouldnt be surprised if i own more availability , prices and funds permitting.

i wouldnt like to guess at the average age of owners but would guess that those around 35 to 45 who would have seen the entire span of production would have the lions share of the cars! having said that here i have seen owners range from 15 years of age to pensioners so the 205 gti obviously has a magic appeal and i personally hope to see them on our roads for many years to come :)

Edited by sensualt101

michael_ozzie

I'm 23, and hopefully picking up my GTI this weekend :D

MiniGibbo

Without sounding too " nit picky" I think the pole should l had

20-24

24-30

Like I've seen on over forums ;)

As for the results in surprised tbh I thought it would be more into the 30's than 30's..

Rob_the_Sparky

Just hanging in on the 40 bracket :wacko:

Glad I'm not the only one!

sensualt101

Glad I'm not the only one!

that makes at least 3 of us who have declared but i know there are more lol! :lol:

toodumbtosmile

Well past 40 unfortunately - 48. Bought my first in 1995.

scott-205gti

I've had my gti for 3 month and im 21 and my dad has a gti and he's 50. In my opinion the 205 gti is the best car ever invented.

JackTar

I'm 44 and am on my third 205 having had two GTis and now running a CTi. Best car ever made!! (and the most fun too).

johnsimister

These are very encouraging results so far. The rising age of the classic car enthusiast is a ticking time bomb for many classic car clubs, but the 205 manages to bridge the gap between a regular car to have a good time with and a classic (however you like to define that word), so there's a great spread of ages with a bias towards the younger end. Which means that as long as we all keep the faith, there'll be enough demand for parts and services for our cars to keep being used and enjoyed well into the future.

Having said that, there needs to be another upper age category for me, not that I actually feel anything like that age. When I drive my 205 it's the 80s all over again. The first GTI I drove was an A-reg in 1984...

John

Edited by johnsimister

mech205eng

21, had my 1.9 about a month. First 205 1.8 diesel for a field car when i was 12 :D start em with 205s young!!!

dave richards

i'm 32 and own a trio of 205's, i have a 1.6 (phase 1.5) 1.9 (phase 2) and an stdt :) the 1.6 will need a lot of work as does the stdt but they will live again one day

Edited by dave richards

tunnicliffe

31 to 40 for me I had gti's since 1994 never been with out one