• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Just Did My First Trackday...

Tom Fenton

Come on gents, enough now eh?

Rippthrough
And to be honest, hitting a kerb on standard suspension is pretty unlikely to flip you over. As you say the springing and damping is quite soft so the suspension will absorb 90% of the impact. Hell I'd say you were more likely to roll on hard suspension because the kerb impact translates into more body movement! :)

Whereas I'd argue you were more likely on standard suspension, as the soft damping will dissipate less energy and allow the inside wheel to smack the bumpstop, then interesting things happen. :ph34r:

EdCherry

I heard running road tyres at 5psi turns them into slicks.... will I roll?

Rippthrough
I heard running road tyres at 5psi turns them into slicks.... will I roll?

:lol:

I think you'll find the sidewall rolls over and you'll slide, right up until the bead unseats and the edge of the rim digs in...

I think, in the spirit of scientific evaluation, you should try it and report back Ed.

Edited by Rippthrough

Cameron

Enough. If you want replies to any of your posts then read back through this thread from page 3 onwards. I'm sick of repeating myself.

davidc
Enough. If you want replies to any of your posts then read back through this thread from page 3 onwards. I'm sick of repeating myself.

No. Read it from the start before it goes a bit crazy !

Some good pics there though !

SurGie

What happened to agree to disagree ?

So why do you keep repeating your self ?

EdCherry

Why dont you just all shut the f*** up.

You dont need to fight, reason sure, voice your opinions. Getting heated isn't needed.

Debate, take on board what someone says and tell them why you think its wrong and leave it at that.

My first post was merely just a jest at the fighting really.

Suspesion geometry, effects and causes is not a set in stone scientific skill, its more of an art form with no wrong or right answers.

davidc
Why dont you just all shut the f*** up.

Now, now....theres no need to be like that.......however....I do agree with the rest you said !!

Listen to what others are saying & discuss it......theres many opinions from many different backgrounds here with lots of experience & theories......what a great forum this is !!

Keep up the good work....and less bitchin !!

Cameron
What happened to agree to disagree ?

So why do you keep repeating your self ?

:)

I'm sure you didn't mean this in the way Ed took it.

Basically, because people were making out I had said things I hadn't. :lol:

Baz

No they didn't, you were being a class A cheb end, taking the bait!! And i can read funnily enough, it doesn't matter how sick you get of 'repeating yourself' you'll be doing it until the cows come home, you're only fighting a battle with yourself, everyone can read what you write, you just have a problem with anyone that disagrees with you so you keep chiming off about it.

So, i got bored ages ago, i still have my opinion, i've outlaid it and i don't need to say anymore. It has since been proven and backed up again by others, yet you continue to be obstinate. You said you were also bored of it a page or so back, but you clearly can't grow a pube and leave it alone

So here's more bait for you, suck it up;

I guess we were doing about 40-50 at this point. Instead of the car flicking round for the right hander, all the weight transferred onto the left hand front tyre. Unfortunately it was a hot r-888 which had no intention of sliding. So a combination of standard suspension with too much body roll, too much speed and super sticky tyres meant there was only one outcome and we rolled.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...rolled&st=0

Although i'm sure you'll pick holes in that too and have more explanations for it... :lol: Have fun!

Cameron

I can't be arsed Baz, have fun arguing with yourself.

Rupertfinch

Now this is a roll

post-8711-1266574285_thumb.jpg

Rupertfinch

IT'S ALL OVER, THE FORUM IS DEFUNCT. THE ANSWERS ARE OBVIOUS! :)

post-8711-1266575037_thumb.jpg

Anthony

I think it's safe to say that this thread is going nowhere and frankly degenerating with every post :)

(although the last reply did make me chuckle :lol:)

Closed.