• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

arwel

[rally_prep] Road Rally 205 Gti

dcc

If i can get there i will pop over and say hello! :)

205wrc

How did you get on in the end. Saw you limping back in to service after stage 3.....what happened?

2011_1228XmasStages20110149.jpg

205wrc

Stage 1

2011_1228XmasStages20110071.jpg

2011_1228XmasStages20110072.jpg

2011_1228XmasStages20110073.jpg

Stage 2

2011_1228XmasStages20110143.jpg

2011_1228XmasStages20110144.jpg

tdr_1976

Good day at the office then mate? How did you get on?

arwel

Thanks for putting up the pics, cracking. :D

Took it easy on stage 1 just to see how slippy it was. Pushed a bit on stage 2 trying to catch my mate in car 68 and had a big spin at about 80mph on the back of the circuit :lol:, had a slight off on stage 3 on beach road, either a bit to quick into a right bend or just caught a bump on the inside which upset the rear of the car. Back end stepped out and touched the grass, caught the slide but had a tank slapper the other way, hit the grass on the other side of the road then spun off the road and ended up in a ditch half in water. No damage, just couldnt get the car out. :blush: I ll put a pic up later on that i took once i got out. Stage 4 took it easy to get my confidence back and then went 29 seconds quicker on stage 5 which was the same as 4. Not a bad first stage event, big learning experience and we were going ok. Before our off we were something like 48th overall and 11th in class so going ok. Finished last but one in the trophy rally but when Peter Lloyd was in there in his Impreza WRC then there was no chance so it was just to gain experience. Looking forward to next year now.

Some little chages to be made to the car before next year which will be kept updated on here. :D

arwel

Quick pic of where we ended up :blush:

Picture034.jpg

• Like 1

205wrc

Oww :-( Beach Road claimed another one.......... How many went off there yesterday? Lucky you had no damage.

arwel

Oww :-( Beach Road claimed another one.......... How many went off there yesterday? Lucky you had no damage.

A fair few went off down there. On stage 2 my mate said he counted about 6 off on thefirst loop so it was very slippy. No damage which is good, cant wait for the next one now, Rally Cwm Gwendraeth on the 19th of Feb. :)

On board of our little off.

Edited by arwel

arwel

Cheers tdr.. Bollocks is my new favourite word after Wednesday :lol:

jon.ford

Good video stopped playing for me before your off, your not meant to beep your horn at your mates and spectators at side of stage, concentrate on the road ahead, best of luck with the next one.

Haven't done Pembrey for years welsh 1986 I think, I thought big ditch was on left up beach road memory not so good.

Cheers Jon

arwel

Another on board, from stage 2 this time. Big spin around the half way point.

Leon

Very courteous driving mate, nice to see. That Focus was a bit shy on the brakes wasn't he?

arwel

Very courteous driving mate, nice to see. That Focus was a bit shy on the brakes wasn't he?

Yeah I was very courteous all day, was my first event so was nt going to be impressive and didnt want to hold anyone up :lol:

Without the little off I may have caught him and stuck to him :lol:

bensonmi

are you doing the bro presseli or you just doing stages this year?

harryskid

Stage looks good !

arwel

are you doing the bro presseli or you just doing stages this year?

No Preseli for me this year, our club dinner is on the same night and its only a week before the Rali Cwm Gwendraeth down Pembrey. Shame really as I would liked to have had another go at it as we were doing brilliant last year before we broke down before the last selective :angry: Never mind though, thats rallying.

Its going to be mainly stage events this year, will be entering the Welsh tarmac championship. Will try and squeeze in 1 or 2 road rallies at some point though. :D

jon.ford

Like your videos out of interest what camera did you record it with.

Jon.

arwel

Like your videos out of interest what camera did you record it with.

Jon.

Its filmed on a Panasonic HDC-SD60 just set to sport mode mounted on a dogcam mount. Only problem I had is that the footage come out a bit shakey due to the mount not being fully tight on the cage. My other half used it when she co drove for someone else down in Talbenny and it cam out nice and smooth so will have to tighten it a bit more for the next one. :)

arwel

Nothing much to report latley. I have been busy spending some ££ on bits and bobs. Ordered bottom arm for the driver side after changing the passenger side before Christmas, new strut top mounts as the standard rubber ones are knackered, discs and pads as the front ones are dead, had a new centre box put in as i ruined the last one when i squashed it putting the car on the trailer after last rally, fitted a new gear knob as the standard one was held together by duck tape and i did an oil change this afternoon.

We have entered the Steve Harkness Tyres Welsh Tarmac Championship which kicks off in Pembrey with the Rali Cwm Gwendraeth on the 19th of Feb and then we'll do Caerwent in March and Talbenny in April. No plan to do Epynt yet as I'm still learning and the last thing I want to do is have an off up there :blush: so we'll concentrate on doing the other rounds which will be another Caerwent in June and then Peter Lloyd Stages in Pembrey again in October. No road rallies planned for me at the moment, just wait and see what takes my fancy.

On another note we have gained the backing of Kick Energy which should save us some cash in energy drinks. :lol:

205wrc

If you want a copy of in-car from Epynt, or a set of notes, let me know. I've been over there god knows how many times. It's an awesome place that needs to be treated with respect. Once you've done an event up there, you'll either hate it or you can't wait to go back. Personally, I love the place, especially when they throw a couple of the 19 milers in.....

arwel

If you want a copy of in-car from Epynt, or a set of notes, let me know. I've been over there god knows how many times. It's an awesome place that needs to be treated with respect. Once you've done an event up there, you'll either hate it or you can't wait to go back. Personally, I love the place, especially when they throw a couple of the 19 milers in.....

Thanks for that, already have a few on boards and some notes but thanks for the offer anyway. Looks like my other half will do Epynt this year with Dai Roberts who has kindly taken her under his wing to teach her pacenotes. She's pretty handy with an OS map down the lanes and diagrams on SV so hopefully pacenotes will come quite easy to her :lol: . We'll see when I feel ready for Epynt then, always spectacular when we've been up for a bit of speccying. :D

205wrc

The west side of Epynt is quite bumpy and technical, especially across Burmah road. After you pass 4 ways bridge, it get's much faster as the roads get a little wider. There are big boulders on bends up there now as well to stop drivers cutting.....

arwel

Getting ready for round 1 of the Welsh Tarmac Championship on Sunday in Pembrey with the Rali Cwm Gwendraeth. Car has had a check over and has had new bottom arm, strut top mount bushes and new discs and pads. Hopefully get some milage in later on before loading up saturday afternoon ready for Sunday.

Plan is to take it a bit easier this time to avoid any repeat of the Christmas stages down there. 3 of us from Ammand and District have been seeded together. Cerith in 57, us in 58 and Barry and Seyyyan in 59 so could be a bit interesting. :D