• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ian_p

Euro 205's?

ian_p

Hi,

i like the euro look and having searched many sites (cleaned.be- peugeotforum.be) i've not seen too many 205's that are "euro"

basically i might buy thses wheels to put on mine. They are et 12 and 15X6 so i'm sure they'll fit.

Any opinions?

ian_p

sorry but fruity yahoo isn't letting me post images of the wheel. It's a Brock B2

sorry

EdCherry

Never liked brock's however I do like euro.

boombang

Fruity is an appropriate term!

b2-300.jpg

ian_p

thank you. i think i might be able to pull it off! i'm gonna chat the old dear up now to see if she'll get me them for christmas.

"mum do you fancy a beer?" lol?

Edited by ian_p

Peetypug

i'm not sure if they would suit a 205

i was talking to marksorrento205 about 5 spoke wheels on 205s yesterday (cyclones) and we both think that the best looking wheel for a 205 is the 1.9 speedline (not exactly euro though) or DrSartys tsw jobbies :lol::D

boombang

Blimey they do look terrible!

Hope that piccy has changed your mind?

boombang

Please can someone make it stop!

ian_p

^^^^

i love the effect my posts have on people lol!

sorry!

kyepan

thanks gentrix, i quite like some of those.

just to be a bit contrary.

Batfink

i like the white rallye look one, other than the wing mirrors...

GLPoomobile

205s can't carry the Euro look IMO. Some deep dished alloys do look very good on them, but not when they are too small and with stretched tires. I've always thought the Euro look was stupid anyway :)

boombang
205s can't carry the Euro look IMO. Some deep dished alloys do look very good on them, but not when they are too small and with stretched tires. I've always thought the Euro look was stupid anyway :)

Phew, I thought it was just me that thought the OP was completely out of his mind wanting to apply some chavvy VWesque styling to a car that it genuinely doesn't suit.

Richie

Look awful, and thats being nice about it.

Leet205

fondmetal4000.jpg

Fondmetal 4000. that it all!

Lan
Phew, I thought it was just me that thought the OP was completely out of his mind wanting to apply some chavvy VWesque styling to a car that it genuinely doesn't suit.

definitely agreed, sorry to say this but you bought the wrong car for the "euro" look

Ryan

I never saw the attraction of making your car look like it had broken suspension and go-kart wheels either.

bales

I actually quite like a number of them!

Having been into VW's and been to quite a lot of shows out of all the different modifying 'styles' I don't think 'chavvy' is the right description for those style of cars.

Its a very big scene where huge amounts of money are spent on getting the bodywork right with lots of changes that are so subtle you don't notice them straight away and there really are some amazing cars about. More akin to american style custom cars and the immense amount of work that goes into them.

It might not be to everyones taste but I think its a world away from comparisons with stick on tat and lexus lights on Saxo's and Corsa's, and is a big disservice to the quality of the workmanship on the majority of cars.

Anyway who is to say modifying a 205 to go round a track very quickly which is generally 'approved of' is any more relevant than spending similar to get a car to 'look' good....both a waste of money to the majority of people.

boombang
Having been into VW's and been to quite a lot of shows out of all the different modifying 'styles' I don't think 'chavvy' is the right description for those style of cars.

I certainly don't think a Euro VW is necessarily chavvy at all and there are plenty of well executed examples out there.

What I actually said is those wheel look chavvy and VWesque, as in more suited to styling applied to VWs - although not sure how well those wheels suit anything having seen pics online of them on various cars.

You seem to have picked parts of what I said without actually getting the point of what I said.

bales

I just assumed that calling something 'chavvy VWesque styling' meant that you associated VW styling as chavvy.....

Apologies if I misinterpreted what you said but you have to admit it does sound that way, anyway even if you do dislike them your entitled to you opinion about them, I wasn't knocking you for that, just that I disagreed.

People liking different things is what makes stuff like cars interesting!

number2301
Its a very big scene where huge amounts of money are spent on getting the bodywork right with lots of changes that are so subtle you don't notice them straight away and there really are some amazing cars about. More akin to american style custom cars and the immense amount of work that goes into them.

It might not be to everyones taste but I think its a world away from comparisons with stick on tat and lexus lights on Saxo's and Corsa's, and is a big disservice to the quality of the workmanship on the majority of cars.

There are also a hell of a lot of Halfords specials with a lot of money spent on them, with a lot of very subtle changes and done well. There's this whole culture that Euro is alright but plastic fantastic isn't, it's all the same whether it's Euro, Max Power or 'motorsport innit'. The only difference is whether you personally like the look.

For the record I don't like any of those looks and agree with the comments that 205s do not suit Euro. They don't modify well in general to be honest.