• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chocolate_o_brian

Ecu Temp Sensor Part No.

chocolate_o_brian
Well I changed the same sensor on mine the other day. Hopefully I'll get better than the 18mpg I got from the last tank :)

Does seem a bit better behaved than before but if you do a short trip, stop for a few minutes and then start her up again, she goes back to the 2000rpm malarky again.

I managed to damage the blue plug on the wiring, or more specifically the metal spring clip bit that holds it in place (it caught on my sweater as I pulled my arm out of the depths :) ), its nothing like as secure as it was before, so I'll have to keep an eye on the plug to make sure it doesn't work its way off the sensor.

Like you, I need to look at the mixture on mine. Has anyone any experience of the Colourtune things?? I'd rather be able to have a go myself.

I've realised that the little blanking plug is still in place over the throttle stop screw on mine, so it looks like its never been adjusted unless someone was very carefull putting it back in!?

Your problem (if the same as me) will now be the plug connection. I changed one plug to the ecu sensor and things brightened up with no twiddling to the idle screw. But then the SAD plug worked loose and I changed that too. Thats when the idle went tits up again and adjustment to the idel screw was required.

My advice is to change the buggered plug asap and it SHOULD give you a steady idle. Mine goes upto about 1400 rpm max now and then settles afterwards. Just running pretty rich I'd have thought so will be onto my garage tomorrow to get the air/fuel mixture screw sorted too.

m@ttc
Hi guys. Looked today under the advice from Simon (Simes) at my ECU temp sensor and the plug is fubared. So I'm gonna change the sensor for good measure (as my idle is awful as well as my mpg) and either source a replacement plug or solder the terminals on.

Looking through both Stuart McGuires online page and Servicebox I can;t for the life of me find the part no. to give to GSF, Peugeotspares etc.

The car is an '88 (registered Nov) phase 1.5 1.9GTi. Thats all I know, dunno about what ECU it has but assume its totally standard.

Help would be great so I can sort as much out as poss before booking in with Skip Brown to sort general running problems out. :D

i popped down gsf yesterday and picked up one of these sensors and am about to chage it. my question is do i need to drain the coolant or can i just screw it out and change it? need to do it without making a mess, to try and stay out of trouble :D girlfriend wont be pleased :lol: .... :lol::

chocolate_o_brian
i popped down gsf yesterday and picked up one of these sensors and am about to chage it. my question is do i need to drain the coolant or can i just screw it out and change it? need to do it without making a mess, to try and stay out of trouble B) girlfriend wont be pleased :) .... :D :

You may be able to, I don't honestly know; as I changed the SAD at the same time so I HAD to take hoses etc. off in order to gain access.

Cost me £2.91 for 1 litre of coolant IIRC so not too bad. :lol:

The Arch Bishop
i popped down gsf yesterday and picked up one of these sensors and am about to chage it. my question is do i need to drain the coolant or can i just screw it out and change it? need to do it without making a mess, to try and stay out of trouble B) girlfriend wont be pleased :) .... :D:

You can do it if you're very quick! Put a tray underneath to collect the coolant that does drip out and to keep your GF happy.

davey sprocket
You can do it if you're very quick! Put a tray underneath to collect the coolant that does drip out and to keep your GF happy.

I didn't lose too much when I did mine..... and I did mine twice :) .... I'd just finished the job then looked at the sensor I'd taken out and realised there was a copper washer on it that didn't come with the new one and wasn't sure whether it would seal up properly without it, so out it came again!

It would probably be tricky to keep your finger over the hole to stop it pouring out while you transfer the washer over if you need to do this too, so would try and have someone helpful nearby if possible!

I used it as an excuse to top up the coolant with some neat anti-freeze to strengthen the mixture up a bit.

davey205

difficult to get a spanner down there isnt it ive just hand tightened the new sensor the best i can, makes a great difference doesn't it !

Sign in to follow this