• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JoshGti

[misc_work] Black 1.9 Gti As Peugeot Intended - Atm.

JoshGti

Got a few little odd jobs out of the way including some welding in the boot and at the back of the sills. I've chopped off that little 'lip' on the back of the sill as it seems it just serves a place for dirt to collect? Will take pictures when it's light

On the inside I said I wasn't going to do much, turns out this was wrong and I've ripped ou the headliner and bought 5m of black faux suede to recover it, got the sunroof cover out of the way today and it looks B) Excuse the bad photo!

th_08f18ac4.jpg

A new job that I am undertaking is to make a carbon fibre sunroof, that will use the existing runners, I've bought some carbon fibre sheet and fibreglass matting and some Coremat to fill it out. If I used carbon fibre throughout I can see the price spiralling out of control! Mould is currently curing in a mates garage, watch this space.

JoshGti

Apparently its been a few years since i updated this but ive made progress in the form of welding being completed, the ecu and mixtures being set up correctly after picking up a new mixture pot and a wideband setup.

Ive reinstalled a freshly cleaned and oiled up SAD and closed it right down to a very slight hole as it seems to need it for a few minutes to warm up, but she starts, runs, drives from cold with no blipping the throttle, just turn the key and shes off.

MOT booked in next week after 5 years of her being off the road!!

Anyone offer advice on setting up the shims on the engine? or any decent places down south?