• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

New Loom Pins, ?

Miles

Have you pull tested them on the old Neuton scale? :) , Thats the main differance between the cheaper tools over the more expensive one's and the amount of jaw types you can have for large or small insulation,

Spiky

anthony

from the parts i bought

6541 a9 0.55

6541 c3 0.86

6542 59 0.37

6542 v5 1.08

hope that helps :)

Anthony

That's great, cheers.

I'm assuming from reading Welshpug's PDF's:

6541 A9 - 6 pin housing @ 55p each

6541 C3 - 9 pin housing @ 86p each

6542 59 - male pin for 1mm2 low-current (sensor) wiring @ 37p each

6542 V5 - male pin for 2mm2 high-current (ignition/fuelpump/starter) wiring @ £1.08 each

I assume the prices are per-pin, but are they supplied individually or in bags of x quantity?

Spiky
That's great, cheers.

I'm assuming from reading Welshpug's PDF's:

6541 A9 - 6 pin housing @ 55p each bag of 4

6541 C3 - 9 pin housing @ 86p each bag of 4

6542 59 - male pin for 1mm2 low-current (sensor) wiring @ 37p each bag of 10

6542 V5 - male pin for 2mm2 high-current (ignition/fuelpump/starter) wiring @ £1.08 each bag of 5

I assume the prices are per-pin, but are they supplied individually or in bags of x quantity?

see above :)

Spiky

sorry i have just realised i gave PRE vat so add 15%

Anthony

Ta muchly :)

No need to needlessly canabalise the spare 205/309 GTi engine looms I've got now for the handful of looms that I've got to build over the next month or two, which is nice - always seemed a terrible waste to strip and ruin an otherwise perfectly good loom for the sake of two plugs and a few feet of wire.

GLPoomobile
Have you pull tested them on the old Neuton scale? :) , Thats the main differance between the cheaper tools over the more expensive one's and the amount of jaw types you can have for large or small insulation,

I've given some of the connections a bit of a tug and they stand up OK. Don't see the point in pulling them too hard for the sake of testing as they should never be put under any strain anyway.

Sign in to follow this