• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

New Loom Pins, ?

Spiky

is there anywhere where i can purchase the pins, to renew the pins on the 6 & 9 pin brown plugs under the dash on the ecu loom ? :(

Spiky

cheers, thats for new plugs,

i need to find just the pins that go in the OE plugs :( as i make the 306 gti6 > 205 gti plug and play looms ;)

Cloverleaf

A lot of the websites listed in that thread sell just the pins also. OE connectors too.

Edited by Cloverleaf

Spiky

hmm ok :( will have a look, dont suppose you know the name of them? have you seen the 6 and 9 pin oe connectors too ?

hexhamstu

I dont know about gti-6 looms, but mi16 looms use the same connectors as the Juniour Power Timer plugs.

Spiky

i'm talking about 205 looms :(

GLPoomobile
http://www.polevolt.co.uk/Polevolt%20Catal...0Issue%203C.pdf

page 17 top picture 4th pin from left?

thats the pin used isnt it?

They look a very close match from memory, although possibly a bit shorter. Dificult to tell with my s*it memory! If they are the same then that's a good find. Up to now I don;t think anyone else has been able to (or has said on the forum at least) find them anywhere but Pug. I got mine from pug. Bit of a pain when they won't split a bag, but you'll be buying in bulk I'd imagine, so not such a problem.

Spiky

They look like them :)

what i need now is too fi d a place that sells the brown connectors plugs now :)

GLPoomobile

Pug dealers again :)

Let us know if you find a cheaper supplier though (although I don't think they are actually that expensive from Pug IIRC).

Spiky

You do know the two plugs I mean? Not interested in any of the other plugs :)

Spiky

these i need

01042009688.jpg

GLPoomobile

Yeah, the 2 brown plugs that are under the dash. When I looked in to it nobody could really advise on a alternative supplier to Pug, or even who made them originally. All the other plugs in the loom can be sourced elsewhere easily (except the shunt box plug now I think about it, again that and the terminals were Pug sourced when I did mine). There is a document available on Servicebox, which is a bit difficult to find, and it has all the connectors, screws, grommets, washers, nuts, bolts etc in it. That shows the brown plugs, and I'm sure I did check the price of them. I didn't buy any as didn't need them for mine, but I don't remember being shocked by the price.

This won't be any good for you as I know you are building looms for other people, but a little tip for anyone else doing this for their own car. If you do need new brown plugs for under the dash, instead of trying to hunt down the right ones, just chop out the old ones and replace both sides with some easily sourced multi plugs from the likes of Vehicle Wiring Products.

Spiky

Well if I can definatly purchase them from. I'll go buy a load :)

and they are listed on service box?

Cheers for the info

pugtop

they certainly were on a separate part, where that is now I'm unsure as thyey have changed it about a bit, BUT, I have downloaded several of the PDFS from that section and can check when I'm back home.

whoops!! its Welshpug :)

Edited by pugtop

Spiky

cheers WP, that will be great, i will go buy and buy a batch of them :)

GLPoomobile
whoops!! its Welshpug :lol:

Thank f***! For a moment there I thought some one was going to steal your parts knowledge crown!

Spiky

have you had chance to look Welshpug? ;)

welshpug

yup, I found the two PDF's concerned should be attached to this post, first time I have tried to upload a file on here ;)

65v03a.pdf

65v03b.pdf

Spiky

thats bloody great cheer ;)

Spiky

looking on those PDF's

for exmaple on 65v03a.pdf

the plug i need is no2,

all the items listed on item 2 are just coloured wires as far as i can see.

unless i'm reading/translating this wrong?

as i'd like to ring pug and ask for the clips but not sure what part number to give

Spiky

or do i buy part number 3 which is 2 empty clips?

Spiky

it's not number 3 as thats pin as i just rung them

welshpug

from the first PDF,

part 20 and 30, female and male pins.

1 and 2 are the male/female plug parts.

part 3 as far as I can make out is a complete 2 pin plug male and female parts minus pins.

and the second one -

part 20 and 30, female and male pins.

1 and 2 are the male/female plug parts.

Sign in to follow this