• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dirtdog

Revometer

jackherer
same as the RX8's 1300cc wankel, that has more torque than an MI16 and gti6!

Its when you compare the RX8 to its natural competitors that it lacks in torque, 350z for example...

bales

I know its comparing apples to oranges but for torque per displacement in a n/a car the wankels are pretty good!

Weser

This thread really made me laugh!

Back on topic though. The "revometers" on td's are renound for giving trouble.

Try to clean all connectors as it sounds like a dodgy connection. Maybe check the wires for shorts.

I cant see it being the sensor otherwise it wouldn't work at all.

Oh for the guy looking to but a td tacho into the GT im pretty sure they work differently and definately show different rpms!

dirtdog

Well i'm glad you all laughed guys. Yes i've got a turbo diesel that develops less torque..less bhp. but... it also cost me 650 quid. If i had enough money to piss into the wind on a poxy civic... pfft. I'd commit my self to a mental asylum and ask for some seriously heavy sedatives to numb the pain of wasting 1000s on something thats...not actually that much better than a sorted 205. After all...power weight ratio is surely moreimportant than power figures alone. If you had read the thread properly then you might have notivced a bit earlier that I had a diesel.

Well..anyway.. enough of squabbling over sour milk. Prehaps next time you can post something decent rather than the one you left...I asked for information and if you cant give it to me...don't. Simple. Besides...aren't you meant to be on a honda forum or something.... :):)

I've beaten the shroud to within an inch of it's life surgie and it makes no diffrence. And i understand what you mean by calling it a 'clock' so don't worry what anyone else says. After all it's me who you're helping right? Thanks.

Happy Goron...no... it's not back on the road yet. Got loads to do...now that i've started a new job i've got the money to fix it but not the time. Have to fit bumpers and a new headlight because its all wobbly. Then i've got to tackle the entire brake system...agggh! :(

Edited by dirtdog

shalmaneser

It's almost certainly the sensor on the flywheel/gearbox casing. It was the same in my old 306 1.9DT, never bothered to properly sort it out before the HG went for the third time and i'd had enough!

BTW dirtdog, what's that quote of your all about?!

happygoron

Dirtdog: You've picked the best time of year to start, what with this lovely weather and long evenings! ;)

Shal: I assume it's a quote from this book, though I don't know about the grave to which it refers.