• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan_stdt

[misc_work] 1.9 Stdt Upgraded Inside And Out

ryan_stdt

hi

ive brought a 205 stdt and will be putting a 306 dt engine into it in the next couple of weeks, i have already taken the old engine out and stripped the nasty brown interior out if it and will be putting a gti interior into it.

some of my other plans are:

gti-6 front brakes and hubs

1.9 gti driveshafts and rear beam

bosch fuel pump with a few mods to it

T2 turbo with a FMIC and boxless exhaust

speedlines

306 HDI gearbox

manual quickrack

im aiming for atleast 130 hp and 180+ lb/ft

post-14344-1257202903.jpg

post-14344-1257202954_thumb.jpg

post-14344-1257203313_thumb.jpg

post-14344-1257203337_thumb.jpg

Edited by ryan_stdt
  • Like 1

ian_p

good start. i've got a grey stdt but am keeping the engine and lovely beigeness as she's a run around!

keep us updated!

ryan_stdt

haha i dont think i could live the lovely beigeness , ive only seen a few green stdt's but never a grey or gold one

mine will be a daily driver too, but i wanted something a bit different lol, as ive had two gold pug 306 td's and ive always wanted a 205 :)

ryan_stdt

oh yeah put my speedlines on it yesterday, i think the colours go well with each other

post-14344-1257265615_thumb.jpg

weejimmy

yeay another diesel.

i had a stdt and wouldnt drive it untill i changed the interior, made me feel horible and needed a wash obsesive compulsive style.

the misses has a td with a 306 engine and bosh pump, it made 93bhp and 152lbft on the rollers on sat. with no intercooler. and on 100% veg oil. so you should get your 130bhp without much hasle

sounds like a good to do list.

use a 406 inlet manifold too. makes a much nicer fmic set up.

welshpug

you'll see 130 quite easily from that, I have seen 150+ in a 205 but it had a fridge back strapped to the front :)

ryan_stdt

thats not bad for no intercooler im after torque more than anything :)

ive got a xantia manifold ready and all the pipe work, but i might just make up some piping for it not sure yet tho

ive got everything on the list apart for the box and quick rack but im getting them on on saturday, o and the rear beam but im going to consentrate on the engine before that.

weejimmy... if you dont mind i have a few quick questions about the wiring i.e. the temperature guage on the dash in the 306 is controled by the sensor in the thermosat housing is it the same on the 205, and not sure about making the speedo work because i think the 205 is a cable the the 306 hdi box is electronic

cheers

Edited by ryan_stdt

ian_p
oh yeah put my speedlines on it yesterday, i think the colours go well with each other

it'll look good, i've got black speedlines too.

i might look into diff engines now lol!

ryan_stdt

have you got a stdt ian

weejimmy

weejimmy... if you dont mind i have a few quick questions about the wiring i.e. the temperature guage on the dash in the 306 is controled by the sensor in the thermosat housing is it the same on the 205, and not sure about making the speedo work because i think the 205 is a cable the the 306 hdi box is electronic

cheers

the temp gauge the same in a 205 i may have changed the actual sensors over but i dont think i did.

everythings wired the same realy, just if the plugs are difrent i just swaped the sensors over. it was only a few months ago but i cant rember any probles or issues so i doubt theres anything to wory about. its all obvious or else i would rember faffing around.

i used the 205 td gearbox so spedo was unaffected.

the hdi box means you need to swap the clutch lever arms over as hdi is push type clutch and td pull, not major issue thoe. (that me be wrong. it may just be on the 306td now i thionk about it)

its possible you may have to drill out the hole for the spedo sensor in the hdi box but the actual mounting will be there just its not been drilled out by pug. i havent changed one yet so not 100% sure.

Edited by weejimmy

ryan_stdt

i think that the temp sensors are different if i remember rightly, but i will just swap them other and see, and i will have to do a bit of trail and error with the gearbox sensors.when i swap the clutch arms over i might buy some new bushes for them because ive heard that worn bushes can make the clutch feel heavier than it acturly is.

ian, those wheel look real nice, what profile tyres are you running, 45's?

ian_p

they are 45's but i don't like the arch gap. i need to replace a tyre on the rear so i'll swap both and put 50's on i think. fill it a little

ryan_stdt

and have 45's on the ront and 50's on the rear, ive never thought of doing that

ryan_stdt

picked up a low milage 306 hdi box and my quick rack and pinion earlier. i have half built the qick rack rack but now i need the bearing that fits in the casing and the splined lower part of the steering coloum, because the one fitted to the car is a square drive one.

also, i picked up a set of half leather gti seats yesterday and a few bits of trim (cheers mikeyGTi16), they look much better than the brown ones. i just need a carpet and then i can bolts the seats in. ill get a picture of them up soon

Edited by ryan_stdt

ryan_stdt

my gti-6 hubs turned up yesterday so i fitted them along with my gti-6 brakes and braided flexi's, and i recieved my 406 master cylinder today (cheers danpug). so tonight i will be bleeding brakes

is it worth using dot 5.1 or should i just stick with dot 4 brake fluid?

the brakes look massive compared to the old ones so hopefully they should stop i bit quicker

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu108/1...ti/DSC00326.jpg

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu108/1...ti/DSC00332.jpg

And i sorted out an intercooler that might fit, i was thinking about lowering the rad slightly and put the intercooler above it.

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu108/1...ti/DSC00335.jpg

RossD

Nice project, I have been recently thinking of a 205 with a tuned HDi engine as a daily driver, so along similar lines.

Would be good to see some performace figures from this (In gear times etc) when it's done. With all that torque in a 205 it's going to be a really a great A-road and motorway cruiser!

swordfish210

Dot 5.1 is only really useful for cars with ABS. I tend to use ATE Super Blue Racing Dot4, it costs £12 per litre from Euro Car Parts and it's really good stuff. Very long life and it stands up to some serious abuse without fade.

ryan_stdt

i mite look in to better quality dot 4, because ive only ever used halfords dot 4, the only reason for this is its £10 for 5 litres on trade.

cheers ross, i wanted to do the HDI conversion but its not as simple as it has an ECU etc, unlike the 1.9 td engine that is fully mechincal and easy to tune by hand. i think there is somebody about (maybe on this forum) that has a 2.2 hdi in a 205 with monstrous amount of torque. as soon as its finished i will get a RR done. so that i can have a figure to improve on :)

weejimmy

4x4 cossie one fits nice.

heres mine.

vv029.jpg

fmic006.jpg

ryan_stdt

nice, i take it you lower your rad down i bit

i like the multi coloured bumper strips

weejimmy

yeah just made some L brackets and droped it down.

easy done,

fmic001.jpg

its my misses car heance the mulit colour bump strips. every ones a diff colour.

ryan_stdt

yeah they dont look to hard to do, i was thinking to do the same thing

another quick question, did you use the 205 exhaust and did it mate up with the 306 engine

cheers

Paul_13
yeah just made some L brackets and droped it down.

easy done,

fmic001.jpg

its my misses car heance the mulit colour bump strips. every ones a diff colour.

Good little mod, may have to do the same to let a bit more air in my engine bay. 6 engine gets hot!

Weejimmy build

Thats his build page couple of bits about the exhaust.

Edited by paul_xiii

weejimmy

yeah thats my 2.1 thoe ( must update it )

this is a 1.9 td (misses car)

i used the 205 elbow that comes off the turbo and joins to the downpipe as the 306 one angles up or down i cant rember what way.

2 min job, i say things are straight forward but they usualy include things like that ive forgoten i done. i dont realy see it as an issue just somthing you do as you go along. and very easy to do.