• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan_stdt

[misc_work] 1.9 Stdt Upgraded Inside And Out

Paul_13

I helped ryan with his conversion, i'll save him some typing.

I think all you have to do is retain the 205 high pressure hose and use this on the 306 PAS pump. People do this on gti6 conversions I believe so should work with the DT conversion.

You'll have to source a clutch that is a push type not a pull, as you'll have to arse around with clutch cable setups otherwise. This means changine the gear selector arms on the box and the clutch arm to 205 gti items.

And make sure your turbo's sound before you put it on! Ryan's found this out the other week, it was pissing diesel oil out the exhuast :lol: Turn in up while it off the car aswell.

Get a bosch pump if you have a lucas! I've a lucas on my 306 and it is quite poor, ryan's bosch pump kicks arse!

Oberon

Cheers Paul, I hope the pas fits with the standard rad, we'll soon see.

With regard to the push/pull clutch, is it possible to use a longer clucth cable and mod it to fit from the other side ?

This bit of it is confusing me but when I get stuck in it should make sense. I may end up using my 205 box if needs be.

What top mount should I use the 205 or 306 ?

Its lucas pump unfortunately, can't be arsed loking for another right now just wanna get the car running.

Thanks for the help.

Raj

ryan_stdt

cheers paul lol

you mite be lucky with the pas pump it might fit, mine defo didnt fit as i moved the rad back to fit the IC.

you might be able to run the the 306 box and only change the clutch arm to the 205 one. i had to change one of the selector arms as well. i cant remember if you need to change one of the drivershafts if you run the 306 box.

use the 205 top mount the 306 one doesn't fit.

get a bosch pump dude, there are alot better and more tunabley, ive fully shimmed the governor and adjusted the advance and it goes like stink now, very smokey tho

Oberon

Engine is in at last thanks to the scrappy guy and his hiab arm equipped truck :D

On trial fitting the rad its now obvious that I need to remove the pas pump, otherwise the water out pipe will rub on the aux belt. I will be going for the 106 electric pump though as I can't be without my power steering.

I have adapted the 205 clutch cable to fit the other way, but this has'nt been tested properly yet. Its a bit of a bodge but I need the car on the road asap. I'm gonna try and re use my 205 shafts.

I ended up using the 306 top mount as I had over tightened my one and had to resort to cutting it off, it fits but is bigger.

Getting there slowly but surely, I thought I'd have it licked in one weekend.

Cheers

Raj

ryan_stdt

good to hear its in.

which gearbox are you using cos if you keep the 205 gearbox you wont have to change the long driveshaft

my clutch cable is abit of a bodge but its works so im leaving it along lol.

i didnt think that the PAS pump would fit, my Rad only just clears the alternater.

my 306 mount wouldnt phyically fit in, dodgy french clearences

J_Orr

Nice wee project bud! I have just bought one but the plan is to keep it as standard as possible. But the interior HAS to be changed, also might change the brakes & suspension as they are both a bit crap. Do you need to change to 1.9 GTi hubs yeah? What brakes are on them as standard?

ryan_stdt

I think that they came with 1.6 gti front brakes, not sure about the rear mine had a little 15 mm arb and 17 mm tb's. I think that if you wonna run bigger front brakes you will have to change to 1.9 hubs. Also my front arb was only 17mm so I've uprated it to a 21 mm one.

ryan_stdt

i haven't updated thuis for a month or two so here goes.

ive got a 309 front 21mm arb on and that stiffened up the front alot compared to the standard 17mm one

front adjustable avo shocks with 30mm lowering springs and group n top mounts

on the performance side ive fitted the pump with a 11mm distribution head with replaces the 9mm, shimmed the govern solid and shimed out the advance piston to allow it to fully advance. it seems to go a lot better but it smokes like a bi*ch, so i think a bigger turbo is in order cos the t2 turbo are rather restrictive. im thinking t25 or maybe t28 but ill have to find one that kinda fits and then abapt it.

a few new pictures in my photobucket.

muddatrucker

What did you do with the beige seats?

ryan_stdt

already sold mate,

still got loads of bits the rest of the interior tho..

jimistdt

Any chance I can have your beautiful beige ashtray please? If it stays shut that is? You can give it Paul if you want and I'll get it off him in september!

muddatrucker
Any chance I can have your beautiful beige ashtray please? If it stays shut that is? You can give it Paul if you want and I'll get it off him in september!

I'm going to put magnets in mine, it randomly wouldn't close today.

ryan_stdt

sorry mate when i brought the car the ash tray was held in with blue tack lol

Paul_13

Becoming more of a for sale thread :lol:

Put some pics up of your many fudged turbo's :lol:

ryan_stdt

I took them all up the dump the other day, I'll try and find a video

ryan_stdt

its time for a change, ive had enough listening to that low reving monotone diesel noise. i think that its time for a 205 gti with a lovely high reving 16v lump in.

im on the look out for an average condition 205 either a 1.6 or 1.9 gti i'm not bothered and swap all the good bits from the diesel to the gti, i.e brakes, suspension, arb

ive got an engine in bits at home, from Paul, and all i need to do is check it over for wear and damage and re biuld it, i might need a bit of help tho.

ill probley keep the diesel as a run about, only because its cheap as chips to run.

Paul_13

Ryan's got rid of the stdt and built a 205 gti6 :) and now he's gone back to the derv!

He's some pictures of the monster in making, the engine's going into a 306 dturbo S this time.

th_IMG_2041.jpg

th_IMG_3412.jpg

th_IMG_8887.jpg

Bore hole still needs to be enlarged

th_IMG_9183.jpg

It's a scooby turbo mounted onto a standard 306 dt exhaust mani :)

The cars also got a modified pump with an 11mm head in the pump, different cam plate and an advance mod :)

Proper rapid down low so much torque and that was running a KKK turbo, dread to think what it's going to like with the scooby turbo (TD04)

Strictly_Derv

with those mods 306's have been dyno'd up to 200 bhp and atleast 170bhp. This thing is going to be mental!

There's a guy on Pug306.net who had one of these engines supercharged and a mahoosive truck turbo, before the charger it was 214bhp

I will be watching this thread for inspiration :)

Paul_13

I'll tell him to stop being a lazy bugger and update it :lol:

Strictly_Derv

How's this thing going then?

Paul_13

Not much progress I dont think. I believe he put a standard turbo on for the meanwhile.

We got to take the engine out of the 306 (he scrapped the 205 as it got crashed into) to sort a clutch problem and the cambelt keep coming off the pulley. That was the last I heard