• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jaggers12

[car_overhaul] 205 Dimma That Was Sat For 6 Years

Brian M
do you think so?? but so is getting the original ones i guess..

The amount of craftsmanship required to: cut a set of wheels to bits weld a rim around the side with 40 holes around it for bolts, buying 160 bolts, getting it all flush and structurally solid, buying 4x inner rims and 4x outer rims you'll end up worse of than just hanging around waiting on a set.

It would be better if someone was kind enough to take their dimma wheels apart to allow you to cast the centres and get them custom made, a little bit copy-right but do-able :) Inner and outer rims come in all sorts of shapes and sizes as well as bolts it's the centres that's the tricky bit.

Edited by carsnmusic

SurGie

I had imagined the center part is from the original 1.9 alloy cut down so the edges will bolt onto it.

jaggers12

lol ive never heard of cutting down alloy wheels :) but i have been looking into banded steels :) dose anyone know if 307 15inch steels will it 205 hubs

mikebullock84

the dimma wheels look like a 1.9 but the internals are alot different. I dont think making a set of either steels or alloys wider is a good idea at all! to get the correct true and balance would be a nightmare, i can just imagine them shaking themselves to bits at 70mph and the wheel coming apart!

023.jpg

007-1.jpg

ilovemypug

i wasn´t suggesting doint it the DIY way, i was thinking out loud as what wheel builders do, they trim the rim and build a wider bed for the rim and secure them in place with either studs or bolts..

marsy

Nice find there buddy! I bought i set split rims of ebay a few months ago for my Dimma, got them on the car at the mo, set me back £250 but look ok on the car, not as nice as the 1.9 style but good non the less. Just keep looking on there and something will pop up.

IMGP0022.jpg

03-10-200802-15-11_0006.jpg

Galifrey
the dimma wheels look like a 1.9 but the internals are alot different. I dont think making a set of either steels or alloys wider is a good idea at all! to get the correct true and balance would be a nightmare, i can just imagine them shaking themselves to bits at 70mph and the wheel coming apart!

Steel wheel widening is old school, and has been successful for many years.

http://www.bandedsteels.com/ do them still

jaggers12

i have been looking at this company but do 307 15/16 inch wheels have the right offset

Kev-G
i have been looking at this company but do 307 15/16 inch wheels have the right offset

As a 205? Yes.

mikebullock84
Steel wheel widening is old school, and has been successful for many years.

http://www.bandedsteels.com/ do them still

...yeah i know that, but they come at a price, hence it would be a waste of time and money modifying a set of steel wheels, when you could get some spilts off ebay like marsy, which are great, or just hope that some dimma rims come up, but they are about as rare as rocking horse s*it!

ilovemypug
...yeah i know that, but they come at a price, hence it would be a waste of time and money modifying a set of steel wheels, when you could get some spilts off ebay like marsy, which are great, or just hope that some dimma rims come up, but they are about as rare as rocking horse s*it!

how much do they ask for a set of banded wheels??

here in portugal you get them done 50€ per wheel, which is about 35€ each.

jaggers12

it says on the banded stels website.

im hopeing to get sum more pics up soon im currently repairing the front bumper

Galifrey
how much do they ask for a set of banded wheels??

here in portugal you get them done 50€ per wheel, which is about 35€ each.

I think 50 euros is closer to 50 euros than 35 :)

jaggers12

ive been busy working on the car and got it looking a bit better and added a complete lock set

ive got it running kindda some one had put the ht leads on in the wrong order, i then changed the dizzy cap , leads and plugs.

2009-10-17180038.jpg

i thought id make a start on the broken bumper

2009-10-25170459.jpg

back in one peice

2009-10-25220523.jpg

not finished but back on the car with some new indicators and headlight adjuster brakets

2009-11-14153809.jpg

im currantly waiting for some headlights to arrive in the post, im also bidding on a amf on ebay as the car cuts out once it gets warm.

my bonnet hindges aslo decided to give up today and one of the bolts snapped as i was removing it aswell :D

gonna bleed the brakes tomorrow :)

Edited by jaggers12

mikebullock84

hopefully you will be able to get hold of some quad lights, as it looks like you car once had a set with the indicators in the bumper?!

Nrj

great looking car,

you lot say factory dimma, so you could actually go into a pug dealer and buy one?

jaggers12

errmm i dont know about that.

ive opted for standard lights rather then the quad ones but keeping the indicators in the bumper but ive put the side lights where the normal indicators would be they are orange but look cool with the head lights on :)

jaggers12

ive blasted it over wiv a jet wash 2 get alot of the moss off but im trying to keep it fairly dry at the mo as i need to get a sunroof handle and a boot window

bazil_205gti

hi there mate good luck with the project, i too found a 205 original dimma, that im currently restoring

you cant beat the look of a 205 dimma :)

jedibusa
you cant beat the look of a 205 dimma :huh:

Too true. I thought they were amazing the first time i saw one.