• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kyepan

Random Mechanical Failure Of The Day

mainline

Windscreen washer motor stopped working :)

Amazingly, this is the first mechanical failure in six months!

Paul_13
exhaust parted company again..

speedhumps + worn out rubbers = detatchment....

replacing rubbers.

ordered wishbone... mot due soooon.

:)

I thought going through 2 engine's was bad, it just keeps coming for you Justin :)

cheesegrater

Starter motor got stuck cue me not being able to fire up, trying to leave Ace Cafe :)

kyepan

so picture this..

justin the phone designer, in his fancy-man clothes, fly boots with zig zag laces, pencil thing gstar jeans with shoreditch turnups, crate paper shirt, in the work car park between the audi a6 sline caps, bmws and other new cars... Lying on his back under the pug with a 3/8th ratchet doing up the clamp bolts on the maniblow, just at the time when everyone is leaving work. People walking past, getting into their cars, noticeably slowing as they pass

All they can see is a silly poncy man invisible from the waste up, twitching and grunting under a s*it old french car...swearing quietly under his breath.. and muttering to himself.

bloke comes over... I hear his shoes clip clop as he approaches "em... um.. are you ok"

J: "other than owning a french car... yes"

conversation ends.

clip clop clip clop

*sigh.

Edited by kyepan

GLPoomobile
justin the phone designer, in his fancy-man clothes, fly boots with zig zag laces, pencil thing gstar jeans with shoreditch turnups, crate paper shirt,

Do you wear eye liner and carry a manbag? You deserve eveything you get :D

kyepan
Do you wear eye liner and carry a manbag? You deserve eveything you get :)

What's eye liner? you seem to be an expert in all things metrosexual... in fact judging from your posts, an expert in all things.. up to and including the spectacular view from inside your own colon. :D

GLPoomobile

Ooooooo you bitch :) Did I hit a raw nerve? :D

kyepan
Ooooooo you bitch :huh: Did I hit a raw nerve? :)

not at all, but it's good to turn up the heat on you lot occasionally :D

he he

welshpug

I'd have got fedup of that exhaust a loooong time ago, and at the very least welded the bugger together!!

TT205

Driving along on Sunday, only done a few gentle miles, water temp went off the scale as in suddenly shot off the scale <_<

I love scrounging about looking for bad earths - not

Tom Fenton

My car is in dry dock at the moment, its been parked up for a couple of weeks as I've been busy with other things. The reason, whenever I took it to work it would spew about 1/2 a litre of gearbox oil out over the floor. At home and anywhere else it didn't do it. I can only assume it doesn't like being taken to work!

I've got some new driveshaft oil seals which will hopefully cure the problem.

miamichris
My car is in dry dock at the moment, its been parked up for a couple of weeks as I've been busy with other things. The reason, whenever I took it to work it would spew about 1/2 a litre of gearbox oil out over the floor. At home and anywhere else it didn't do it. I can only assume it doesn't like being taken to work!

I've got some new driveshaft oil seals which will hopefully cure the problem.

Better hope it isn't one of your clutch bolts has sheared off and put a hole is your diff casing Tom, not that its ever happened to me of course... <_<

TT205
Better hope it isn't one of your clutch bolts has sheared off and put a hole is your diff casing Tom, not that its ever happened to me of course... :)

Ah but Tom always locktite's them :(

Tom Fenton

Indeed I do, if anything it will be a piece of debris from the smashed diff gears has got thrown out through the casing. However I'm being optimistic at present and hoping the shafts seals sort it....

Tom Fenton

Found the cause of my gearbox oil leak, in fact it was one of the intermediate driveshaft brg bolts sheared off! Luckily had some spares so now the shaft is secure again.

mickie

dizzy cap came unloose without me knowing i turned the car over too much and killed the battery before opening the bonnet and finding it hanging to one side..

my battery loses power far too quickly and imo clipping on a dizzy cap is a bad idea with a car that likes to take corners.. can you get bolt on type dizzys for 205s ?

welshpug

Stripped and greased the wiper linkages on the 309, then the relay that makes it park in the right place has decided to die :unsure:

and to top it all, they are no faster :P

GLPoomobile

I managed to snap off the heater control knob for the fan speed yesterday (It's got a sticky point where you go from no fan and the flap closed, to flap open and fan coming on). Good job you can pull the knobs straight off as I just swapped over one of the others to turn the fan off.

kyepan

did the wishbone, my god the pattern bushes are s*it, it is noticeably less stable under acceleration and whilst cornering... i'll bet they die in under three months.

Passed mot with two advisories on the front tyres which need replacing anyway... no other minors, or majors, result.

exhaust fell off again yesterday.. damn speed bumps.

J

Baz
my battery loses power far too quickly and imo clipping on a dizzy cap is a bad idea with a car that likes to take corners.. can you get bolt on type dizzys for 205s ?

Yup, the later ones are screwed on. :rolleyes:

kyepan

the exhaust manifold has a crack near the 2 into one section, gun gummed it for now.

The left front hub wheel bearing is utterly shagged, causing some play in the geometry and less than decent handling, my mate is going to press in a new bearing tomorrow.

took only 30 mins from wheels down to hub off ! a new record.

The sump is covered in oil..

oh and i bent the mazda on a low curb on thursday... sigh

Batfink

if you need any bits....

Colins rung to say my car is ready to collect

kyepan

alternator was shagged, have changed it.. and it went like stink.. for a day.

although there was a very slight misfire under heavy load a couple of times over the weekend..

This morning it started and it decided misfired consistently, drove it half way to the station, and turned around, as the misfire didn't clear.

Not had a misfire on 3 row management before... this should be interesting to diagnose.. going to go over the simple stuff first.. but will probably have to wait a couple of days.

ho hum.

Tom Fenton

Check the simple things first, plugs, leads, water down plug holes etc.